Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Are Americans dickwads?

+4
okocha
Natasha Whittam
Leeds_Trotter
doffcocker
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Are Americans dickwads? Empty Are Americans dickwads? Mon 22 Feb - 4:38

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I've never been to America, but I have used a number of forums now for technical advice, reviews, that kind of thing, highly populated by our transatlantic cousins. And let's just say I've personally come across some characters that make Whittam sound like Lorraine Kelly.

I joined this one forum not long ago to ask for some tips on how to fix my DVD player that was acting funny at the time. It turned out it was a US based site, and from the responses I got, anybody would think I was asking how to put together an atomic bomb.

Is this your perception of Americans compared to Brits? Have you been to America and found that they're absolute arseholes, or even that they're exactly the same as us? Be honest, do you have an opinion on the Americans as a race, and if so, what is it?

2Are Americans dickwads? Empty Re: Are Americans dickwads? Mon 22 Feb - 6:54

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

You can't put them all in the same category in my opinion. There are arseholes over here but it doesn't mean we all are arseholes. There obviously will be more arseholes there than over here due to them having a bigger population. In conclusion, no all of them are arseholes but some are.

3Are Americans dickwads? Empty Re: Are Americans dickwads? Mon 22 Feb - 8:01

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:Have you been to America and found that they're absolute arseholes, or even that they're exactly the same as us? Be honest, do you have an opinion on the Americans as a race, and if so, what is it?

Ironic. One of the UK's biggest arseholes asking if the Americans are arseholes.

4Are Americans dickwads? Empty Re: Are Americans dickwads? Mon 22 Feb - 8:05

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Natasha Whittam wrote:
doffcocker wrote:Have you been to America and found that they're absolute arseholes, or even that they're exactly the same as us? Be honest, do you have an opinion on the Americans as a race, and if so, what is it?

Ironic. One of the UK's biggest arseholes asking if the Americans are arseholes.
Word on the street is that you have a big arsehole, you so seem to talk through it alot.

5Are Americans dickwads? Empty Re: Are Americans dickwads? Mon 22 Feb - 10:32

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Love America. The only generalisation I would make is that New Yorkers seem different from the rest in terms of brashness, but of course there will be huge numbers of shy introverts too, just as there are everywhere. 
Have to say I loved Canada more though.

Americans appear to be very disgruntled with the establishment and with politicians.....which is the only explanation for the successes of Trump. This general dissatisfaction is mirrored by our own sense of frustration and dismay over the antics of Britain's establishment at present.

6Are Americans dickwads? Empty Re: Are Americans dickwads? Mon 22 Feb - 13:09

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I've always found them to be friendly people, both over here and in the States, regardless of colour, or creed.
I've found that they like to over-explain everything, and love to make words up if they cant think of the right one.
The Yanks are ok, and if you were to work with them, as I have, you will see that they are quite normal, and have both good and bad, as do we. the only problem is that they are louder than us, so anyone who is a bit different, stands out.

7Are Americans dickwads? Empty Re: Are Americans dickwads? Mon 22 Feb - 13:24

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I've been to New York only once.

Needing directions,I headed for a nearby Police Officer,who bellowed "What am I,a road map?'

8Are Americans dickwads? Empty Re: Are Americans dickwads? Mon 22 Feb - 14:33

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

'Great American Railway Journeys' on BBC2 has been very enjoyable. Catch the episodes on the iPlayer.

9Are Americans dickwads? Empty Re: Are Americans dickwads? Mon 22 Feb - 14:53

Bollotom2014

Bollotom2014
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

We get quite a lot of exchange officers and in the Norfolk area is one of the largest airbases outside the US, Mildenhall/Lakenheath. It is true to say that the number of arseholes in a US group is probably the equivalent of the number of arseholes in a UK group. I find them generally okay, knowledgeable and very friendly. But you know what they say about us and them. Two peoples separated by a common language.

10Are Americans dickwads? Empty Re: Are Americans dickwads? Mon 22 Feb - 16:33

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If they end up electing Trump then the answer is yes.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum