Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Solicitors fees when buying a house

+5
gloswhite
karlypants
scottjames30
Natasha Whittam
Leeds_Trotter
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

21Solicitors fees when buying a house - Page 2 Empty Re: Solicitors fees when buying a house Thu Feb 04 2016, 17:25

Solution to the housing crisis? Sell off what's left of social housing on the cheap.

Tory logic.

22Solicitors fees when buying a house - Page 2 Empty Re: Solicitors fees when buying a house Thu Feb 04 2016, 20:53

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:Solution to the housing crisis? Sell off what's left of social housing on the cheap.

Tory logic.

For once, I agree. If you must sell it off why do it on the cheap?

23Solicitors fees when buying a house - Page 2 Empty Re: Solicitors fees when buying a house Thu Feb 04 2016, 22:19

About time, I've put your Corbyn doll in the post.

24Solicitors fees when buying a house - Page 2 Empty Re: Solicitors fees when buying a house Thu Feb 04 2016, 23:18

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Leeds_Trotter wrote:See I don't have any moving fees because it's this house I'm buy information I'm using my mums right to buy and getting the house for 42k when it's worth 120k.

Pretty sure that's illegal.
Dunno what happened to my post but that makes no sense, and I didn't put what I put. Maybe my phone auto changed buying to guy information. Anyway no it is not illegal because when you put the right to buy application form in, you can do it with someone who is living there and has been for over a certain number of years.

As for it been a stupid idea it's complete bollocks. It's a fantastic idea the Tories came up with. It gives people the chance to own a home at a fair price. It's so hard for any first time buyer these days. If the social housing sector is in dire need of more houses then maybe they should cut the foreign aid budget and use it to build more home for people over here rather than sending it overseas. Too right someone who has been paying rent for the house most there life should get to purchase the house at a discounted rate, my mum has probably pay for this house with the amount of rent that she's paid. Not everyone is born with a silver spoon and have parents that will leave them a home or a shit load of money when they pass away, So the fact we can secure my future and be able to stay in my house where I grew up is fantastic.

25Solicitors fees when buying a house - Page 2 Empty Re: Solicitors fees when buying a house Thu Feb 04 2016, 23:40

Not blaming you for taking advantage it's a cracking deal and you'd be a fool not to. But a government has to consider the bigger picture, there are over a hundred thousand homeless children in the UK and a increasing housing shortage because social housing is being sold and not replaced. If it was as Thatcher promised when she first introduced the scheme then it would be fine, we wouldn't have a shortage. But we do and until thats rectified selling off social housing is a ridiculous policy.

26Solicitors fees when buying a house - Page 2 Empty Re: Solicitors fees when buying a house Fri Feb 05 2016, 10:21

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Leeds_Trotter wrote:

As for it been a stupid idea it's complete bollocks. It's a fantastic idea the Tories came up with. It gives people the chance to own a home at a fair price. It's so hard for any first time buyer these days. If the social housing sector is in dire need of more houses then maybe they should cut the foreign aid budget and use it to build more home for people over here rather than sending it overseas. Too right someone who has been paying rent for the house most there life should get to purchase the house at a discounted rate, my mum has probably pay for this house with the amount of rent that she's paid. Not everyone is born with a silver spoon and have parents that will leave them a home or a shit load of money when they pass away, So the fact we can secure my future and be able to stay in my house where I grew up is fantastic.

This. My parents lived in a council house for years and eventually bought it under the Thatcher era.

27Solicitors fees when buying a house - Page 2 Empty Re: Solicitors fees when buying a house Fri Feb 05 2016, 11:20

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I don't blame LT for taking advantage, I'm sure I'd do the same in his shoes. Doesn't make it right though.

Firstly, it's not owning a home at a "fair price", it's owning a home at a bargain price. People were given council houses because they couldn't afford private housing, and that's fair and proper, but they shouldn't be able to financially gain from that years down the line.

Let's say you have two people, same sex and same age. One works his backside off to gain a living wage and can just about afford to rent a small property. The other doesn't work hard and is given a council house.

Fast forward 20 years and the first person doesn't get the option to buy his rented house, despite working hard all these years. The second person gets offered his council house and is set up for life.

No one can ever argue that is fair - it's basically rewarding doing fook all.

28Solicitors fees when buying a house - Page 2 Empty Re: Solicitors fees when buying a house Fri Feb 05 2016, 11:51

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Natasha Whittam wrote:I don't blame LT for taking advantage, I'm sure I'd do the same in his shoes. Doesn't make it right though.

Firstly, it's not owning a home at a "fair price", it's owning a home at a bargain price. People were given council houses because they couldn't afford private housing, and that's fair and proper, but they shouldn't be able to financially gain from that years down the line.

Let's say you have two people, same sex and same age. One works his backside off to gain a living wage and can just about afford to rent a small property. The other doesn't work hard and is given a council house.

Fast forward 20 years and the first person doesn't get the option to buy his rented house, despite working hard all these years. The second person gets offered his council house and is set up for life.

No one can ever argue that is fair - it's basically rewarding doing fook all.

Life isn't fair. I've worked my socks off to be able to do this. I saved 10k to get a deposit for my first place. But I changed my mind and decided to use this right to buy instead because it was a no brainer. There are shared ownership deals that people can look into they don't have to private rent and throw their money away. 

Just because someone is buying a house at a discount price doesn't mean they don't work their socks off more than the next bloke. The scheme is available to anyone they could do the same and if their parents weren't in a council house in the first place I'm sure they will inherit it should something happened to their parents. They wouldn't have to work for that.

29Solicitors fees when buying a house - Page 2 Empty Re: Solicitors fees when buying a house Fri Feb 05 2016, 11:57

Leeds_Trotter wrote:Life isn't fair. I've worked my socks off to be able to do this. I saved 10k to get a deposit for my first place. But I changed my mind and decided to use this right to buy instead because it was a no brainer. There are shared ownership deals that people can look into they don't have to private rent and throw their money away. 

Just because someone is buying a house at a discount price doesn't mean they don't work their socks off more than the next bloke. The scheme is available to anyone they could do the same and if their parents weren't in a council house in the first place I'm sure they will inherit it should something happened to their parents. They wouldn't have to work for that.

Nobody's arguing that you don't deserve it, this isn't an attack on you or your family.

But the point is there's a shortage of housing in the country, and this policy is making it worse. The government should be focussed on housing the 100,000 children I mentioned previously instead of dismantling social housing. We're the 5th largest economy in the world, it's shameful to have such inequality.

30Solicitors fees when buying a house - Page 2 Empty Re: Solicitors fees when buying a house Fri Feb 05 2016, 12:06

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

bwfc1874 wrote:
Leeds_Trotter wrote:Life isn't fair. I've worked my socks off to be able to do this. I saved 10k to get a deposit for my first place. But I changed my mind and decided to use this right to buy instead because it was a no brainer. There are shared ownership deals that people can look into they don't have to private rent and throw their money away. 

Nobody's arguing that you don't deserve it, this isn't an attack on you or your family.

But the point is there's a shortage of housing in the country, and this policy is making it worse. The government should be focussed on housing the 100,000 children I mentioned previously instead of dismantling social housing. We're the 5th largest economy in the world, it's shameful to have such inequality.
Oh no I know it isn't a personal attack but Nat just tarred everyone with the same brush making out just because someone has the right to buy means they haven't worked their ass off as much as the next guy. 

The country has a lot of troubles but the people who run it be it Labour or Conservative and too worried about that's happening elsewhere in the world. NHS is struggling yet they send money overseas. Yeah they might be in an awful situation but I firmly believe we should be looked after first. As a country we are a joke.

31Solicitors fees when buying a house - Page 2 Empty Re: Solicitors fees when buying a house Fri Feb 05 2016, 12:15

The housing crises has been caused by not building enough houses over the last 20 years, the NHS current crises is because it's being underfunded.

The foreign aid budget has nothing to do with either and the Tories deserve a lot of credit for not cutting it. We're the 5th largest economy in the world, sending money overseas isn't bankrupting us.

32Solicitors fees when buying a house - Page 2 Empty Re: Solicitors fees when buying a house Fri Feb 05 2016, 12:24

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Maybe not but it could be spent on much better things over here. Could build more houses, some of the funding can be put into the NHS. It's is the tax payers money after all. It's like you working hard for your money and buying things for complete strangers who don't have as much as you. There are plenty of people who need help over here and they are the people we should look after first. You can't say that these days though without the PC brigade jumping on you.

33Solicitors fees when buying a house - Page 2 Empty Re: Solicitors fees when buying a house Fri Feb 05 2016, 12:39

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

That sounds like a good deal LT, you'll be quids in, in afew years time.

You'll be able to retire early or buy a football club.

34Solicitors fees when buying a house - Page 2 Empty Re: Solicitors fees when buying a house Fri Feb 05 2016, 13:02

Leeds_Trotter wrote:Maybe not but it could be spent on much better things over here. Could build more houses, some of the funding can be put into the NHS. It's is the tax payers money after all. It's like you working hard for your money and buying things for complete strangers who don't have as much as you. There are plenty of people who need help over here and they are the people we should look after first. You can't say that these days though without the PC brigade jumping on you.

Sadly mate, it's not that straight forward.

We're (quite rightly in my view) tied into oversees aid agreements along with our foreign trading partners.

If Cameron suddenly said "You know what....? We're not doing it any more! Shove it!" it wouldn't go down too well and we'd suffer.

Because everybody else would say "If you're not paying into the overseas aid pot, we're going to think long and hard about how much we trade with you. Why should we pay £3.6 Billion in overseas aid if the UK isn't?"

And because we're a net importer of goods and services and we rely heavily on foreign countries buying our products and expertise, we'd be massively down on the deal and the economy would suffer.

And as 74 says, if the Tories weren't squeezing every last penny out of the NHS and imposing ridiculous KPI targets which look good on paper but put peoples' lives at risk, it'd be a lot healthier and we wouldn't need to worry about foreign aid.

35Solicitors fees when buying a house - Page 2 Empty Re: Solicitors fees when buying a house Fri Feb 05 2016, 13:43

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

There are around 220,000 empty houses in the UK almost entirely made up of unoccupied social housing e.g. current and former council properties.
They could be renovated and put back into use at a fraction of the cost of buying new land and building from scratch and in doing so, slowing down the sprawl of cities into the green belt areas.
Two things prevent this:
The UK Construction industry is heavily geared to new build rather than FM or maintenance and as a powerful lobby can effectively control government policy - so new build is the order of the day as it's the big 20 construction companies that already own the land and they want a return on it.
And many people, despite their straightened circumstances simply aren't prepared to live in areas of deprivation where much of the vacant housing stock is situated. This is exacerbated by local council neglect of "difficult" areas which they tend to use as a tool for social engineering - like the way they reclaimed the prime site of Moss Side (superb infrastructure and only a mile from the city centre) by neglect, moving out the people to Wythenshawe and creating housing for yuppies instead which the long term residents couldn't afford. Compare that to e.g. Ordsall where house prices fell 95% in 3 years trapping owners in negative equity whilst the remaining properties around them were abandoned.

It's a complex problem with political, economic and cultural aspects, but you'd think that if the Government is prepared to continue the new building spiral whilst abandoning assets in certain areas, they should and could introduce an incentive for local people to renovate and improve their local housing stock to help maintain the local economy and prevent enforced migration away from their families and the places they grew up in.

If that's not possible then perhaps measures could be taken to make renting more attractive. We are obsessed with ownership in the UK whereas most countries rent - 70% of French families rent. Housing is a problem but it's a problem we choose to have in this country and we allow successive governments to get away with it so they can please their very rich sponsors.

36Solicitors fees when buying a house - Page 2 Empty Re: Solicitors fees when buying a house Fri Feb 05 2016, 13:48

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Leeds_Trotter wrote:
Life isn't fair. I've worked my socks off to be able to do this. I saved 10k to get a deposit for my first place. But I changed my mind and decided to use this right to buy instead because it was a no brainer. There are shared ownership deals that people can look into they don't have to private rent and throw their money away. 

As 1874 says, this isn't an attack on you. Just the system.

But the fact remains you're benefitting from something that you didn't personally contribute to. That isn't fair and you know it. The system is wrong.

37Solicitors fees when buying a house - Page 2 Empty Re: Solicitors fees when buying a house Fri Feb 05 2016, 13:50

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The system is there to be abused.

38Solicitors fees when buying a house - Page 2 Empty Re: Solicitors fees when buying a house Fri Feb 05 2016, 14:02

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Leeds_Trotter wrote:

As 1874 says, this isn't an attack on you. Just the system.

But the fact remains you're benefitting from something that you didn't personally contribute to. That isn't fair and you know it. The system is wrong.
The system is wrong but the fact that Thatcher bribed the electorate with what effectively amounted to a 50 to 70% discount on property prices is now water under the bridge. That paled into insignificance compared to selling off our oil and gas resources to pay for the unprecedented borrowing she undertook to pay for the excesses of her tenure. 

Unprecedented until this current Government that is.
Nowadays we are borrowing more than ever in our history and getting deeper into debt than ever before just to keep the economy standing still.

Our national debt has trebled since 2005 and doubled since 2010. 

No wonder Tories are saying what a good job Cameron is doing. Nobody dare mention what's really going on and after all on the surface it looks just fine.

39Solicitors fees when buying a house - Page 2 Empty Re: Solicitors fees when buying a house Fri Feb 05 2016, 14:06

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Yeah, it's all Cameron's fault :facepalm:

40Solicitors fees when buying a house - Page 2 Empty Re: Solicitors fees when buying a house Fri Feb 05 2016, 17:34

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Yeah, it's all Cameron's fault 

Finally !

Well done. (At last.)

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum