Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Solicitors fees when buying a house

+5
gloswhite
karlypants
scottjames30
Natasha Whittam
Leeds_Trotter
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Solicitors fees when buying a house Empty Solicitors fees when buying a house Wed Feb 03 2016, 21:27

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Does anyone know what the average fees are for when buying a house? I'm in the process of buying my house and I'm getting quotes of like £900 is that about right? Any help and advice would be appreciated.

Sounds about right that, mate.

They do fuck all for it, mind, and you'll probably spend the same again in phone calls chasing the dreary bastards up.....

Good luck.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Leeds_Trotter wrote:Does anyone know what the average fees are for when buying a house? I'm in the process of buying my house and I'm getting quotes of like £900 is that about right? Any help and advice would be appreciated.

It's not unreasonable.

Make sure you use a local firm and not one of these cheaper internet firms.

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Breadman wrote:Sounds about right that, mate.

They do fuck all for it, mind, and you'll probably spend the same again in phone calls chasing the dreary bastards up.....

Good luck.
I didn't expect the fee really. With being a first time buyer and all that, I wasn't aware there was such a thing until I seen my mortgage adviser.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

HSK solicitors will normally beat any price, used them afew times and they've always been ok.

I got them recommend to me, the one on cheetham hill Rd.

There is an office in Bolton now too.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

scottjames30 wrote:HSK solicitors will normally beat any price, used them afew times and they've always been ok.

He's after a conveyancer, not a defence lawyer.

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

scottjames30 wrote:HSK solicitors will normally beat any price, used them afew times and they've always been ok.

I got them recommend to me, the one on cheetham hill Rd.

There is an office in Bolton now too.
I'm from and live in Leeds mate.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Leeds_Trotter wrote:
I'm from and live in Leeds mate.

Your username was too subtle for Scott.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:

He's after a conveyancer, not a defence lawyer.
Laughing

10Solicitors fees when buying a house Empty Re: Solicitors fees when buying a house Thu Feb 04 2016, 12:07

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I cant remember exactly, but I'm sure paid about 1300/1400 to buy and sell, but I can see by your name that you don't live in Cheltenham Very Happy
have to say, my solicitor did a lot of running about, bringing in all sorts of searches, and generally chasing the other people on my behalf. He was very good, so I think he earned the fee.

11Solicitors fees when buying a house Empty Re: Solicitors fees when buying a house Thu Feb 04 2016, 12:10

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

LT, you will be coming across all sorts of 'hidden' fees, costs, etc. Have you priced the moving company yet ? Taken into consideration the almost double first mortgage you will probably pay, and increased deposits/insurance, etc ?
Just thought I would ask Very Happy

12Solicitors fees when buying a house Empty Re: Solicitors fees when buying a house Thu Feb 04 2016, 12:12

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

gloswhite wrote:LT, you will be coming across all sorts of 'hidden' fees, costs, etc. Have you priced the moving company yet ? Taken into consideration the almost double first mortgage you will probably pay, and increased deposits/insurance, etc ?
Just thought I would ask Very Happy
Priced the moving company?

Hopefully he will have the sense to do about 10 trips from his mums in his car to save money.

Either that or hire a van for a day and get family members to chip in with the heavy lifting etc! Very Happy

13Solicitors fees when buying a house Empty Re: Solicitors fees when buying a house Thu Feb 04 2016, 12:17

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Yeah, choose KP's removal firm. Guaranteed to break every item you own for a bargain price.

14Solicitors fees when buying a house Empty Re: Solicitors fees when buying a house Thu Feb 04 2016, 12:20

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:Yeah, choose KP's removal firm. Guaranteed to break every item you own for a bargain price.
Clothes in bin bags, TV and electricals in car along with valuables, furniture tied up securely in van with rope.

What's wrong with that? Very Happy

15Solicitors fees when buying a house Empty Re: Solicitors fees when buying a house Thu Feb 04 2016, 14:01

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

See I don't have any moving fees because it's this house i'm buying. I'm using my mums right to buy and getting the house for 42k when it's worth 120k. Already started saving for my own place though so should be looking to move out in the next two years with any luck. This is just a cheap easy way of getting on the ladder.

Last edited by Leeds_Trotter on Thu Feb 04 2016, 23:08; edited 1 time in total

16Solicitors fees when buying a house Empty Re: Solicitors fees when buying a house Thu Feb 04 2016, 14:27

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:Yeah, choose KP's removal firm. Guaranteed to break every item you own for a bargain price.
Clothes in bin bags, TV and electricals in car along with valuables, furniture tied up securely in van with rope.

What's wrong with that? Very Happy
Solicitors fees when buying a house 1f32c7ead93b7756c6b3ee109638a01b

17Solicitors fees when buying a house Empty Re: Solicitors fees when buying a house Thu Feb 04 2016, 15:29

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I recently sold a flat in Manchester using MJP Conveyancing who provide an online service which was excellent. They provide you with a login to a portal to exchange docs and upload all the bits required and they're pretty good at chasing the other side. All in all it cost me around £700 for what was a complex sale as I was selling with a sitting tenant. I'd recommend them. I believe you can get online quotes from their website.

18Solicitors fees when buying a house Empty Re: Solicitors fees when buying a house Thu Feb 04 2016, 15:35

How much did you get for the tenant?

19Solicitors fees when buying a house Empty Re: Solicitors fees when buying a house Thu Feb 04 2016, 15:48

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i've always thought the searches charges are ridiculous, why does a house that has been standing probably since at least the 1930's need all those land searches doing every time someone buys the house?

20Solicitors fees when buying a house Empty Re: Solicitors fees when buying a house Thu Feb 04 2016, 17:18

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Leeds_Trotter wrote:See I don't have any moving fees because it's this house I'm guy information I'm using my mums right to buy and getting the house for 42k when it's worth 120k.

Pretty sure that's illegal.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum