Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton 1-2 Burnley

+17
Banks of the Croal
Fabians Right Peg
doffcocker
luckyPeterpiper
Leeds_Trotter
karlypants
Copper Dragon
terenceanne
Norpig
Bwfc1958
rammywhite
wanderlust
Natasha Whittam
scottjames30
Boggersbelief
Sluffy
MartinBWFC
21 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 5]

21Bolton 1-2 Burnley - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 1-2 Burnley Thu Feb 25 2016, 10:54

Easy win

22Bolton 1-2 Burnley - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 1-2 Burnley Thu Feb 25 2016, 11:31

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ref watch: Stephen Martin in the middle for Burnley visit

Stephen Martin will oversee Wanderers' Sky Bet Championship clash with Burnley on Saturday.

The Staffordshire-based official will be taking charge of his third Whites match in total, having most recently run the rule over Bolton's home meeting with Middlesbrough last season in August 2014.

A Football League regular since the 2012/13 season, Mr Martin has overseen 25 matches so far this campaign, dishing out 61 yellow cards and four red cards.

Glen Hart and Christopher Akers will run the line, while Peter Bankes is the fourth official.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

23Bolton 1-2 Burnley - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 1-2 Burnley Thu Feb 25 2016, 11:38

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

3 for them 0 for us.

24Bolton 1-2 Burnley - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 1-2 Burnley Thu Feb 25 2016, 20:56

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Home game, big local derby. I predict a 1-0 win to us a la Blackburn. Might not be a pretty match to watch but I do feel some optimism. Despite the loss the other night to Brum I believe the players are showing much more fight and spirit than they were pre-Christmas and that things are slightly better than they were. I'm not proclaiming a new golden dawn or anything, I just feel we're going to grab the three points.

25Bolton 1-2 Burnley - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 1-2 Burnley Fri Feb 26 2016, 00:21

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

wanderlust wrote:Are you saying that there's ticket restriction for away fans despite our financial situation Stan?
Or is there just 100 left?

That's exactly the word I've missed out in my sentence Wanderlust, 'left'.

I'm quite surprised we've sold that many considering the price. It seems that not all Burnley fans are as principled as I am.  Very Happy

26Bolton 1-2 Burnley - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 1-2 Burnley Fri Feb 26 2016, 11:29

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Burnley are probably the most consistent, solid team in the league. We're obviously consistent too just in different ways.

Nothing to fear here...

Wanderers 0 - 3 Burnley

27Bolton 1-2 Burnley - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 1-2 Burnley Fri Feb 26 2016, 11:56

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

One thing I've noticed is we do much better when we're live on TV. We're on Sky tonight and that's why I'm predicting a win, maybe an ugly win but a win nonetheless.

28Bolton 1-2 Burnley - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 1-2 Burnley Fri Feb 26 2016, 11:59

luckyPeterpiper wrote:One thing I've noticed is we do much better when we're live on TV. We're on Sky tonight and that's why I'm predicting a win, maybe an ugly win but a win nonetheless.
Not according to sky

29Bolton 1-2 Burnley - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 1-2 Burnley Fri Feb 26 2016, 12:26

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Press Conference:

30Bolton 1-2 Burnley - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 1-2 Burnley Fri Feb 26 2016, 12:30

Fabians Right Peg

Fabians Right Peg
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

not looking forward to having the piss ripped out of us by their away fans, but got a bad feeling about this one. suspect they will win by a couple 1-3

31Bolton 1-2 Burnley - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 1-2 Burnley Fri Feb 26 2016, 12:37

y2johnny wrote:
luckyPeterpiper wrote:One thing I've noticed is we do much better when we're live on TV. We're on Sky tonight and that's why I'm predicting a win, maybe an ugly win but a win nonetheless.
Not according to sky

Pete's obviously a closet Sheff Wednesday fan.

And when he refers to the love of his life, "Wendy"......we now know who he's talking about.

A clever code, but not quite clever enough.....

Ban him.

32Bolton 1-2 Burnley - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 1-2 Burnley Fri Feb 26 2016, 12:40

i did have to check and already told my missus she'd be getting the lad to bed tonight before i did!

33Bolton 1-2 Burnley - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 1-2 Burnley Fri Feb 26 2016, 12:43

I could actually blag Mrs B and tell her it's us on TV and she'd never know because she really has absolutely no interest in football.

Unless whichever team I'd pretended was us scored, then she might get suspicious and start asking questions.

34Bolton 1-2 Burnley - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 1-2 Burnley Fri Feb 26 2016, 12:50

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I guarantee you we won't lose tonight.

35Bolton 1-2 Burnley - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 1-2 Burnley Fri Feb 26 2016, 13:25

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Copper Dragon wrote:
wanderlust wrote:Are you saying that there's ticket restriction for away fans despite our financial situation Stan?
Or is there just 100 left?

That's exactly the word I've missed out in my sentence Wanderlust, 'left'.

I'm quite surprised we've sold that many considering the price. It seems that not all Burnley fans are as principled as I am.  Very Happy

According to the Burnley site, tickets are only available in the lower tier.

Is this another Huddersfield situation?

36Bolton 1-2 Burnley - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 1-2 Burnley Fri Feb 26 2016, 13:36

We were back in court earlier today to prove we're not trading while insolvent (kept that quiet...), so as the sale's not gone through yet, I suppose it's "as you were" regarding day to day operating costs.

Hence, no money to pay the extra stewards, bar staff, etc needed to open the top tier.

37Bolton 1-2 Burnley - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 1-2 Burnley Fri Feb 26 2016, 14:20

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Preview: Bolton v Burnley

SETTING THE SCENE
Wanderers host promotion-chasing Burnley on Saturday looking to extend their recent unbeaten run at Macron Stadium.

The Whites have not tasted defeat at home in the Sky Bet Championship since their first game of 2016, while only one other side in the division outside the play-off places have lost less matches at home than Bolton.

However, the Trotters have won only one of their last six encounters with Burnley, with the Clarets winning the last two including the last meeting between the two sides at Turf Moor earlier in the season.

Having been relegated from the Premier League last year, Burnley are battling to secure an immediate return to the top-flight.

Currently lying in second-place, Sean Dyche’s side sit only a point behind league-leaders Hull City, while they are unbeaten from their last ten league matches – winning seven and drawing three.

Coming into Saturday’s match off the back of back-to-back home wins, the Clarets have drawn their last two matches on their travels, setting the scene for an enthralling clash at BL6 with both sides in need of the points as they fight away at opposite ends of the table.

TEAM NEWS
Dorian Dervite has been ruled out of action after being forced off against Birmingham City with a knee injury in midweek.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Gary Madine is set to return while Emile Heskey (hip) could also feature, but Liam Trotter and David Wheater (both hamstring) are still nursing injuries.

Ben Amos (ankle) and Max Clayton (hamstring) remain a long-term absentees.

LAST TIME OUT
Wanderers slipped to a narrow defeat against Birmingham City in their last outing as Clayton Donaldson’s solitary strike proved to be the difference at St. Andrews.

LAST BURNLEY XI (v Nottingham Forest, W1-0)
Heaton, Lowton, Mee, Tarkowski, Ward, Barton, Jones, Boyd, Arfield, Gray, Vokes.

ONE TO WATCH
Without a goal from his last four outings, Andre Gray will be eager to end his mini-drought at Macron Stadium on Saturday as Burnley continue to battle from promotion.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The leading goalscorer in the division with 18 goals, the forward netted a brace as the Clarets ran out 2-0 winners over Wanderers when the two sides last met back in October.

A £9m summer signing from Brentford, Gray’s goals helped the then newly-promoted Bees reach the play-offs last season, with him keen to go one better for his new employers this time around. 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

38Bolton 1-2 Burnley - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 1-2 Burnley Fri Feb 26 2016, 15:39

Banks of the Croal

Banks of the Croal
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

If didn't think we had a chance I wouldn't bother going.
Think we've always got a chance in this league at Home.
So 2-2.

39Bolton 1-2 Burnley - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 1-2 Burnley Fri Feb 26 2016, 19:59

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I must need some pills. I thought the game was tonight for some reason and it's only thanks to Wendy (who by the way is not a football club from the sheep loving side of the Pennines) that I didn't set off to the ground about an hour ago. I do not have a clue why I was so convinced it was tonight and on TV but I'm claiming old age and oncoming dementia. 

By the way, didn't Colin Todd give a cracking press conference? I'm sure he'll take us into the Premier League now he's got the job to himself.

40Bolton 1-2 Burnley - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 1-2 Burnley Sat Feb 27 2016, 00:52

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

doffcocker wrote:
According to the Burnley site, tickets are only available in the lower tier.

Is this another Huddersfield situation?

Unfortunately our club aren't forthcoming in revealing allocations (at times) or how many tickets have been sold, why I don't know.

My understanding is that we've sold out the top tier and half of the lower tier and the rest have gone on general sale.

It could be owt between 3,000 and 4,300 ish.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum