Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

38,000 Americans want Piers Morgan deported from the USA

+2
Natasha Whittam
BoltonTillIDie
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

As it stands 38000 have signed an offical petition asking for Piers Morgan to be deported!

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/deport-british-citizen-piers-morgan-attacking-2nd-amendment/prfh5zHD

Thousands of Americans have signed a petition calling for British CNN host Piers Morgan to be deported over his criticism of the country's gun laws.

By noon on Christmas Eve, the petition - which is posted on the White House website - had garnered more than 31,000 signatures, surpassing the 25,000 required to get a response from the US government.

Mr Morgan tweeted about the petition: "If I do get deported from America for wanting fewer gun murders, are there any other countries that will have me?"

The outspoken former Daily Mirror editor has called for tighter gun control measures in the wake of the December 14 massacre at Sandy Hook elementary school in Newtown, Connecticut.

On Tuesday, he interviewed Gun Owners of America executive director Larry Pratt, and appeared incredulous when Mr Pratt suggested more weapons were a credible solution.

"You're an unbelievably stupid man, aren't you?" Morgan asked during the heated debate.

"You have absolutely no coherent argument. You don't actually give a damn about the gun murder rate in America."

Following the interview, a Texas journalist posted a petition on the White House website alleging Morgan "is engaged in a hostile attack against the US Constitution by targeting the Second Amendment".

"We demand that Mr Morgan be deported immediately for his effort to undermine the Bill of Rights and for exploiting his position as a national network television host to stage attacks against the rights of American citizens," the petition says.

Many Americans follow a literal interpretation of the Second Amendment, which enshrines the "right to bear arms" in the US Constitution.

Mr Morgan insists America can outlaw military-style assault weapons and high-capacity magazines without infringing on people's constitutional rights, and says he has no quarrel with the Second Amendment.

A defiant Mr Morgan refused to back down from his position.

"Ironic US gun rights campaign to deport me for 'attacking Second Amendment rights' - is my opinion not protected under 1st Amendment rights?" he posted earlier on his Twitter feed, referring to freedom of speech provisions.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I can't stand Morgan, but fair play to him on this one for saying his bit and not backing down.

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

I suspect the 38,000 may not be the majority.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think you are right...

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

38.000 isn't exactly a lot in terms of the amount of people who live throughout the whole of America.

I'm no fan of the guy but I can't argue on some of the points he makes about gun laws, though I can't say i'm surprised the americans are overly happy about some arrogant twat from england telling them how to run their country.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I don't particularly like Morgan because he always seems to come across as a smug prick but credit where it is due on this occasion. He is quite right in what he said. The NRA keep hiding behind ' the right to bear arms ' while innocent people are shot dead on a daily basis.

In tonight's news some loony toon has killed a cop and four firemen after starting a massive fire. The repeal of US Gun laws will only be achieved by the will of the people and not by statute.

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Only 38,000????

Blimey there atre mnay more of us Brits who want to keep him in the US, and we are a smaller populated nation!!!

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc71 wrote:Only 38,000????

Blimey there atre mnay more of us Brits who want to keep him in the US, and we are a smaller populated nation!!!

Good point. He is probably better off staying over there where he can do more damage. Plus he is a Gooner. The Yanks wouldn't have a clue what a Gooner is.

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

As the sad person I am I calculated against the current approximate population, the 38,000 who want him out make up 0.012064% of the US population!!! And that made the news???

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

A southern California man was put under 72-hour psychiatric observation when it was found that he owned 100 guns and allegedly had 1 million rounds of ammunition stored in his home. The house also featured a secret escape tunnel.

By southern California standards he’s called "mentally unstable. If he lived elsewhere:

In Arizona. . . he'd be called "an avid gun collector."

In Texas. . . . he'd be called "a novice gun collector."

In Utah . .. .he'd be called "moderately well prepared," but they'd probably reserve judgment until they made sure that he had a corresponding quantity of stored food.

In Montana . . . .he'd be called "The neighborhood 'Go-To' guy."

In Idaho . . . he'd be called "a likely gubernatorial candidate."

In Washington ……he'd be a "retired Policeman"

And, in Wyoming . . . he'd be called "an eligible bachelor."

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum