Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Why would a 75 year old Egyptian billionaire banker want to buy Bolton?

+13
Fabians Right Peg
doffcocker
terenceanne
Hipster_Nebula
FullofSprite
Norpig
CAMPO
JAH
Boggersbelief
scottjames30
BoltonTillIDie
MartinBWFC
Sluffy
17 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

If he really is interested in buying the club there must be some reason for him to do so - but what?

He doesn't seem to have any connections with Bolton, nor football and in his mid seventies can't see this as a long term project for himself to be involved in.

The Kenyon link maybe / maybe not relevant - at least he does have a history in this area and in football.

All very curious but better hopefully there is something in this as its got to be better than us bumming around the lower divisions whilst some local 'businessmen' play out their childhood dream of playing God at the club.

Why do you think Roger wants to buy us?

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Sluffy wrote:If he really is interested in buying the club there must be some reason for him to do so - but what?

He doesn't seem to have any connections with Bolton, nor football and in his mid seventies can't see this as a long term project for himself to be involved in.

The Kenyon link maybe / maybe not relevant - at least he does have a history in this area and in football.

All very curious but better hopefully there is something in this as its got to be better than us bumming around the lower divisions whilst some local 'businessmen' play out their childhood dream of playing God at the club.

Money laundering, can't be any other reason, but so what?

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He wants to make us Champions of Europe.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bolton are a big club, with loads of history, he might use it as a project to see how far he can build it.

If he spends 50 Million to get us into the premier league, then it's worth 120 Million a season.

It's a nice stadium, and he's probably thinking, wtf we are doing heading into league 1.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He's shagging some tart from little hulton

JAH

JAH
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Wonder what the stand point will be IF he turns out to be the money behind the ST? I guess he will be demonised very quickly be some. It would make for some interesting discussions.

CAMPO

CAMPO
Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

Sluffy wrote:If he really is interested in buying the club there must be some reason for him to do so - but what?

Perhaps some one has pointed out to him that if he comes in with some loose change £20mill, (for him)and backs up some "local businessmen playing god" who've all ready got the backing of 6000 genuine fans, he could turn his £20mill into £200mill in no time at all.
Then again it might just be another conspiracy! or just bullshit from the devil 'Iles'

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i don't really care why he wants to, just please get on with it

CAMPO wrote:

Then again it might just be another conspiracy! or just bullshit from the devil 'Iles'

The story didn't come from Iles and, in fact, he got quite sniffy and dismissive when it was broken by another journalist on his own paper.

Hence why I believe it may be true.

And as for "what's in it for Tamraz?", his own representative has said he's looking for an "in" to the UK energy market and it looks like we're it.

If it comes off we'll no doubt be playing at the Tamraz Stadium next season in shirts sponsored by Net Oil.

It's all about creating confidence and establishing a profile in the UK.

So if he wants to succeed, he needs to ensure that the club does too.

This could be very good news for us.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He wants to rename it the Tamoil stadium

FullofSprite

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Greater Manchester is a [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] in [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], with a population of [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] It encompasses one of the largest [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] in the United Kingdom and is the 2nd most populous area in the country(Wiki).Yet it only has two big city clubs City and Utd.

In London you have 3 possibly 4 big clubs, which are Arsenal, Spurs, Chelsea and possibly West ham. In the Midlands you have Wolves, Villa, Birmingham, Nottingham Forest, Leicester, Coventry.

So perhaps he thinks there should be a third big club in Greater Manchester. We are competing with Wigan and to a lesser extent Oldham, Stockport and possibly Salford for that mantle. 

Perhaps he is a secret Bolton Wanderers fan and he admired Nat Lofthouse. Or is it because he is supposedly the uncle of Tamir Cohen a former player.

I'm sure if he wins it, you can ask him that question.

However with embezzlement charges surrounding him and Peter Kenyon as his assistant who has also had questions about him from FA charges _ I'm not sure they'll pass the fit and proper persons test.

I don't think the Supporters Trust will necessarily win it at this stage as it is a lot of if's, but's and maybe's and then there is Deano's lot, and the Koreans. Now that Phil Gartside is out the way the Thais might come back in, if the disagreement was all about PG staying on the board as was the suggestion given at the time.

We will see. Like everyone I want a resolution quickly

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think the truth is he probably doesn't.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:I think the truth is he probably doesn't.

Then why will he be made the preferred bidder this week?

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

It's just a toy ..... something to put his name on and be seen on the tele sitting in the stands. If there are business reason like an entry into the UK or a tax fiddle ..... whatever it is I don't care as long as he saves the club. Pocket change to this guy will put us in a good position...at least financially.

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Clearly just bored of pyramids and camels and stuff and fancies a new life in Bolton. Makes perfect sense.

Fabians Right Peg

Fabians Right Peg
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I think it is a set up by the press given the numerous inevitable puns that will come from us possibly being sponsored by a company called Tamoil.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Iles suggesting that he knows one consortium have already been through due diligence (sports shield). Whos to say Tamraz hasn't done the same, takeover could be sooner than we expected

Just been reading Iles tweets from today he should start every tweet with the words "I know absolutely nothing but I think..........."

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Rog has been given the green light. Premier league here we come

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:Rog has been given the green light. Premier league here we come

Lennon must be wetting his knickers.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum