Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

BWFCST open business

+9
finlaymcdanger
Sluffy
Bolton Nuts
Natasha Whittam
Bollotom2014
Fabians Right Peg
Hipster_Nebula
boltonbonce
Norpig
13 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1BWFCST open business Empty BWFCST open business Mon Feb 29 2016, 10:32

you can now turn your pledge into membership via their website.

So who is going to?

2BWFCST open business Empty Re: BWFCST open business Mon Feb 29 2016, 10:59

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i'm still willing to see what they can do, it's only a tenner at the end of the day. Deano seemed keen to get them on board so hopefully it's not just lip service

3BWFCST open business Empty Re: BWFCST open business Mon Feb 29 2016, 11:11

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm in.
I'd only waste it on bandages. Very Happy

4BWFCST open business Empty Re: BWFCST open business Mon Feb 29 2016, 11:59

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Nah.

5BWFCST open business Empty Re: BWFCST open business Mon Feb 29 2016, 12:48

Just done it, certainly think it's worth seeing what they can do over the next 12 months, Holdsworth certainly seems interested in getting them involved.

6BWFCST open business Empty Re: BWFCST open business Mon Feb 29 2016, 13:40

Fabians Right Peg

Fabians Right Peg
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Yep I will be in, better to be involved than not.

7BWFCST open business Empty Re: BWFCST open business Mon Feb 29 2016, 13:41

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Nah.
 what a surprise  Rolling Eyes

8BWFCST open business Empty Re: BWFCST open business Mon Feb 29 2016, 14:00

Bollotom2014

Bollotom2014
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I'm in as of this morning, though I wonder if the ST, ED and SS are not in collusion judging by what is coming out. Something just doesn't seem right and the possibility of SS not being forthcoming with the FL may be a sign of a bit of chicanery. But as said, it's only a tenner. I ignored the expected call for a voluntary donation. If the players are on that much they can have a whip-round in the dressing room.

9BWFCST open business Empty Re: BWFCST open business Mon Feb 29 2016, 15:26

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

As I wasn't allowed to pick the team or sign players, I'm keeping my £10.

10BWFCST open business Empty Re: BWFCST open business Mon Feb 29 2016, 23:42

Bolton Nuts

Admin

What's all this tenner business about? Can someone fill me in?

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

11BWFCST open business Empty Re: BWFCST open business Tue Mar 01 2016, 00:20

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

You can join the Bolton Wanderers Supporters Trust for an initial cost of a £10 membership.

The payment guarantees you absolutely nothing apart from voting into office the people to represent the ST.

The ST's aim is to have a say in the running of the club.

I personally doubt that anyone putting millions of their money into a business in the aim to make a profit from it would seriously listen to anybody else's opinion of what they should do with their money, particularly if that person has an emotional attachment rather than a hard headed business view.

I therefore think the concept of them having a say in somebody else's business is fundamentally flawed.

Hundreds of people however have been paying £10 membership fee to the ST today on God knows whatever rationale they may have.

They are parting with their money on a premise that is far from certain to be delivered, in order to vote in people they probably have no idea about to represent them and giving their money to an organisation that has not told anyone what they would spend it on.

It would seem the old saying that 'a fool and their money are easily parted' is alive and currently in action in the Bolton area today and for a while thereafter.

12BWFCST open business Empty Re: BWFCST open business Tue Mar 01 2016, 01:17

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I juts spent my £10 membership fee on vanilla bean ice cream.

13BWFCST open business Empty Re: BWFCST open business Tue Mar 01 2016, 06:20

Fabians Right Peg

Fabians Right Peg
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Sluffy wrote:I personally doubt that anyone putting millions of their money into a business in the aim to make a profit from it would seriously listen to anybody else's opinion of what they should do with their money, particularly if that person has an emotional attachment rather than a hard headed business view.  

I therefore think the concept of them having a say in somebody else's business is fundamentally flawed.

Hundreds of people however have been paying £10 membership fee to the ST today on God knows whatever rationale they may have.

I suppose in a way you have summed up the basis for what I hope will be the reason that any owner has to listen to the ST.

Yes many of us have an emotional attachment to the club and it could be argued that those of us that still go regular are beyond hope and are in effect a sure fire earner for the new owner.

However if they want to make money they have to attract back those that have voted with there feet, for some that would have been because of the football, for others it may have been to do with the way the club went and it's image.

Ultimately the owner needs the current core fans to encourage others to come back to the club and that means communicating with us, and keeping us happy, how many of us would tell a friend to come to a game, not just for the football but because it's a great day out?

Any sensible owner will engage with as many supporters groups as possible, I also want to see the ST get involved in encouraging younger fans to the macron, hell open a full block for anyone with an under 8 year old and let them in for a fiver first come first served basis.

We need to build for the future and hopefully a proper ST can help do that.

14BWFCST open business Empty Re: BWFCST open business Tue Mar 01 2016, 06:29

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Can't help feeling I've been suckered by one of those deep south snake oil salesmen,but,as Bread has already said,a fool and his money........... jocolor

Wonder if it'll help me win on Goldline?

15BWFCST open business Empty Re: BWFCST open business Tue Mar 01 2016, 07:24

boltonbonce wrote:Can't help feeling I've been suckered by one of those deep south snake oil salesmen,but,as Bread has already said,a fool and his money........... jocolor

Wonder if it'll help me win on Goldline?
Do you not get free entry into the ST if you are in Goldline?

16BWFCST open business Empty Re: BWFCST open business Tue Mar 01 2016, 08:25

Fabians Right Peg wrote:
Sluffy wrote:I personally doubt that anyone putting millions of their money into a business in the aim to make a profit from it would seriously listen to anybody else's opinion of what they should do with their money, particularly if that person has an emotional attachment rather than a hard headed business view.  

I suppose in a way you have summed up the basis for what I hope will be the reason that any owner has to listen to the ST.

Yes many of us have an emotional attachment to the club and it could be argued that those of us that still go regular are beyond hope and are in effect a sure fire earner for the new owner.

However if they want to make money they have to attract back those that have voted with there feet, for some that would have been because of the football, for others it may have been to do with the way the club went and it's image.

Ultimately the owner needs the current core fans to encourage others to come back to the club and that means communicating with us, and keeping us happy, how many of us would tell a friend to come to a game, not just for the football but because it's a great day out?

Any sensible owner will engage with as many supporters groups as possible, I also want to see the ST get involved in encouraging younger fans to the macron, hell open a full block for anyone with an under 8 year old and let them in for a fiver first come first served basis.

We need to build for the future and hopefully a proper ST can help do that.

Well said Fab, agree with that. Plenty of reasons that any new owner would want to engage the ST, worth parting with a tenner to see what they manage to do for a year. Doesn't make anybody a fool for doing so IMO.

17BWFCST open business Empty Re: BWFCST open business Tue Mar 01 2016, 08:33

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:
Well said Fab, agree with that. Plenty of reasons that any new owner would want to engage the ST, worth parting with a tenner to see what they manage to do for a year. Doesn't make anybody a fool for doing so IMO.

I spent my £10 on ten packs of Twirls. Who is the fool now??

18BWFCST open business Empty Re: BWFCST open business Tue Mar 01 2016, 08:35

Sluffy, he doesn't have Twirls or an ST membership.

19BWFCST open business Empty Re: BWFCST open business Tue Mar 01 2016, 08:44

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:You can join the Bolton Wanderers Supporters Trust for an initial cost of a £10 membership.

The payment guarantees you absolutely nothing apart from voting into office the people to represent the ST.

The ST's aim is to have a say in the running of the club.

I personally doubt that anyone putting millions of their money into a business in the aim to make a profit from it would seriously listen to anybody else's opinion of what they should do with their money, particularly if that person has an emotional attachment rather than a hard headed business view.  

They are parting with their money on a premise that is far from certain to be delivered, in order to vote in people they probably have no idea about to represent them and giving their money to an organisation that has not told anyone what they would spend it on.

It would seem the old saying that 'a fool and their money are easily parted' is alive and currently in action in the Bolton area today and for a while thereafter.
Sluffy i get that you're against the ST but calling fans who want to see what they can achieve fools is just not on. 
 If you want to call me a fool, carry on as i will be putting up my £10 and not just sitting back and moaning about the ST without actually doing anything about it.

Your hatred of one of the steering group is clouding your judgement on all this and you are coming across as sanctimonius

20BWFCST open business Empty Re: BWFCST open business Tue Mar 01 2016, 10:06

boltonbonce wrote:Can't help feeling I've been suckered by one of those deep south snake oil salesmen,but,as Bread has already said,a fool and his money........... jocolor

Not me, Guv!

Although I do agree with Sluffy's sentiment.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum