Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Devil Takes the hindmost - Worst Manager (Day 2)

+8
Natasha Whittam
Hipster_Nebula
luckyPeterpiper
xmiles
Boggersbelief
Norpig
doffcocker
Sluffy
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

THREE votes to use!

Devil Takes the hindmost - Worst Manager (Day 2) - Page 2 Vote_lcap30%Devil Takes the hindmost - Worst Manager (Day 2) - Page 2 Vote_rcap 30% [ 22 ]
Devil Takes the hindmost - Worst Manager (Day 2) - Page 2 Vote_lcap30%Devil Takes the hindmost - Worst Manager (Day 2) - Page 2 Vote_rcap 30% [ 22 ]
Devil Takes the hindmost - Worst Manager (Day 2) - Page 2 Vote_lcap23%Devil Takes the hindmost - Worst Manager (Day 2) - Page 2 Vote_rcap 23% [ 17 ]
Devil Takes the hindmost - Worst Manager (Day 2) - Page 2 Vote_lcap17%Devil Takes the hindmost - Worst Manager (Day 2) - Page 2 Vote_rcap 17% [ 13 ]
Total Votes : 74

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

xmiles wrote:
doffcocker wrote:
xmiles wrote:
doffcocker wrote:With respect Sluffy, when did you last attend a Bolton match? Aged 12?

Hardly surprising that you don't sympathise with the people who wanted Megson out. In fact I think you get great satisfaction from the fact that sacking Megson and bringing in Coyle didn't have the effect all the "mobs" thought it would, just like you warned of at the time.

Just curious to know how many games you watched when Megson was in charge since your posted age is 23 and Megson keft in 2009.

You are aware that there isn't a minimum age of 18 to get into the ground?

Of course. Now please answer the question.

Well what the hell do you think I'm going to say?

"No, I'm just pretending that I attended a substantial number of matches when Megson was manager, to give my argument more weight."

Obviously it's a possibility that I've never attended a Bolton match in my whole life, and I can't give you proof that that's not true. Such is the internet.

If I gave you an exact number, would you believe it, and would it be relevant to whatever point you're trying to make?

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Just seems curious to me that someone who feels so strongly about Megson and is very critical of fans who don't attend matches would only have been a young teenager when Megson was manager - assuming your age is as posted.

I went a lot when megson was in charge and i think he "did a job". Albeit he did it with a lot of money to spend and didn't exactly relate to anyone but it wasn't his job to be a cheerleader. If megson was in charge now with the same players (imo) i dont think we would be as far down the table. But he would certainly be getting mor flack than lennon is even if we was just outside the relegation zone

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I actually stopped going during the Megson reign, he really did kill my enthusiasm stone cold.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:I actually stopped going during the Megson reign, he really did kill my enthusiasm stone cold.

You stopped not going?

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:I actually stopped going during the Megson reign, he really did kill my enthusiasm stone cold.

It's hard to imagine an enthusiastic Hipster.

Me too.

And as for this thread in general......

I commented the other day that it seemed a bit churlish that of one of the site's "owners" was condemning Martin with one of his patronising lectures about laying off the abuse of Lennon (even though Martin wasn't really abusing him, he was simply airing his opinion) but then the same bloke appears more than happy to conduct an on-going, one-man campaign to slag Owen Coyle off.

The guy left Bolton 4 years ago and yet Sluffy seems intent on continuing with his desperate attempts to keep highlighting just how bad he thought (and still thinks) he was.

Sluffy doesn't rate Coyle and thinks he's the worst Bolton manager ever - we get it!

Fuck me.....move on.

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Breadman wrote:

Me too.

And as for this thread in general......

I commented the other day that it seemed a bit churlish that of one of the site's "owners" was condemning Martin with one of his patronising lectures about laying off the abuse of Lennon (even though Martin wasn't really abusing him, he was simply airing his opinion) but then the same bloke appears more than happy to conduct an on-going, one-man campaign to slag Owen Coyle off.

The guy left Bolton 4 years ago and yet Sluffy seems intent on continuing with his desperate attempts to keep highlighting just how bad he thought (and still thinks) he was.

Sluffy doesn't rate Coyle and thinks he's the worst Bolton manager ever - we get it!

Fuck me.....move on.

Yet lambasts folk for thinking another manager is the worst.

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

xmiles wrote:Just seems curious to me that someone who feels so strongly about Megson and is very critical of fans who don't attend matches would only have been a young teenager when Megson was manager - assuming your age is as posted.

Well I was 18 when Megson was sacked and attended most matches home and away. I still fail to see what you're getting at unless you're implying that an 18 year old couldn't possibly have an opinion on the matter, in which case I think it's pretty low.

But either way I'm not criticising anyone for not attending matches, I just don't think anybody as emotionally unattached from a club as Sluffy purports to be can understand the full extent of everything that goes on.

I mean if Bolton Wanderers is nothing more than a pile of profit and loss accounts (and a social media project) to you then you're likely to see miss a lot of important detail.

When megson was appointed i was as disappointed as everyone else. He won me round and then went full circle and like everyone else i was calling for his head. It is now, looking back, that i realise it was like a "clash of personalities".

Although it is too late now, i would of put money on us staying up this season with the same useless tosspots if he had come in, say, just before xmas.

Id rather have a manager who distances himself from the fanbase and gets results than a sound bite machine who looks beaten in every interview

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'd just like to say Megson played the most defensive footie I've ever witnessed but he was results focussed and that fact alone means he would have us in a better position than any of the others. Had he stayed it's likely we'd still be in the prem - as well as the least attractive team ever.

Anyway, for this one i have picked lennon, coyle and dougie. I think lees short tenure was a disaster, but to be fair to him, wilh3lmson and braaten did look fucking mint on youtube Wink

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:

You stopped not going?

What?

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:
Boggersbelief wrote:

You stopped not going?

What?

I'm implying that you never started going TO stop. But you knew that anyway

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

doffcocker wrote:But either way I'm not criticising anyone for not attending matches, I just don't think anybody as emotionally unattached from a club as Sluffy purports to be can understand the full extent of everything that goes on.

I mean if Bolton Wanderers is nothing more than a pile of profit and loss accounts (and a social media project) to you then you're likely to see miss a lot of important detail.

For what ever it is worth, I first started watching Bolton matches in the mid 1960's and have watched them fairly consistently since until just a few years ago.

I've never counted the numbers of Bolton games I attended but it most be close to, or even exceeding a thousand.

I and many others on here have seen us in lower divisions, with poorer players and probably with bleaker prospects.

God knows how much money I've spent over the year following the club, a fair site more than you have even at todays prices I would hazard a guess.  I'd certainly be a lot richer now if I hadn't!

If you or anyone else thinks I'm a shit fan because of whatever you judge me by, then fair enough, I won't be losing any sleep over it.

If you or anyone else think Coyle was the bees knees and Megson the worst manager who ever lived, then that's ok with me too.  My view, based on my head rather than my heart is very much different.

I don't give a toss about if anyone else even agrees with me or not, I mean what have I got to gain either way if they do or they don't?

I do however have the right to give my opinion.

I'm not abusive with it and equally, nor am I forced to shut up and shrink away when someone posts something contrary to them.  I try to respect peoples views even though I don't hold them myself, although I don't like the diatribe of abuse that is sometimes contained within them (I don't include you in this).

Again for the record my little asides of 'thank you Owen' are simply my attempts of humour.  I know I'm certainly not the best of posting funny quips on here but I do try from time to time and apologise to all if they fall flat.

As for this poll the majority of people who have voted think Megson was the BEST of our five most recent managers - maybe they all have the same agenda as me perhaps or maybe, just maybe (and unlike you)they actually thought he was!

JAH

JAH
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

So you have an agenda! Hmmmm

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

JAH wrote:So you have an agenda! Hmmmm

My point being of course is that I don't have an agenda!

I thought I'd best spell that out for you just in case you failed to grasp and started to bang on about it at some later date.

JAH

JAH
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Insightful

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Sluffy wrote:
doffcocker wrote:But either way I'm not criticising anyone for not attending matches, I just don't think anybody as emotionally unattached from a club as Sluffy purports to be can understand the full extent of everything that goes on.

For what ever it is worth, I first started watching Bolton matches in the mid 1960's and have watched them fairly consistently since until just a few years ago.

I've never counted the numbers of Bolton games I attended but it most be close to, or even exceeding a thousand.

I and many others on here have seen us in lower divisions, with poorer players and probably with bleaker prospects.

God knows how much money I've spent over the year following the club, a fair site more than you have even at todays prices I would hazard a guess.  I'd certainly be a lot richer now if I hadn't!

If you or anyone else thinks I'm a shit fan because of whatever you judge me by, then fair enough, I won't be losing any sleep over it.

If you or anyone else think Coyle was the bees knees and Megson the worst manager who ever lived, then that's ok with me too.  My view, based on my head rather than my heart is very much different.

I don't give a toss about if anyone else even agrees with me or not, I mean what have I got to gain either way if they do or they don't?

I do however have the right to give my opinion.

I'm not abusive with it and equally, nor am I forced to shut up and shrink away when someone posts something contrary to them.  I try to respect peoples views even though I don't hold them myself, although I don't like the diatribe of abuse that is sometimes contained within them (I don't include you in this).

Again for the record my little asides of 'thank you Owen' are simply my attempts of humour.  I know I'm certainly not the best of posting funny quips on here but I do try from time to time and apologise to all if they fall flat.

As for this poll the majority of people who have voted think Megson was the BEST of our five most recent managers - maybe they all have the same agenda as me perhaps or maybe, just maybe (and unlike you)they actually thought he was!
To keep the peace why don't we agree to say all the managers (or manglers) after BSA, sucked!  Let's give them all a collective golden boot up their collective butts.  I could go on and espouse why each of them is worse than the previous one... but it is pointless.  And so are we... point less right now... and we should expend the energy in rooting for a few wins on the trot to stay up by a point.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum