Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Devil Takes the hindmost - Worst Manager

+12
Boggersbelief
doffcocker
observer
xmiles
terenceanne
Bwfc1958
Norpig
scottjames30
Hipster_Nebula
wanderlust
Natasha Whittam
Sluffy
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Cast FOUR votes

Devil Takes the hindmost - Worst Manager - Page 2 Vote_lcap24%Devil Takes the hindmost - Worst Manager - Page 2 Vote_rcap 24% [ 22 ]
Devil Takes the hindmost - Worst Manager - Page 2 Vote_lcap17%Devil Takes the hindmost - Worst Manager - Page 2 Vote_rcap 17% [ 16 ]
Devil Takes the hindmost - Worst Manager - Page 2 Vote_lcap22%Devil Takes the hindmost - Worst Manager - Page 2 Vote_rcap 22% [ 20 ]
Devil Takes the hindmost - Worst Manager - Page 2 Vote_lcap19%Devil Takes the hindmost - Worst Manager - Page 2 Vote_rcap 19% [ 18 ]
Devil Takes the hindmost - Worst Manager - Page 2 Vote_lcap18%Devil Takes the hindmost - Worst Manager - Page 2 Vote_rcap 18% [ 17 ]
Total Votes : 93

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Can't believe so many people are choosing Lee, didn't he only get 8 or 9 games?

He was left with an ageing squad full of long ball cloggers. Impossible job. His mistake was trying to change the style of play too quickly, but who can say he wouldn't have pulled it off if he'd had the time the other clowns got.

The football under Freedman was as bad as it gets, his sole ambition was to draw 0-0.

I'd go for Coyle though. He had the makings of a talented team but was so far out of his depth tactically it was embarrassing.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:Can't believe so many people are choosing Lee, didn't he only get 8 or 9 games?

He was left with an ageing squad full of long ball cloggers. Impossible job. His mistake was trying to change the style of play too quickly, but who can say he wouldn't have pulled it off if he'd had the time the other clowns got.

The football under Freedman was as bad as it gets, his sole ambition was to draw 0-0.

I'd go for Coyle though. He had the makings of a talented team but was so far out of his depth tactically it was embarrassing.

He had players like Anelka, Nolan, jussi, Kev Davies, Gary Speed all in their pomp what are you talking about.

FullofSprite

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Boggersbelief wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:Can't believe so many people are choosing Lee, didn't he only get 8 or 9 games?

He had players like Anelka, Nolan, jussi, Kev Davies, Gary Speed all in their pomp what are you talking about.
Lee was thrown into the job, and had no experience of managing. It was his first job of managing a team and really you should manage at a lower league club before taking charge.

I have some sympathy for what went on there. His assistant was Gary Speed to start  with - also his first job as a coach. It was bound not to work. With three games to go they appointed Alex Fergusons ex assistant at Aberdeen, but it was too late to help him.

Some of the signings Lee gets blamed for McCann and Lloyd-Samuel were on Allardyce's list to be brought to the club. In fact I don't think Lee actually made a list of his own, he just copied from the master, like most people do when taking a job over for the first time.

Lee wasn't known though for having great relationships with players, but because he was put in an invidious position I haven't voted him as the worst manager.

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

its a tie between Freedman and Coyle for me. As mentioned earlier Freedman would do his best to protect a 0-0 draw, and pull his team back. Of course once we'd conceded, the mindset was all wrong, and the team couldn't, (and didn't know how) to go on the offensive.
Coyle was just a buffoon who managed to stay on as long as he did because of PG's inability to sack people, and the supporters misplaced hope in a former, very popular, player. I think it says something when your managerial expertise is summed up by everyone when they parrot-phrase your most famous saying, 'In the Barclays Premier League... etc.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We also had the dream team managing for a few games in this period but even if they were an option, nobody would vote for them as they produced the goods. Should have been given longer imo.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We also had the dream team managing for a few games in this period but even if they were an option, nobody would vote for them as they produced the goods. Should have been given longer imo.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We also had the dream team managing for a few games. Can't believe no one has mentioned that

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Wanders getting twitchy Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum