Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Where are they now? - Benik Afobe

+4
scottjames30
Natasha Whittam
Boggersbelief
Sluffy
8 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Where are they now? - Benik Afobe Empty Where are they now? - Benik Afobe Sun Jan 10 2016, 16:20

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Off to Bournemouth for £10 million apparently!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Just think Bolton cut short his loan deal because our manager thought he was shite!

Good move Dougie.

2Where are they now? - Benik Afobe Empty Re: Where are they now? - Benik Afobe Sun Jan 10 2016, 16:28

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He was shite.

3Where are they now? - Benik Afobe Empty Re: Where are they now? - Benik Afobe Sun Jan 10 2016, 16:29

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I agree, he was rubbish.

4Where are they now? - Benik Afobe Empty Re: Where are they now? - Benik Afobe Sun Jan 10 2016, 16:31

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Must've got better then.

5Where are they now? - Benik Afobe Empty Re: Where are they now? - Benik Afobe Sun Jan 10 2016, 16:34

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

he was rubbish when he came to us, but i remember he scored a hat trick in a pre-season game and we all got excited.

He certainly got a lot better after he left us that's for sure

6Where are they now? - Benik Afobe Empty Re: Where are they now? - Benik Afobe Sun Jan 10 2016, 23:26

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Pee Wee herman would have got better after leaving Dougie's 'management' let alone a class player like Afobe. I honestly thought the lad would be a star and play for England someday before he arrived here but Dougie could turn Pele into Zat Knight so I'm not surprised Afobe did far better elsewhere.

7Where are they now? - Benik Afobe Empty Re: Where are they now? - Benik Afobe Sun Jan 17 2016, 10:28

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

We saw Afobe in a pre-season friendly at Portsmouth and the potential was obvious:-quick, direct, determined, eager to get a shot away.....but raw. Just needed some decent coaching and time to develop poise in front of goal. Judgements about the values of players have been one of the main contributors to our rapid decline.
 Gregg Wylde was also playing that day and, to a lesser extent, showed enough promise to suggest he might be worth a little perseverance. He's plying his trade in the lower Scottish Leagues now, I think....which is probably about our level right now...

8Where are they now? - Benik Afobe Empty Re: Where are they now? - Benik Afobe Sun Jan 17 2016, 11:06

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Gregg Wylde plays for Plymouth.

9Where are they now? - Benik Afobe Empty Re: Where are they now? - Benik Afobe Sun Jan 17 2016, 11:47

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Thanks for that, Boggers. Still similar level to us then?

10Where are they now? - Benik Afobe Empty Re: Where are they now? - Benik Afobe Sun Jan 17 2016, 16:18

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Wouldn't bet against them to beat us

11Where are they now? - Benik Afobe Empty Re: Where are they now? - Benik Afobe Sun Jan 17 2016, 19:50

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

He was crap for us but I always had a feeling he might develop in a Danny Welbeck sort of way who was also useless at 19.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum