Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The soft German

+6
Norpig
finlaymcdanger
Bollotom2014
Fabians Right Peg
Natasha Whittam
doffcocker
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1The soft German Empty The soft German Sun Feb 28 2016, 19:22

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Once again, some foreign manager comes over here like he's the most important person in the world and fails miserably.
Such a shame it really is, but I'm interested to know, do we think Klopp will last at Liverpool and will he turn it round?

It's hard to understand how somebody could achieve what he did at Dortmund yet have such a small impact on Liverpool.

2The soft German Empty Re: The soft German Sun Feb 28 2016, 19:49

Honestly not trying to be an arse now, but they're 9th in the Prem, in the last 16 of the UEFA Cup and have just narrowly missed out on winning the League Cup on penalties.

How exactly's that failing?

I wish we were that shit.

3The soft German Empty Re: The soft German Sun Feb 28 2016, 19:50

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:Once again, some foreign manager comes over here like he's the most important person in the world and fails miserably.
Such a shame it really is, but I'm interested to know, do we think Klopp will last at Liverpool and will he turn it round?

It's hard to understand how somebody could achieve what he did at Dortmund yet have such a small impact on Liverpool.

I think you're taking the piss now you gobshite.

On another thread you're arguing Lennon hasn't had enough time and should keep his job despite being bottom of the Championship, while slagging Klopp off after losing a cup final on penalties to the most expensive team in the world.

You couldn't make it up.

For the record I think Klopp will do well given time. He's already called Sturridge out for being a ponce which no English manager would do. Give him a couple of transfer windows and expect Liverpool to be a very different team.

4The soft German Empty Re: The soft German Sun Feb 28 2016, 21:01

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

OK, let me put it another way.

Klopp was the one of the hottest properties in world football. As such you'd expect Liverpool to be in a better position now than they were under Rodgers who the fans were desperate to get rid of.

As it is, they're averaging less points per game, they're out of the FA Cup, and they've scraped it to the UEFA Cup last 16 against a bunch of utter nobodies.

Absolutely laughable that you could compare this to Lennon's situation, Whittam. Clearly it's you that's lost the plot you silly tit.

5The soft German Empty Re: The soft German Sun Feb 28 2016, 21:07

Fabians Right Peg

Fabians Right Peg
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Don't think it's that easy a comparison to say Klopp is averaging less points a game than Rodgers isn't accounting for the fact Klopp his playing his style with Rodgers squad.

Think only time will tell although my gut says that he will be a flop.

6The soft German Empty Re: The soft German Sun Feb 28 2016, 21:13

Bollotom2014

Bollotom2014
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Like the bloke at Manure. They couldn't wait to get him, now they can't wait to get rid of him. Liverpool have always had manager problems, like Newcarsole but have been in the top bit for yonks. I do think old Klippety will come good eventually, but not this season.

7The soft German Empty Re: The soft German Sun Feb 28 2016, 21:14

The way Klopp plays relies on very fit players flexible enough to play his 'Gegenpressing' system. He's done okay so far with a very average squad, given pre season to train and sign a couple of others I think he'll kick on. Way too early to right him off at this point.

8The soft German Empty Re: The soft German Sun Feb 28 2016, 21:20

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

You can't judge him yet.

He will need another full season under his belt and at least 2-3 more transfer windows before we will know if he has been successful or not.

However, if the likes of West Ham and Stoke finish above them this season I'd say it has been a bad start.

9The soft German Empty Re: The soft German Mon Feb 29 2016, 08:32

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i agree with Fin and 74. too early to judge him. He plays a high intensity pressing game that the current players are not used to. It will take him time to get the players in he wants and move on ones who won't fit his system but i think he will do well long term for Liverpool

10The soft German Empty Re: The soft German Mon Feb 29 2016, 09:45

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I quite like Klopp. He comes across as a bit of a character and he has a sense of humour as well. Hard to judge him based on the fact that he inherited the team from Brendan Rodgers and hasn't had enough time to bring in his own players. Liverpool won 3-0 at the Etihad in one of Klopp's early games in charge and that's no mean feat.

Let's see where they finish up next season before we judge Herr Klopp.

11The soft German Empty Re: The soft German Mon Feb 29 2016, 10:07

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I like Klopp. He knows just what he's doing and where he's going. All he needs is time, firstly to assess the game setup over here, and secondly to rotate the unwanted players out of his team.

12The soft German Empty Re: The soft German Tue Mar 01 2016, 14:17

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

gloswhite wrote:I like Klopp. He knows just what he's doing and where he's going. All he needs is time, firstly to assess the game setup over here, and secondly to rotate the unwanted players out of his team.

Reading in today's dailies it looks like half a dozen Liverpool players will be on their way at the end of the season, including Benteke and Bogdan.

13The soft German Empty Re: The soft German Tue Mar 01 2016, 14:20

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bogdan is 3rd choice now, he will definitely be on his way. I never thought he was good enough for a top half Premiership team personally

14The soft German Empty Re: The soft German Tue Mar 01 2016, 14:28

Bogdan had two very high profile (televised live) bad games in which he ballsed up massively.

One, he might have got away with, two - no chance.

He'll wind up at somewhere like Reading or Blackburn.

15The soft German Empty Re: The soft German Tue Mar 01 2016, 15:42

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I thnk Klopp has got his ins and outs sorted by now, and Bogdan is on the way out I reckon.

16The soft German Empty Re: The soft German Tue Mar 01 2016, 15:49

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

Could do with getting him back in on loan to replace Amos. We should never have let Lonergan go if we were just going to replace him with a guy on the same wages. Lonergan was a good keeper.

17The soft German Empty Re: The soft German Tue Mar 01 2016, 17:22

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bwfc1958 wrote:Could do with getting him back in on loan to replace Amos. We should never have let Lonergan go if we were just going to replace him with a guy on the same wages. Lonergan was a good keeper.

I agree. I would rather have Lonners than Amos.

18The soft German Empty Re: The soft German Tue Mar 01 2016, 21:12

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Agreed

19The soft German Empty Re: The soft German Tue Mar 01 2016, 22:26

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Everybody knows Lonergan was maybe our best player last season. Surely nobody thinks Lennon simply chose to sit back and let him fuck right off on a free.

Unfortunately Fulham are one of the richest clubs in the league. Once they start showing an interest in a soon to be out of contract player, you know there's not much you can do.

To be fair, keepers are definitely the most hot and cold kind of footballers. Lonergan was crap for us half of the time, just like Amos is currently.

20The soft German Empty Re: The soft German Tue Mar 01 2016, 22:28

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We've always been very lucky in the goalkeeping department. Until everything started to turn to shit

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum