Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton 1-2 Burnley

+17
Banks of the Croal
Fabians Right Peg
doffcocker
luckyPeterpiper
Leeds_Trotter
karlypants
Copper Dragon
terenceanne
Norpig
Bwfc1958
rammywhite
wanderlust
Natasha Whittam
scottjames30
Boggersbelief
Sluffy
MartinBWFC
21 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 5]

61Bolton 1-2 Burnley - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 1-2 Burnley Sat Feb 27 2016, 21:10

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Grey was the only difference between the teams i thought, what would we give to have a striker like him? We did play well but too often the final ball was poor bur Feeney did have a good game to be fair.

Our strikers are a joke, we may have well have started with a lamp post up front for all the good Heskey did and Madine was even worse. At least Heskey has an excuse due to his age.

Again i would question Lennons subsitutions, why take off Clough again and leave Silva on the bench till the 88th minute.

On the plus side i thought Derik had a great game and looked a good player, he and Holding did ok as a pair but Holding did get done for pace for their second

62Bolton 1-2 Burnley - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 1-2 Burnley Sat Feb 27 2016, 21:19

Bristol City won again so MK Dons are the only team we have a realistic chance of catching, we will have to win 3 more matches than then. Can't see it happening at the minute, even though we did play quite well today.

63Bolton 1-2 Burnley - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 1-2 Burnley Sat Feb 27 2016, 21:34

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Gray cost £6.25 million, it may rise to £9 million with possible add ons but it may not.

The Burnley commentary team that I was listening to said that Feeney was the best wide man that has played against Burnley all season, he was just lacking the final ball on occasions.

Lennon's tactics of a high defensive line worked well apart from the second goal. To be fair though it was a great ball from our Freddie and even better control and finish from Gray.

Feeney's goal is only the fourth goal that we've conceded this year.

64Bolton 1-2 Burnley - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 1-2 Burnley Sun Feb 28 2016, 07:48

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I still think it's not over yet.

65Bolton 1-2 Burnley - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 1-2 Burnley Sun Feb 28 2016, 12:06

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I agree with scott. Frankly from what I've read and seen we were a little unfortunate against one of the division's best teams and deserved at least a point if not all three. There's a lot of football left and I think there's going to be more twists and turns in this than an Agathie Christie novel before it's over. We could still get out of this and for some indefinable reason I think we will.

66Bolton 1-2 Burnley - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 1-2 Burnley Sun Feb 28 2016, 12:20

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'd agree if the gap wasn't so big. 7 points is gonna be hard to claw back, we need to win the next two to stand any chance. A couple of loans would boost us, a goalscorer is a must

67Bolton 1-2 Burnley - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 1-2 Burnley Sun Feb 28 2016, 12:35

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

we may not get anyone if all these rumours about the takeover being delayed are true

68Bolton 1-2 Burnley - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 1-2 Burnley Sun Feb 28 2016, 12:52

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

Boggersbelief wrote:I'd agree if the gap wasn't so big. 7 points is gonna be hard to claw back, we need to win the next two to stand any chance. A couple of loans would boost us, a goalscorer is a must
This.

69Bolton 1-2 Burnley - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 1-2 Burnley Sun Feb 28 2016, 13:02

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Next 3 games 

MK Dons - QPR (H) Charlton (A) Hull (A)

Rotherham - Sheff Wed (A) Middlesbrough (H) Derby (H)

Bolton - Leeds (A) Ipswich (H) Preston (H)

Charlton - Brentford (A) MK Dons (H) Middlesbrough (H)

Ours are the easiest in my opinion.

70Bolton 1-2 Burnley - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 1-2 Burnley Sun Feb 28 2016, 15:08

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I'm not one to get excited about us playing relatively well against one of the better sides.
It happened a number of times under Freedman, then we'd fall apart against somebody like Yeovil.
But there's no doubt about it, we were in control for most of the game and there's only a few matches in every season where we have to worry about somebody as good as Gray. So we'd easily be safe by now if we could play like that all the time. Even the Burnley fans I sensed were pretty pissed off for most of the match, hardly made a sound until their equaliser. Clearly they'd turned up expecting to humiliate us, and they only just won it in the end.

71Bolton 1-2 Burnley - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 1-2 Burnley Sun Feb 28 2016, 15:16

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We played well yesterday, if we weren't hindered by our so called strikers I'd say we could still get out of this.

People mock, but do you honestly think Rob Earnshaw would have been worse than Heskey or Madine? I can't imagine any striker in any professional league being worse than those two ponces.

We'd have been better bringing on Woolery to try and stretch the Burnley defence, but instead Lennon makes it easy for the opposition by bringing on Madine and Dobbie.

And that's why he should be sacked.

72Bolton 1-2 Burnley - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 1-2 Burnley Sun Feb 28 2016, 15:30

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:
We'd have been better bringing on Woolery to try and stretch the Burnley defence, but instead Lennon makes it easy for the opposition by bringing on Madine and Dobbie.

What did Madine do wrong?

Yes, he's a twat and all round disappointment but he came on, set up the goal, he certainly didn't do anything wrong in that time.

Again it comes down to people just looking for excuses to blame Lennon. There'll always be something.

73Bolton 1-2 Burnley - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 1-2 Burnley Sun Feb 28 2016, 15:47

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Maddy played well.  Good cross for the goal.  He would have been slaughtered for not shooting had we not scored.  

Heskey stayed on too long. 

Dobbie should have stayed off and wooly should have come on.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

74Bolton 1-2 Burnley - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 1-2 Burnley Sun Feb 28 2016, 16:54

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:

What did Madine do wrong?

Yes, he's a twat and all round disappointment but he came on, set up the goal, he certainly didn't do anything wrong in that time.

Again it comes down to people just looking for excuses to blame Lennon. There'll always be something.

Yes, a professional footballer kicked a ball a few yards to set up a goal. Well done that man.

My post was more a general observation on Lennon's thinking. Start with a big donkey, replace him with a big donkey. No thought to bringing on a bit of pace - something we lack more than most teams.

75Bolton 1-2 Burnley - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 1-2 Burnley Sun Feb 28 2016, 17:28

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:

My post was more a general observation on Lennon's thinking. Start with a big donkey, replace him with a big donkey. No thought to bringing on a bit of pace - something we lack more than most teams.

I don't think they'd have necessarily struggled with Woolery's pace any more than they did with what Madine had to offer.

Woolery looked fast when he came on against Rotherham. When I say fast I mean he did a lot of running around without the ball. I don't think that makes him the next Alexi Sanchez just yet. Surely nobody can accuse Lennon of overlooking youth. He brought Vela back into the team soon as he arrived. He gave Clough a chance which it didn't look like he was gonna get under Freedman. It's taken Holding a bit of time to look comfortable in the team, but he's slowly becoming a quite steady centre half. He even gave Wilkinson a few chances early on, dog shite though he was.

76Bolton 1-2 Burnley - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 1-2 Burnley Mon Feb 29 2016, 02:45

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sounds like we played quite well again but we've done that a lot recently and still lost.
Shame there are no points for style and effort.

77Bolton 1-2 Burnley - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 1-2 Burnley Mon Feb 29 2016, 09:52

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

That is the best we have played in a long long time. Feeney had possibly his best ever game in a white shirt but ultimately we fell victim to the same old problem, which is, that we are incapable of holding onto a lead. Week after week after week.... every time we have taken the lead, we have squandered it within minutes. It simply isn't good enough and I don't see how we can survive in the Championship with our current form.

78Bolton 1-2 Burnley - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 1-2 Burnley Mon Feb 29 2016, 13:18

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

observer wrote:
Breadman wrote:We down then or what, lads?

I think so.
Needed 6 or 7 points this week with 2 home games... had the chance for 7 and we ended up with 1.  Only 36 points to play for, and we would need Messi to help us out (on loan of course).  We have to spend on a couple of players and go on a run... but it might be too little, too late.  Thank you ED.

100% Breadman ....especially the "Thank you Ed"

This guy has fooked around so long with this takeover that it is going to be too late for us to do anything to get out of this mess.  It's still not officially approved as we speak. And Big Ed will still be the president of the club scratch
And I don't want to hear about how much he put in over the years etc...that actually has contributed to the financial mess we are in IMO.

79Bolton 1-2 Burnley - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 1-2 Burnley Mon Feb 29 2016, 16:53

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

terenceanne wrote:
observer wrote:

I think so.
Needed 6 or 7 points this week with 2 home games... had the chance for 7 and we ended up with 1.  Only 36 points to play for, and we would need Messi to help us out (on loan of course).  We have to spend on a couple of players and go on a run... but it might be too little, too late.  Thank you ED.

This guy has fooked around so long with this takeover that it is going to be too late for us to do anything to get out of this mess.  It's still not officially approved as we speak. And Big Ed will still be the president of the club scratch
And I don't want to hear about how much he put in over the years etc...that actually has contributed to the financial mess we are in IMO.

The loan window is open till late March. Plenty time to bring in players

80Bolton 1-2 Burnley - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 1-2 Burnley Mon Feb 29 2016, 17:47

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Boggersbelief wrote:
terenceanne wrote:
observer wrote:

I think so.

The loan window is open till late March. Plenty time to bring in players
Boggers, You have a presumption there that will need enough luck to win the lottery......
1. Football league has not given the ok on the takeover.
2. Transfer Embargo has to be lifted.
3. No urgency to spend any money by the consortium has
    been shown yet.
4. Presumption that players are growing on trees and
    waiting to come to us.
5. Said players coming in are slotted right into the team
    and can make a difference on day one.
6. We have at least 6 away games and a home game
    against Boro to come
And that's off the top of my head. Just Saying.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum