Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Next 6 games

+9
luckyPeterpiper
scottjames30
Boggersbelief
Natasha Whittam
Norpig
NickFazer
Mr Magoo
Chairmanda
Bwfc1958
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

21Next 6 games  - Page 2 Empty Re: Next 6 games Thu Dec 31 2015, 13:43

NickFazer wrote: Disappointed in no BEL though

Just pick a random old one and re-read it.

In fact there's probably an old Blackburn one floating about somewhere on here.

It's all he would have done anyway, so you're not missing anything new.

22Next 6 games  - Page 2 Empty Re: Next 6 games Thu Dec 31 2015, 13:48

6 wins from the next 6 games.

23Next 6 games  - Page 2 Empty Re: Next 6 games Thu Dec 31 2015, 13:49

y2johnny wrote:6 wins from the next 6 games.

Ah yes, but for whom.....?

24Next 6 games  - Page 2 Empty Re: Next 6 games Thu Dec 31 2015, 13:49

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:

What a miserable f***** you've become.

Back in June when we were predicting where we'd finish this season, I and one or two others were writing that survival should be our target. 

You wrote:

"You utter twats. Every real fan starts the new season expecting promotion. And this season is no different.

Targeting anything lower is shameful."

Add to that you can't be arsed to write a BEL when we beat our local rivals and the constant stream of negativity and abuse you vomit all over these pages and I really am starting to worry about you. Something has definitely changed. What's up?

January is not the start of the season.

Every August I expect to win the league. If we're bottom at Christmas, I don't.

25Next 6 games  - Page 2 Empty Re: Next 6 games Thu Dec 31 2015, 14:07

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
wanderlust wrote:

Back in June when we were predicting where we'd finish this season, I and one or two others were writing that survival should be our target. 

You wrote:

"You utter twats. Every real fan starts the new season expecting promotion. And this season is no different.

Add to that you can't be arsed to write a BEL when we beat our local rivals and the constant stream of negativity and abuse you vomit all over these pages and I really am starting to worry about you. Something has definitely changed. What's up?

So it's dementia rather than depression?

26Next 6 games  - Page 2 Empty Re: Next 6 games Thu Dec 31 2015, 14:15

FullofSprite

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

wanderlust wrote:
FullofSprite wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:
Boggersbelief wrote:Are you telling me that beating teams like Huddersfield and Rotherham is beyond the realms of possibility ?

On the current evidence, yes.

Have you forgotten the last time we played Rotherham already?

We've been relegated for months. It'll take more than a win against Rovers and Huddersfield - we need a miracle. Our only chance is if someone buys the football club within next week or so, but ED is making it extremely difficult for anyone to do that.

Supporters will have to make their frustrations known and ask for Birch to go. Bloke is making money on backs of BWFC while club goes down the toilet. No one with any serious money wants to buy the club and they're all waiting for admin.

We should have gone into admin 2 - 3 weeks ago if we wanted to stay up. We didn't and the club will find it difficult to survive the season. In fact the doors could be closed for the final time after the Huddersfield game.
A lot of speculation and a touch of nonsense there FOS.

I agree we need a massive change in both luck and performance to have any chance of survival and a narrow win against a very poor Rovers side is well short of what will be required in the tougher games ahead. But at least we haven't rolled over yet.
Relegation is likely but not definite yet.

Haven't seen any evidence of ED blocking the sale and it wouldn't be in his interest to do so - unless potential buyers are planning to cash in and piss off - in which case he would be doing it to protect the club as well as his investment.

Going into admin would mean certain relegation with a 12 point deduction and a firesale of assets so I don't get why you think it would be a good thing.

Even if we are taken over, there is likely to be a firesale anyway - but the impact could be minimised if it's handled right and we could limp away with the bones of the club intact.

The situation is very, very bad and we are really going to suffer - of that there is little doubt. All that is being debated now is how much we are going to suffer and for how long.

But there is still a choice albeit between bad and really bad.
Think the club is dead in the water anyway. If we'd announced we were going into admin 2 - 3 weeks ago people would have got their act together and we would have found a buyer. As it is we are just slowly walking to the inevitable. No one is going to buy the club until we are in admin, so lets get on with it. If the club closes for good then so be it. Plenty of clubs around to follow and we can start a new team in the conference. Right now we're just pussy footying around.

I believe he is blocking the sale as he doesn't want an overseas buyer and is hoping that Holdsworth consortium will raise enough money to buy the club as he's under the illusion that an English buyer would be best for BWFC.

27Next 6 games  - Page 2 Empty Re: Next 6 games Thu Dec 31 2015, 14:33

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The thing is we are only 4 points off safety and have a better goal difference than the two teams immediately above us
. Our luck can only improve and maybe the clubs around us will have a bit of a mare for a change. There's still a chance we might get a takeover that retains most of the players and assets. Some of our players have been out of form and that may change. And there are plenty of games to go. 
As of this moment there is still a possibility we might escape relegation even though it's unlikely, so I don't think it's time to throw in the towel just yet. 
But if we go into admin that will be that IMO.

Not a clue what's going on with the sale negotiations or with ED though.

28Next 6 games  - Page 2 Empty Re: Next 6 games Thu Dec 31 2015, 14:33

Breadman wrote:

All for us. Midtable by end of Feb

29Next 6 games  - Page 2 Empty Re: Next 6 games Thu Dec 31 2015, 14:36

y2johnny wrote:
Breadman wrote:

When did you start supporting Leeds?

30Next 6 games  - Page 2 Empty Re: Next 6 games Thu Dec 31 2015, 14:41

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

y2johnny wrote:
Breadman wrote:

Hang on Johnny. This isn't in line with your pre-season prediction which was "Champions by March" as I recall. Smile

31Next 6 games  - Page 2 Empty Re: Next 6 games Thu Dec 31 2015, 14:46

I've had to slightly realign the forecast to Fit in with current budgets and staff turnover. Very Happy

32Next 6 games  - Page 2 Empty Re: Next 6 games Thu Dec 31 2015, 14:47

Breadman wrote:
y2johnny wrote:
Breadman wrote:

When did you start supporting Leeds?

The one team i hate more than any other is Leeds

33Next 6 games  - Page 2 Empty Re: Next 6 games Thu Dec 31 2015, 14:51

Bollotom2014

Bollotom2014
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Not just whether we can win, you also have to look at the prospects of the teams we will play. Toss of the coin moment I'm thinking.
 And now I'm going on duty so all you loafers can sleep peacefully in your beds. Hope a Happy New Year is on the cards for us all.  :party: :COYW:

34Next 6 games  - Page 2 Empty Re: Next 6 games Thu Dec 31 2015, 18:01

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

y2johnny wrote:I've had to slightly realign the forecast to Fit in with current budgets and staff turnover.  Very Happy

"Slightly realign the forecast"?

Michael Effing Fish does a better forecast than you Johnny!

35Next 6 games  - Page 2 Empty Re: Next 6 games Thu Dec 31 2015, 18:13

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

Natasha Whittam wrote:
wanderlust wrote:

You wrote:

Before the season started you predicted we'd finish on 51 points. You mustn't think much of all the other teams in the championship if you thought we'd win the league with 51 points.

36Next 6 games  - Page 2 Empty Re: Next 6 games Thu Dec 31 2015, 18:18

Is that even mathematically possibru.....?  Very Happy

37Next 6 games  - Page 2 Empty Re: Next 6 games Thu Dec 31 2015, 18:26

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

I predicted we'd finish on 71 and I'm sticking by it. We only need another 17 wins and 3 draws from the remaining 22 games which should be a breeze, even if we lose our best players in January.

38Next 6 games  - Page 2 Empty Re: Next 6 games Thu Dec 31 2015, 19:13

I've just checked and nobody went for 8 points so I reckon it's going to be a rollover to next season.

39Next 6 games  - Page 2 Empty Re: Next 6 games Sat Jan 02 2016, 18:30

FullofSprite

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

So much for winning the next 8 games - Hope we've now excepted we're relegated

40Next 6 games  - Page 2 Empty Re: Next 6 games Sat Jan 02 2016, 18:32

Don't know about excepting it but i think most of us have accepted it Wink

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum: