Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Billionaire walks in - Lennon in or out?

+10
Leeds_Trotter
Natasha Whittam
Bollotom2014
Norpig
terenceanne
Numpty 28723
MartinBWFC
Sluffy
Boggersbelief
doffcocker
14 posters

Reply to topic

Should he stay or should he go now? (The Clash)

Billionaire walks in - Lennon in or out? Vote_lcap63%Billionaire walks in - Lennon in or out? Vote_rcap 63% [ 12 ]
Billionaire walks in - Lennon in or out? Vote_lcap21%Billionaire walks in - Lennon in or out? Vote_rcap 21% [ 4 ]
Billionaire walks in - Lennon in or out? Vote_lcap16%Billionaire walks in - Lennon in or out? Vote_rcap 16% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 19

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I've heard a lot of fans suggesting that Lennon ought to be shitting himself over the potential takeover by a billionaire.

Is this fair?

For me the most solid argument for getting rid at that stage would be just to have a completely fresh start. New ownership, new management, a whole set of new faces to symbolise a new beginning for the club. And I think anybody with that mentality might just be getting too excited about what this possible takeover would mean.

One thing I think we all agree on is that Lennon hasn't found any diamonds in the rough in terms of signings. Davies has paid peanuts, and Lennon has bought monkeys. It's disappointing that he hasn't struck gold with anybody, but would it be harsh to judge his ability to spot a player based on this one season? With any manager forced to dig through the lower leagues, you have to allow a few piles of turd for every one speck of gold anyway surely.

Honest question, are you simply not prepared to forgive Lennon this season - I mean it's not like we've had a lot going on or anything - and not at all willing to see what he could produce under a whole set of different circumstances?

Last edited by doffcocker on Thu Feb 18 2016, 15:05; edited 1 time in total

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'd keep him, he's been dealt a terrible hand, even mourinho would have struggled.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Poll added.

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Ok I'll play, if he's given the green light and signs a few loanees, and if he can get the team playing to a decent standard with better players thus avoiding relegation, then I will hold my hands up and say I was wrong, I won't hold my breath though.

Numpty 28723

Numpty 28723
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Personally, I'd say because of the circumstances he's been working under it would be fair to give him a chance under a new regime.

However, Mr Billionaire guy coming in who hasn't got a clue about football might just assume he's one of the ball-boys anyway or even decide to play him in goal.

Tough one.

I fully agree that he's had to try and operate under awful restrictions but......

.....some of his decision making has been very poor and he's looked clueless at times.

But that might be down to his being fed up of the whole mess he got conned into joining, so I think it's hard to make a solid assessment of his tenure because I don't think we've seen what he could achieve with even average players - ours are well below average in the main, hence all the individual errors which have cost us this season.

If someone held a gun to my head and made me choose, I'd probably give him another season with a bit of cash to spend on players he actually wants, as opposed to the cheap shite he's had to work with.

So for me, it's this:

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Didn't he bring ALF in last season .....if we had him now we would not be at the bottom of the league today....IMO
Unless we suddenly come into millions to spend I think we will be lucky to find loanees etc to help us this season.  If every player Neil originally wanted this year was here then we could judge accordingly. Muhrino couldn't get it done with hundreds of million of talent. Let alone our shower.
So in short I'd give Neil another season.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I don't understand why everyone wacks off over Adam Le Fondre. Average Champ striker who has got less goals this season than Madine

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:I don't understand why everyone wacks off over Adam Le Fondre. Average Champ striker who has got less goals this season than Madine
 if he was playing for us this season instead of Madine i would guarantee he would have scored more goals than Madine

A much better striker as he proved with us last season

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He's better than, granted. But he's still pretty average

Bollotom2014

Bollotom2014
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

If they terminate his contract he'll be in line for a big payoff which will be nice. I would imagine  future employers will understand he wasn't allowed to fulfil his true potential because his hands were tied.

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I suspect LeFondre is a lot like Juke.

Excellent for us, but it's one thing having an impact on loan for a few months and another signing a long term contract and playing consistently.

It had to be worth gambling on him on the summer though, even without the benefit of hindsight.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i've said this before Lennon comes up trumps whatever happens. If he gets sacked he can blame the lack of money and all the takeover business and if he manages somehow to avoid relegation he will be seen as a miracle worker.

For what its worth i don't think he will stay after this season whatever happens. Would i like him to stay? I'm not sure whether i would trust him with real money to spend

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He's signed shit player after shit player. Clueless.

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

In let's not forget Lennon also wanted to sign Hooper. But money stopped us from doing so now Hooper is on a right goal streak

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

New poll? Holdsworth's posse walks in...

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Whomever takes over I would urge them to keep Neil for at least one full season more. Give him the summer window and some real money to buy and pay the players he actually wants and see what he can do with them. Personally I think that we'll perform better with the current squad if a takeover happens regardless just because the uncertainty will be over. Add to that the fact that there is still plenty of time and plenty of points to play for so relegation is not necessarily certain. I felt our performance against Brighton deserved a point at least and we were unlucky not to get it. Add in the comeback against Wolves and the win against Rotherham and I would say the spirit has improved in the last few weeks to the point that I actually feel some hope for the first time since early November. I just hope for all our sakes that the deal really is going to be done by Friday and this isn't yet another false dawn.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Billionaire walks in.. haha.

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Due credit to the SS consortium. They've stayed the course, so obviously know what is expected, and being scrutinised by ED for al this time would have shown up any real nasty's I suppose. Not only that,  the sale of Euxton is giving us the breathing space we need to avoid administration. I think there is a glimmer of hope for the rest of the season, but I still have to wonder why ED has pissed about like he has.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum