Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Devil Takes the hindmost - Worst Manager

+12
Boggersbelief
doffcocker
observer
xmiles
terenceanne
Bwfc1958
Norpig
scottjames30
Hipster_Nebula
wanderlust
Natasha Whittam
Sluffy
16 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Cast FOUR votes

Devil Takes the hindmost - Worst Manager Vote_lcap24%Devil Takes the hindmost - Worst Manager Vote_rcap 24% [ 22 ]
Devil Takes the hindmost - Worst Manager Vote_lcap17%Devil Takes the hindmost - Worst Manager Vote_rcap 17% [ 16 ]
Devil Takes the hindmost - Worst Manager Vote_lcap22%Devil Takes the hindmost - Worst Manager Vote_rcap 22% [ 20 ]
Devil Takes the hindmost - Worst Manager Vote_lcap19%Devil Takes the hindmost - Worst Manager Vote_rcap 19% [ 18 ]
Devil Takes the hindmost - Worst Manager Vote_lcap18%Devil Takes the hindmost - Worst Manager Vote_rcap 18% [ 17 ]
Total Votes : 93

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Ok a bit of fun.

Above is the list of the FIVE managers since Allardyce left but which one is the worst?

The way we play is that today you have to use FOUR votes for the four worst managers in your opinion since Big Sam left.

In a day or so I will do the next round with the four 'worst' managers left and with you only having THREE votes to use - and so on until we reach the final.

So who are you going put through to the next round and which are you going to let off as not being quite as bad as the other four numpties?

Vote away!

At the risk of annoying everyone i think Megson was brought in to do a job and did it. And looking back now I'd rather have a manager who was a bellend to the fans but got results than a manager who is useless and keeps paying lip service using the same old sound bites.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

y2johnny wrote:At the risk of annoying everyone i think Megson was brought in to do a job and did it. And looking back now I'd rather have a manager who was a bellend to the fans but got results than a manager who is useless and keeps paying lip service using the same old sound bites.

Megson inherited a squad that had qualified for Europe and then spent more money than any other manager in our history. And just about kept us up.

What a guy.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Why isn't the fat traitor on the options list?

He took over after Sammy lee? Who signed 47 players in one summer transfer window of which 2 may have been half decent blowing millions in fees and wages (not to mention agent fees too) combined. Pretty sure we was having a mare when he megson took over otherwise sammy would of kept his job. Brought in to keep us up. Job done.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

y2johnny wrote:At the risk of annoying everyone i think Megson was brought in to do a job and did it. And looking back now I'd rather have a manager who was a bellend to the fans but got results than a manager who is useless and keeps paying lip service using the same old sound bites.

I quite agree and had not voted for Megson myself.

Booing him by a number of fans even before he took charge set the scene of his time at the club.

He actually could manage, which non of the others have shown whilst at Bolton. Yes it was awful to watch and no I would not have paid to see it either but he had to keep us up following Lee's disastrous spell whilst at the same time rebuilding the aging team Allardyce had left behind.

Like him as a person or not, he managed to do both but the majority of the fans had made things toxic enough that he had to go which opened the door for Coyle!

Trust the supporters (see what I did there?) to know what is best for the club!

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Lee by a long distance.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Lee.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

lets face it since Big Sam left they have all been various levels of shit, it would be hard to just pick one

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

Devil takes the hindmost? 

What does that even mean? Never heard that before.

Bwfc1958 wrote:Devil takes the hindmost? 

It's the end of the everyman for themselves saying.

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Dougie for me.  Daftest tactics ever put on a football field.....actually directly cost us games IMO. And promotion to boot.

Lee was hard done by ...... trying to follow Fat Sam and circumstances came together to do him in.  Not to say he was great or anything. Wrong place wrong time.

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Lee just edges Coyle for this title.

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Norpig wrote:lets face it since Big Sam left they have all been various levels of shit, it would be hard to just pick one
I agree... a collective boot up their collective butts would be in order.  I feel for Lennon, not getting any of his first picks... but as Nat pointed out, he wanted Amos and he has not fulfilled the role we needed.  Lennon's substitutions are also suspect and he has not won us games and is clearly only staying due to the cash crisis.  As he himself said, it's about results.

I also think the loss of Mjalby was the clincher in our dismal season... he had the defense working nicely, and now I'm not sure if they are even showing up.  It seems every team has forwards who run past our defense and easily challenge Amos every week. 

It's down to needing 3 wins on the trot and without a striker, that will be tough.  It should be less about who to blame, but how to fix it quickly.

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

In recognition of the average football fan's memory span, they should all be given a head start, determined by the length of time since they fucked off.

I'm actually amazed that Lee is way ahead of Lennon, despite my personal view.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

It is a very old saying which basically means that the 'last man' is knocked out.

When I was a kid and playing in the streets was the norm, one of the games we played was where we all lined up at one lamp post and raced to the next, the last person who got was out. We then lined up again and ran back to the first lamp post (less the one who had been knocked out) until we got down to a race between the final two.

The idea was not to be the fastest in every race but just do enough to get through and save as much strength as you could for the final.

Hard to imagine that kids now prefer to play on their ipads and smart phones rather than run around senseless in the street!

Joking aside it was quite fun and got you thinking about tactics out manoeuvring your rivals as best you could.

There is usually a version of Devil Take the Hindmost in the indoor cycling events that are held and are very popular with the crowds. It is not an Olympic cycling sport though.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:

It is a very old saying which basically means that the 'last man' is knocked out.

You could have just stopped right there.

bryan458

bryan458
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Freedman, his football was a great cure fore insomnia !!

Hip Priest

Hip Priest
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Sammy Lee. No doubt about it. I can remember being at the away match at Birmingham which we lost 1-0. It was about his 9th match or something and we had won one and been hammered in the other 8. After yet another completely unfathomable substitution the fed up Wanderers fans chanted "You don't know what you're doing" at him. And he genuinely fucking didn't. Large number of shit signings,clueless tactics,the embarrassing sight of him screaming like a demented dwarf from the touchline every week. All the others have their glaring faults but Lee was in a league of his own.Can remember being so relieved when he was sacked.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:Hard to imagine that kids now prefer to play on their ipads and smart phones rather than run around senseless in the street!

I suspect it was easier to dodge a horse and cart.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum