Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Premier League clubs agree to cap all away match tickets at £30

+2
Reebok Trotter
Leeds_Trotter
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Away prices at Premier League matches will be capped at £30 for the next three years, after a ground-breaking agreement between clubs confirmed this morning.

What does everyone think of this? In my opinion it is a step in the right direction, however home prices should be capped too. Who in there right mind would play £42 to watch Arsenal at home when they can sit in the away end for £12 less? Anyway, the lower leagues should follow suit with a capped price of £20/£25.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Leeds_Trotter wrote:Away prices at Premier League matches will be capped at £30 for the next three years, after a ground-breaking agreement between clubs confirmed this morning.

What does everyone think of this? In my opinion it is a step in the right direction, however home prices should be capped too. Who in there right mind would play £42 to watch Arsenal at home when they can sit in the away end for £12 less? Anyway, the lower leagues should follow suit with a capped price of £20/£25.

It's brilliant for the fans. I can remember those greedy bastards at London's newly promoted ' Boutique club ' QPR charging us £56 for an away ticket. Arsenal away tickets were about £52 as well. Unfortunately, we at wanderers are not likely to get the benefit of those savings over the next three years.

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

What about the Championship and League One?

Will it still cost £40+ for a ticket to Leeds? Not that that concerns us any more.

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

It's just the prem clubs atm. Hopefully the lower leagues will.follow suit.  But I wouldn't hold my breath.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

£10 to watch Chorley.

Anything over £15 to watch a game of football is ridiculous.

And fifteen quid's stretching it....

It's about a tenner to watch a film at the flicks in the VIP seats.

You can go and watch a live performance of Look Back In Anger at The Octagon for £13.

And if war's your thing, you can spend the whole day enjoying the artefacts at the Imperial War Museum - North at Salford Quays for free.

So why is it ok to charge £40+ to watch 22 millionaires ponce about on a football pitch for 90 minutes.....?

Twenty is plenty

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Thirty is dirty

Fiftys not thrifty

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

40 is naughty

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Gate money is less important to Premiership teams, the could afford to cap all prices at £20 for home and away fans, this is a gesture. For Football League clubs it is a different story, gate money is major contributor to total income.

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Make it £10, Amen!

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:Anything over £15 to watch a game of football is ridiculous.

And fifteen quid's stretching it....

It's about a tenner to watch a film at the flicks in the VIP seats.

You can go and watch a live performance of Look Back In Anger at The Octagon for £13.

And if war's your thing, you can spend the whole day enjoying the artefacts at the Imperial War Museum - North at Salford Quays for free.

So why is it ok to charge £40+ to watch 22 millionaires ponce about on a football pitch for 90 minutes.....?

Totally agree, but fans are to blame for clubs getting away with it. If they voted with their feet the clubs wouldn't be able to get away with the sky high prices.

Armchair fans like yourself should be saluted!

We never win, so it's free to get in!

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Totally agree, but fans are to blame for clubs getting away with it. If they voted with their feet the clubs wouldn't be able to get away with the sky high prices.

Armchair fans like yourself should be saluted!

I know you're taking the piss but there is some truth in what you say.

I stopped enjoying the experience at Bolton under Megson because it was tedious shite which had to be endured, rather than enjoyed.

So I weighed it up and decided it wasn't worth the money.

And I stopped going.

Next season if we've got a team full of players who actually look like they want to be here and they at least try and play football I might start going again.

Boggersbelief wrote:40 is naughty

:clap: couldnt think of one for forty at all Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum