Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The noisy German fans

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The noisy German fans Empty The noisy German fans Wed Dec 05 2012, 12:30

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

A very intersting article which I read this morning, which was posted on another board but I felt it deserved a thread on here.

It's about German football Dortmund in particular, the ticket prices and setaing/standing issues. Some of it I guess you already know but fasitnating all the same.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/david-conn-inside-sport-blog/2012/dec/02/ermany-bundesliga-noisy-fans

I think the english FA could learn a lot from this to be honest.

Here's just a snipet of the article:-

The fans tell you proudly what they pay for a season ticket: only €190, around €11 (£8.95) a match, to watch Jürgen Klopp's German champions, last season's double winners, who stand top of their Champions League group. During their most recent Bundesliga home game, a 1-1 draw with Fortuna Düsseldorf – whose fans also made a constant, rousing noise – Dortmund's fans observed an uncharacteristic silence for the first 12 minutes and 12 seconds. New proposals to improve security at Bundesliga grounds, aimed particularly at eliminating flares, which are already anyway illegal, are to be discussed by all the clubs on 12 December, hence the 12/12 protest. Supporters groups have interpreted the suggestions, which include searching supporters at "high-risk" games and bans for those who break the rules, as a means by stealth to sedate German football's raucous, standing fan culture, an intention the Bundesliga emphatically denies.

2The noisy German fans Empty Re: The noisy German fans Wed Dec 05 2012, 15:05

Sgt. Bash

Sgt. Bash
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Hillsborough happend. It was tragic. However, Football in this country is still being held back by it IMHO. Football in other countries has shown us that you CAN have safe standing areas. Other sports in THIS country have shown us that you can have safe standing areas. English football seems to be so scared of offending Hillsborough families, that we can't even have a proper debate about improving the match day experience for supporters. Germany is very forward thinking in this respect, and I hope they don't outlaw standing in their stadiums.

That bit hurt to say!

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum