Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Good food - nice and easy

+6
boltonbonce
Chairmanda
Mr Magoo
Natasha Whittam
Norpig
Bwfc1958
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Good food -  nice and easy  Empty Good food - nice and easy Sun Feb 14 2016, 11:44

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

It seems I'm in a bit of bother. 

Unfortunately, Mrs 58 is out of action for a short while after having an op on a hernia, which leaves me on chef duty. 

The problem I have, is that I'm possibly the shittest cook in the whole world, bar none, so I need some nice, easy recipes I can cook for the family this week. 

Do you have any ideas on what I can make? 

Remember, keep it simple. 

(I'm not a big fan of Thai food either kp tbh, so suggesting I make Dogpu curry or whatever it is you usually eat probably won't happen. I'm not keen on seafood and probably can't afford caviar anyway Manda, so if we can avoid that as well please, cheers.)

2Good food -  nice and easy  Empty Re: Good food - nice and easy Sun Feb 14 2016, 11:52

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

get a slow cooker you can't go wrong. chuck a load of veg and meat in and some stock and you're away  Very Happy

3Good food -  nice and easy  Empty Re: Good food - nice and easy Sun Feb 14 2016, 11:57

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958

Norpig wrote:get a slow cooker you can't go wrong. chuck a load of veg and meat in and some stock and you're away  Very Happy
Thanks Norpig, but I'm not going out buying a slow cooker. It's valentines day today, she's already cost me enough.

4Good food -  nice and easy  Empty Re: Good food - nice and easy Sun Feb 14 2016, 11:58

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You're in your 30's and don't know how to cook? Let me guess, you lived with your mum until you met your wife, then she took over mummy duties.

5Good food -  nice and easy  Empty Re: Good food - nice and easy Sun Feb 14 2016, 12:00

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Get a takeaway job done.

6Good food -  nice and easy  Empty Re: Good food - nice and easy Sun Feb 14 2016, 12:01

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

58, the last of the great lovers  Laughing

7Good food -  nice and easy  Empty Re: Good food - nice and easy Sun Feb 14 2016, 12:15

Chairmanda

Chairmanda
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Chop 1 lb potatoes into 1 inch cubes, boil for 10 mins, drain, return to pan and add one meduim diced onion, and a large tin of corned beef, cubed, with a tablespoon of oil, fry for 3-4 mins, add can of french onion soup, and worcester sauce to taste and simmer till most of the liquid is absorbed. Add salt and pepper to taste. If you are feeling v adventurous, serve with a poached egg and tabasco on top. Takes about 30 mins, is foolproof (don't prove me wrong 58) tasty and quite wholesome. Alternatively, google Jamies 15 min meals, they are (mainly) uber simple. Alternatively again, Just eat will provide...
PS hope mrs 58 feeling much better very soon, all best wishes to her

8Good food -  nice and easy  Empty Re: Good food - nice and easy Sun Feb 14 2016, 12:39

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Old Lane Chippy. Sorted. Very Happy

9Good food -  nice and easy  Empty Re: Good food - nice and easy Sun Feb 14 2016, 13:00

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958

Natasha Whittam wrote:You're in your 30's and don't know how to cook? Let me guess, you lived with your mum until you met your wife, then she took over mummy duties.
She's not actually my wife yet, but you're right, I lived with my mum until I moved in with her when I was 18. 

She does all the cooking and in return I'm an awesome partner, great father and provide amazing sex on a regular basis. 

We're both very lucky people.  Smile

10Good food -  nice and easy  Empty Re: Good food - nice and easy Sun Feb 14 2016, 13:02

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958

Chairmanda wrote:Chop 1 lb potatoes into 1 inch cubes, boil for 10 mins, drain, return to pan and add one meduim diced onion, and a large tin of corned beef, cubed, with a tablespoon of oil, fry for 3-4 mins, add can of french onion soup, and worcester sauce to taste and simmer till most of the liquid is absorbed. Add salt and pepper to taste. If you are feeling v adventurous, serve with a poached egg and tabasco on top. Takes about 30 mins, is foolproof (don't prove me wrong 58) tasty and quite wholesome. Alternatively, google Jamies 15 min meals, they are (mainly) uber simple. Alternatively again, Just eat will provide...
PS hope mrs 58 feeling much better very soon, all best wishes to her
Thanks for the suggestion and the good wishes mand. I hope she's better soon as well. There's only so many tins of tomatoes I can feed them before they get bored of them.  Very Happy

11Good food -  nice and easy  Empty Re: Good food - nice and easy Sun Feb 14 2016, 13:03

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958

boltonbonce wrote:Old Lane Chippy. Sorted. Very Happy
affraid :sick:

12Good food -  nice and easy  Empty Re: Good food - nice and easy Sun Feb 14 2016, 13:06

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Spaghetti Bolognaise is easy to do.

You can do it by simply boiling up some of those long spaghetti stands you buy in a packet, whilst at the same time frying up some mincemeat until it goes brown and putting in a tin of your tomatoes once it has.

Buy some garlic bread (or dough balls) and a bottle of red wine (or whatever you prefer) and you've cracked it.  The kids usually love spaghetti so no need to cook them something different either.

It's a fairly cheap meal so better to cook to much than to little if you are unsure of the portion sizes.

If you want easier still, then just buy some of those packets of stuffed Italian pasta shells and a big jar of Italian sauce and simply heat them both up in a sauce pan.

Arrivederci!

PS hope Mrs 58 is soon better.

13Good food -  nice and easy  Empty Re: Good food - nice and easy Sun Feb 14 2016, 13:11

Chop one large onion and fry it with as little oil as you can get away with in a pan.

When the onion starts to soften, chop some mushrooms and add them to the pan.

When both have started to brown slightly, take off the heat and transfer them to a dish.

Stick some minced beef into the pan you've just used (no oil) and brown it off.

Stick the onions and mushrooms back in the pan with the mince and stir through.

Add some gravy granules and a bit of boiling water to create some liquid in your mix. Start off with just a bit of water and keep it quite thick. You can always add more water if it's too thick but you can't take it out, hence why you only add a bit at first.

Transfer your mix to an oven-proof dish and let it stand for about 10 minutes.

Get your packet of ready to roll puff pastry, which you bought in Tesco with the other ingredients earlier and which has been resting at room temperature for about an hour and roll it out so that it's big enough to cover the top of the dish.

Glaze the top with a mix of beaten egg and milk.

Stick it in the oven at about 180 for fifteen minutes or until the pastry's puffed up and gone golden and you've got yourself a dead easy and filling pie which is tastes great.

Serve with mashed spuds and peas.

14Good food -  nice and easy  Empty Re: Good food - nice and easy Sun Feb 14 2016, 13:16

Sluffy wrote:Spaghetti Bolognaise is easy to do.

You can do it by simply boiling up some of those long spaghetti stands you buy in a packet, whilst at the same time frying up some mincemeat until it goes brown and putting in a tin of your tomatoes once it has.

...and that's how you make an already bland meal even blander....

Herbs?

Seasoning....?

Very Happy

15Good food -  nice and easy  Empty Re: Good food - nice and easy Sun Feb 14 2016, 13:20

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Breadman wrote:
Sluffy wrote:Spaghetti Bolognaise is easy to do.

...and that's how you make an already bland meal even blander....

Herbs?

Seasoning....?

Very Happy

Tomato Sauce of course - did I really need to mention it!

16Good food -  nice and easy  Empty Re: Good food - nice and easy Sun Feb 14 2016, 13:47

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bwfc1958 wrote:(I'm not a big fan of Thai food either kp tbh, so suggesting I make Dogpu curry or whatever it is you usually eat probably won't happen.)
Dogpu curry? :rofl:

I don't blame you or anyone else for that matter who doesn't like Thai food due to the unauthentic shit restaurants serve up and down the country here plus the ready meals they proclaim to be authentic! Very Happy

How did your Mrs get a hernia? Have you both been doing the bedroom sports again? Very Happy

17Good food -  nice and easy  Empty Re: Good food - nice and easy Sun Feb 14 2016, 16:05

Fabians Right Peg

Fabians Right Peg
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Meatballs are pretty easy,

Peel some spuds chop and boil in a pan of water for about 30 mins to make some mash.

While pots are on mix 450g of lambs mince, an egg, Cup of bread crumbs (2 day old bread blitz it to make crumb), with a few mixed herbs then roll into about a dozen equally sized balls, stick in the oven for 20 mins on a greased grill pan 200 degrees c.

Stick some onions in a pan with a bit of oil and soften then cover to sweat off for about 5 mins, make a bit of instant gravy and mix with the onions.

Mash the spuds, stick the meatballs on the plate and serve the onion gravy, nice to add a few garden peas stick 'em on at the same time as the gravy.

18Good food -  nice and easy  Empty Re: Good food - nice and easy Sun Feb 14 2016, 16:08

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Just open a tin. Fusspots. Neutral

19Good food -  nice and easy  Empty Re: Good food - nice and easy Sun Feb 14 2016, 16:45

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Chicken nuggets, chips and beans (optional tinned toms).

Chicken Kiev with mash and peas.

Bangers and mash with either beans, gravy or both.

Pork chop, mini roast potatoes and peas.

That's 4 easy ideas for you 58! Very Happy

20Good food -  nice and easy  Empty Re: Good food - nice and easy Sun Feb 14 2016, 16:53

Cook some pasta.

Drain water.

Add butter.

Add a tin of tuna and some mayonnaise.

Mix together.

Put in a dish.

Sprinkle cheese on the top.

Put under grill for 10 minutes.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum: