Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Eddie Davies to become club president

+11
scottjames30
Boggersbelief
gloswhite
okocha
rammywhite
observer
karlypants
boltonbonce
Norpig
Hipster_Nebula
Sluffy
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

MartinBWFC wrote:Think Lennon will be shitting himself.

Reported that Linsey Dawn McKenzie being lined up to take over from Lennon.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Phil Browns last game in charge at Southend tonight

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:

the players will love being pulled off at half time

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:

the players will love being pulled off at half time
Might see if I can join the team for some "training"! Laughing

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Brings new meaning to 'hands-on management'

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

People soon forgot the amazing ride we had under Eddie, breathtaking at times, basically born of frustration the fans turned and he lost a lot of trust, he said that he wanted to ensure that the club had a future and would only sell to someone who met that criteria, so if this deal achieves that then i say President Davies judged on his entire tenure was deserved.

Its human behaviour to shoot from the hip without knowing the facts, the lack of transparency brought the worst out of the fans not only with ED but with Gartside to. But tonight lets celebrate the fact that we are not in administration and potentially have a new owner with links to the club.

Hopefully we have bottomed out and we can start to rebuild.

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

wessy wrote:People soon forgot the amazing ride we had under Eddie, breathtaking at times, basically born of frustration the fans turned and he lost a lot of trust, he said that he wanted to ensure that the club had a future and would only sell to someone who met that criteria, so if this deal achieves that then i say President Davies judged on his entire tenure was deserved.

Its human behaviour to shoot from the hip without knowing the facts, the lack of transparency brought the worst out of the fans not only with ED but with Gartside to. But tonight lets celebrate the fact that we are not in administration and potentially have a new owner with links to the club.

Hopefully we have bottomed out and we can start to rebuild.

I'll second that,Wessy

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Fair comment that Wessy. Smile

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I think it's a good move tbh. Eddie has behaved a bit prattishly over the last few months but overall I think he brought some amazing times to our club. Did anyone really think we'd see a World Cup Winner in a Bolton shirt? Or the likes of Campo, Hierro, Jay Jay, Stelios et al? 

How about having Arsene Wenger chucking his tie onto our pitch because we kept tackling his players and beating Arse(wipe)nal? Or Fergie's nose getting redder than his player's shirts when Michael Ricketts slammed home a winner at OT?

It's been a hell of a ride with some really bad downs to be sure but there were a LOT of awesome ups even without the European adventures. Overall Eddie bankrolled some of the greatest days to be a Trotter ever and giving him the purely symbolic title of President is fine by me. He's earned that much from the club.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

luckyPeterpiper wrote:I think it's a good move tbh. Eddie has behaved a bit prattishly over the last few months but overall I think he brought some amazing times to our club. Did anyone really think we'd see a World Cup Winner in a Bolton shirt? Or the likes of Campo, Hierro, Jay Jay, Stelios et al? 

How about having Arsene Wenger chucking his tie onto our pitch because we kept tackling his players and beating Arse(wipe)nal? Or Fergie's nose getting redder than his player's shirts when Michael Ricketts slammed home a winner at OT?

It's been a hell of a ride with some really bad downs to be sure but there were a LOT of awesome ups even without the European adventures. Overall Eddie bankrolled some of the greatest days to be a Trotter ever and giving him the purely symbolic title of President is fine by me. He's earned that much from the club.

Some of us had already seen a World Cup winner in a Bolton shirt long before Davies came on the scene.

We even had a Champion League winner (or the equivalent back in those days) who scored a goal in the final, playing in a Bolton shirt pre-Davies too.

And if you wanted entertainment on the pitch we had the man who failed his medical for Liverpool because he had VD (STD's they are called these days) apparently!

You youngsters know nothing!

Very Happy

I've sussed Roger Hunt and Chin Neal, but I'm struggling with the VD one.

Gizza clue......?

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Big Elvis fan.

Does that help?

PS there is also a second Champions League winner who scored a goal in the final who played for Bolton plus a man who captained two winning Champion League sides.

I was going to take a stab at Worthy but it seemed too obvious...... Very Happy

I'm off for a good think about the others and I swear I won't cheat.

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I'm 46 and thought Phil Neal managed us but didn't know he'd played for us. And Roger Hunt, I must have been a toddler then 'cos he was part of the England '66 side wasn't he? Frank Worthington was my first real hero for us, the guy was so much larger than life on and off the field. Smile

But my point still stands. Did any of us, most especially the older posters who went through the 80's really believe we'd have a side like we did from the White Hot Years through to '07/08? 

When Aldershot were kicking our butts and sending us to Div 4 what would you have given for a team with Hierro, Campo, Okocha and Stelios all in it at the same time then? Not to mention the great Jussi, the mega Kev's Nolan and Davies, the Super John McGinlay, Nathan Blake, even Michael Ricketts before his head got so big? 

Let's get real for just one second here, I pay into Lifeline still like others on here and if someone had told me in 1986 we'd have had this ride through the 90's and most of the 00's I'd have called them even more Nuts than this forum because I wouldn't have dreamed it was possible. 

I've said before Ed's no saint, no philanthropist but there's no question his money brought some damned good times to this club and I don't think we should forget that now just because he decided he'd had enough of losing what cash he has left. 

So for me I'd say make him President of the Club, I think he earned that and it's only a symbolic role anyway with no real power so what's the harm in it?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum