Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton staff not being paid in January

+10
terenceanne
scottjames30
Bwfc1958
MartinBWFC
Natasha Whittam
Boggersbelief
Hipster_Nebula
wanderlust
luckyPeterpiper
BoltonTillIDie
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

luckyPeterpiper wrote:

lusty's belief that everything is going to be OK in the end is quite funny because even a two year old wouldn't believe it. 

I don't know anything and never claimed to so.

If you don't know anything for certain though Pete, then you can't possible claim that we're guaranteed fucked. It's all speculation at this point because we are being kept in the dark and all know fuck all.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggers is a sensitive guy, your comments will hurt him and could send him over the edge.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

luckyPeterpiper wrote:
Boggersbelief wrote:Revel in the clubs plight
Better than spending my days spouting junk about being ITK when I can't tell the difference between my backside and my mouth. But in your case there isn't one, faecal matter comes out of both with astonishing regularity.

As to revelling in the club's plight, far from it. But lusty's belief that everything is going to be OK in the end is quite funny because even a two year old wouldn't believe it. 

I don't know anything and never claimed to so knowing my luck with predictions (mine being no buyer before admin then either SSI or Dodgy Disley's band asset stripping the place to the bone) tomorrow will see Richard Branson announcing he always wanted a knackered tinpot footie club from the North West so he's buying us for a billion.

So you do revel in the clubs plight..?

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:Boggers is a sensitive guy, your comments will hurt him and could send him over the edge.
And you've always shown so much compassion to your fellow posters haven't you Nat?

Jesus, this is like being told to be nice to Jews by Hitler.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I've just been viciously attacked, I hope the mods step up

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

luckyPeterpiper wrote:The truth is mate no one wants to pay full price for anything we have left because in a month it's all going to be free or in the bargain bin. 
I suggested this week's ago but changed my mind.

That argument breaks down when you consider that there are no preferred buyers in an admin fire sale.

Remember that the duty of the administrators is to service the creditors so they don't care who they sell to just as long as they get the best price for the assets.

With more than one player on the scene there are no guarantees that buyers will get what they want if the assets are split into lots or other parties with a non-football agenda (e.g. hoteliers or retailers) get involved in the fire sale which is likely to happen if we go into admin. 

If a buyer wants to buy a viable football club (and this is the key question IMO) they have to do it before we enter admin or else they will be fighting for scraps in a tank of sharks and may have to pay through the nose to get all the bits they need. In other words there is a financial incentive for anyone who is genuinely interested in owning a footie club (as opposed to bits of a former football club). 

Equally, if ED as a creditor wants to retain control over who buys his shares as he claims he does, he must avoid the fiasco that is administration and seek a suitable compromise with the buyers.

Hence the brinkmanship - on both sides.

With these forces in play, I don't think a deal is out of the question - I think it's likely.

Last edited by wanderlust on Wed Jan 20 2016, 16:56; edited 1 time in total

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Think yourself lucky, I've just been compared to Hitler!

Shame on LPP and shame on the mods for not issuing an instant ban.

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

No boggers, far from it. In fact the club's plight makes me sick and angry because there was never any need for it to happen. The truth is we've been mismanaged at the very top for years. I said so, Nat said so, damned near everyone with more than three brain cells said so but the higher ups lied through their teeth and did nothing. 

Believe me when I say I hate it and since I can't do anything much about it there I'm venting my spleen here. I realise my tone today is harsh and most likely even unjustified to you so I apologise for that and to Nat for my last post but the fact is I feel damned near helpless to do anything to help a club I've loved for forty years so I'm venting my spleen here.

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:Think yourself lucky, I've just been compared to Hitler!

I know Nat and I apologise, just let my temper get the better of me there. It won't happen again.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ha ha, give over Pete, you know I'm just messing.

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:Ha ha, give over Pete, you know I'm just messing.
I'm not. My grandfather would have had my head and rightly so for that comment.

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

luckyPeterpiper wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:Think yourself lucky, I've just been compared to Hitler!

I know Nat and I apologise, just let my temper get the better of me there. It won't happen again.
Don't apologise Pete, I like the new you.  Shorter, more abusive posts are definitely the way forward.  Very Happy

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bwfc1958 wrote: Shorter, more abusive posts are definitely the way forward.  Very Happy

I'll take that as a compliment. You bellend.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

LPP is laying down some serious education here. 

Some top posts.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

As long as every Bolton fan gets paid, who gives a fuck.

Iles has finally grown a pair and expressed an editorial opinion in the BN.

Better late than never I suppose.

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Breadman wrote:Iles has finally grown a pair and expressed an editorial opinion in the BN.

Better late than never I suppose.

Aye that's the end of his free beer & sausage pies at the stadium.

Even he realizes now that the board + Phil + Eddie = Useless.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Lennon reveals 'whip round' for cash-strapped staff at Wanderers

Neil Lennon has revealed that he and his coaching team have dug into their own pockets to help out cash-strapped staff at Wanderers.

Club employees were told on Wednesday that they would not be paid on time in January because of the uncertain financial situation at the club.

Lennon – whose wages have also been put on hold – has helped out a few of his Euxton-based colleagues with bills, and admits the situation has damaged morale badly in the camp.

“I have got people – part of my backroom and football staff – who are struggling to make ends meet at the moment,” he said.

“That’s not a great scenario, so some of us have had a whip round just to keep them on board.

“They have been here a while and they absolutely love the club. If anyone deserves to be paid it’s these guys because of what they give.”

The club will seek a validation order in court today which will trigger the sale of car parking land at the Macron, and free up cash to pay staff next week.

Lennon is optimistic the club could now be over the worst of the situation.

“It’s very, very difficult but I do think there will be a solution to it,” he added.

“We’ll get permission today and I think people will get paid.

“And if the sale goes through then hopefully a takeover will follow.”

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

If they manage to sell the car park, how will that help with a takeover? 

At first I thought it would be because the asking price would be cheaper as there's no car park lumped in, but that can't be true because Eddie only wants a quid anyway so surely is just another asset that a potential buyer won't get anymore, therefore making it an even less attractive proposition than it already is. 

Am I talking bollocks or is Lennon making sense with that statement?

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

I see it as a '6' or two '3's' situation.

The running costs of the club to at least the end of July is stated to be something around £1 million a month - made up largely by players wages.

So either the club has to keep finding that money each month - by selling off things like the car park - or the Holdsworth / Disleys / whoever takeover the club now and do more or less the same thing anyway - the same bills need paying irrespective of who owns the club.

After July some of the larger players contracts expire I believe and thus the monthly running costs will fall appropriately and hopefully allow the business model of the club to be changed to run more profitably (although I can't really see how until all the big earners have gone and we are able to live within our means - ie mostly gate receipts and selling shirts etc).

I can't see how Holdsworth and others can make a profit on their investment other than by asset stripping what is left in the club after July - and I hazard a guess that is how Davies views it to.

If so neither Davies or the Holdsworths need to do any business at all (as long as bills can be paid on time) - until the clubs assets do run out and at that point I can't see why the Holdsworths would then want the club (unless of course they are genuine - and if so why has Davies not done a deal with them so far?).

I tend to think the hastily created ST has been set up as a failsafe plan to give the club to when all assets have been disposed of - as some sort of Eddie Davies legacy to the fans.

God help us then as we will simply become another Rochdale of the bottom leagues until someone buys the club off them and invests in us again.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum