Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton staff not being paid in January

+10
terenceanne
scottjames30
Bwfc1958
MartinBWFC
Natasha Whittam
Boggersbelief
Hipster_Nebula
wanderlust
luckyPeterpiper
BoltonTillIDie
14 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The club has released a statement advising that they cannot guarantee the staff will be paid in January.

Bolton Wanderers has stated that due to the ongoing uncertainty surrounding the club’s current funding position, it has been unable to confirm to its staff today that they will receive their wages for the month of January on the due dates.

Every effort continues to be made by the board of directors and its advisers to pay staff and also resolve the longer term funding issue during what remains a difficult and challenging time for the football club.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I'm not really surprised tbh. The players were paid in December to prevent them from becoming free agents right before a transfer window. I suspect they wouldn't have been paid last month had it been say February instead. It's quite clear that we're effectively bankrupt and the "interested parties" are now just waiting for admin so they can pick us up for next to nowt and asset strip us for a fast profit.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

More pressure on potential buyers.

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

wanderlust wrote:More pressure on potential buyers.
what potential buyers? There aren't any, not before admin when they can strip everything off and sell for a fast buck. I hate to say it but it's clear none of the "interested parties" are falling over themselves to show they have the cash to run it now and I am sure it's because they know they don't need to. 

Get your dreaming glasses off lusty, I'm the guy who was high on painkillers last night not you. Very Happy

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

luckyPeterpiper wrote:
what potential buyers? There aren't any, not before admin when they can strip everything off and sell for a fast buck. I hate to say it but it's clear none of the "interested parties" are falling over themselves to show they have the cash to run it now and I am sure it's because they know they don't need to. 

Get your dreaming glasses off lusty, I'm the guy who was high on painkillers last night not you. Very Happy
By the time admin comes around, there won't be any assets left to strip as they will have been sold to support cash flow. So if any of the buyers are serious they probably have other priorities. Let's see what happens.

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

But that's my point lusty, they aren't being sold. The club have reported failure to sell car park land as one of the reasons for non payment. The truth is mate no one wants to pay full price for anything we have left because in a month it's all going to be free or in the bargain bin. Admin is more certain than a politician fibbing now mate.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Far be it from me to defend these useless fuckers but the statement actually says they can't guarantee payment on time, not that they're not paying them.

It's being put down to the sale of the car park not going through in time to transfer the funds before the BACS run.

Although, you would think that someone would step in and stump up the cash in the short trem and then get it back when the car park money cleared.

Unless the sale fell through and there is no car park money.

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Hipster_Nebula wrote:

I know, it's tragic really innit?  Very Happy

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Breadman wrote:Far be it from me to defend these useless fuckers but the statement actually says they can't guarantee payment on time, not that they're not paying them.

It's being put down to the sale of the car park not going through in time to transfer the funds before the BACS run.

Although, you would think that someone would step in and stump up the cash in the short trem and then get it back when the car park money cleared.

Unless the sale fell through and there is no car park money.
there was no car park sale mate, it's part of the reason given for the potential non-payment along with the non-sale of players.

Why, is the sale to Emerson Group definitely off?

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

luckyPeterpiper wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:

I know, it's tragic really innit?  Very Happy

Couple of arseholes

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

No just still waiting for these "potential buyers" to actually prove they have any ability to run a professional football club.

wearing a suit and some cheap slap on isn't a qualification, sorry deano.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Revel in the clubs plight

Hipster_Nebula wrote:No just still waiting for these "potential buyers" to actually prove they have any ability to run a professional football club.

wearing a suit and some cheap slap on isn't a qualification, sorry deano.

You could be right, but like LPP you have no idea what's going on behind closed doors. It's just as likely the board are holding up any sale.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:Revel in the clubs plight

no.

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Boggersbelief wrote:Revel in the clubs plight
Better than spending my days spouting junk about being ITK when I can't tell the difference between my backside and my mouth. But in your case there isn't one, faecal matter comes out of both with astonishing regularity.

As to revelling in the club's plight, far from it. But lusty's belief that everything is going to be OK in the end is quite funny because even a two year old wouldn't believe it. 

I don't know anything and never claimed to so knowing my luck with predictions (mine being no buyer before admin then either SSI or Dodgy Disley's band asset stripping the place to the bone) tomorrow will see Richard Branson announcing he always wanted a knackered tinpot footie club from the North West so he's buying us for a billion.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

luckyPeterpiper wrote:
Better than spending my days spouting junk about being ITK when I can't tell the difference between my backside and my mouth. But in your case there isn't one, faecal matter comes out of both with astonishing regularity.

Don't talk to Boggers like that, he's special.

You have a nasty tone today, you should apologise.

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:
luckyPeterpiper wrote:

Don't talk to Boggers like that, he's special.

You have a nasty tone today, you should apologise.
Pete's tripping his tits off, cut him some slack.

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Why should I apologise Nat? For speaking my mind? Funny how you never seem to apologise for that no matter how unpleasant your tone is. As to Boggers, well, I'm not about to apologise for stating facts that you yourself have called him on more than once.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum