Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Eddie Davies to become club president

+11
scottjames30
Boggersbelief
gloswhite
okocha
rammywhite
observer
karlypants
boltonbonce
Norpig
Hipster_Nebula
Sluffy
15 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Eddie Davies to become club president Empty Eddie Davies to become club president Mon Feb 22 2016, 12:48

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

“We have saved BWFC and It’s in good hands.” - says Eddie Davies, new club president. Make of that what you will...

Tweet by Iles just now.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Deary me

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Deary me
seconded

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

To be honest I feel a great deal more confident of the future with a respected private equity businessman involved with the club (assuming it is the same Bruce Gordon).

I couldn't see much other than asset stripping from just Holdsworth, grovelling in division four with the ST and I couldn't take the Egypt billionaire bid seriously - it just made no sense to me.

The equity company is there to make money, so I guess their aim is to finance us to turn our ship around, then sell it for a big profit once it has done so.

Good luck to them too if that is the plan.

As for Eddie, he bought us when no one else would, probably made money on us and sold when he wanted to get out - so fair play to him.

As for club president, well we all know the continuing abuse he will get for that but he did save us when he first bought the club and whether he got lucky or simply drove a hard bargain enough to result in a private equity company to get involved, the end result was that he probably saved us a second time by getting the club in the hands of somebody who will invest in us and take us forward.

I actually think that does deserve a bit of recognition but I'm sure I will once again be a lone voice on this.

President is just an honourary title, doesn't mean anything in the great scheme of things.

Last seen running down a beach in Barbados laughing like a maniac and shouting "Viva meeeeeee!!"

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by Breadman on Mon Feb 22 2016, 13:19; edited 1 time in total

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

WE have saved BWFC? Davies very nearly put us into administration  Mad

Breadman wrote:Last seen running down a beach in Barbados laughing like a maniac and shouting "Viva me!!"

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
:rofl:

As Mr Pig has already observed, it's a bit rich to start claiming now that he's saved the club, given that it was his piss poor decision making and (now) obvious ego that got us in this mess.

If you attacked your neighbour with an axe, chopping his arms and legs off, and then drove him to hospital, would you expect his wife to bake you a cake?

Breadman wrote:As Mr Pig has already observed, it's a bit rich to start claiming now that he's saved the club, given that it was his piss poor decision making and (now) obvious ego that got us in this mess.

If you attacked your neighbour with an axe, chopping his arms and legs off, and then drove him to hospital, would you expect his wife to bake you a cake?
yes?  i like cake!

Breadman wrote:As Mr Pig has already observed, it's a bit rich to start claiming now that he's saved the club, given that it was his piss poor decision making and (now) obvious ego that got us in this mess.

Well he's not going to bloody drive himself, so yes.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

She might at least sell you his shoes and gloves.

You lot are deliberately not taking this seriously, are you....?

The cake is allegorical and there are no gloves or shoes.

Nor is his lawnmower up for grabs and his car isn't for sale at a knockdown price !

Children, the lot of you.......

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

:rofl:

allegorical?

cakes cake!!!!

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I hope he has a ride-on, I have no lawn or garden for that matter, just always wanted a go on one of them!

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

no statement from the ST yet, wonder what they think about all this?

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

One additional caveat... ED joins Nuts as a moderator and holds title of honorary Nut!

observer wrote:One additional caveat... ED joins Nuts as a moderator and holds title of honorary Nut!
Whittam is ED, have you ever seen them both in the same place at the same time?

Norpig wrote:no statement from the ST yet, wonder what they think about all this?

They'll think whatever ED tells 'em to......

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum