Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Premier League

+12
Bwfc1958
Banks of the Croal
boltonbonce
Boggersbelief
Copper Dragon
Reebok Trotter
aaron_bwfc
wanderlust
B.D.P
scottjames30
bwfc71
Bolton Nuts
16 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 5]

1The Premier League Empty The Premier League Sun Nov 02 2014, 11:11

Bolton Nuts

Admin

I still watch Match of the Day when I get chance and I am finding this season quite enjoyable. Do you still keep track of the Prem or do you just watch Bolton and perhaps other Championship teams?

If you haven't been keeping track of the Premier League here are some interesting things happening at the moment.

• Alan Pardew hasn't been sacked from Newcastle despite them languishing at the bottom of the league most of the season. They have, in the last two weeks, gone on some sort of mega run stringing several wins in a row together. They now sit level on points with Man Utd in the top half. The Newcastle fans now think Pardew is some sort of god again.

• Southampton can't stop winning and are second in the table only to Chelsea and are 5 points clear of Man City. They won against Arsenal recently and thrashed Sunderland 8-0 last week.

• Big Sam's West Ham are level on points with third placed Man City after 4 wins and a draw in their last 5 games. This weekend they came back from 2-0 down to get a point.

• Man Utd are currently on 13 points and have won only 3 games this season despite spending around £200 million on new players. They are only five points above the drop zone and still have to play Man City later today.  

Anyway, that is all...

• Except, Burnley sit bottom of the league with no wins and neither Sordell or the Juke have scored a single goal between them.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

2The Premier League Empty Re: The Premier League Sun Nov 02 2014, 11:43

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Thanks to Sky sports 5 I now get chance to watch my 3rd favourite team every week - Ajax!  They won, last night, 4-0.

As for Premiership I tend to follow Liverpool whilst dad follows his team (scumchester), well he wasn't born in Bolton!

3The Premier League Empty Re: The Premier League Sun Nov 02 2014, 12:27

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I follow Chelsea, we won yesterday but the atmosphere was like the Macron, we're sick of winning same old shit.

Jose Out!!!!!

4The Premier League Empty Re: The Premier League Sun Nov 02 2014, 12:30

B.D.P

B.D.P
David Lee
David Lee

I watch a few live games on sky and motd sometimes.

Not that interested in any team other than BWFC.

5The Premier League Empty Re: The Premier League Sun Nov 02 2014, 12:58

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I thoroughly enjoy the PL and it's been a great season so far although I suspect the usual suspects will be up there at the end. From a purely footballing perspective, Chelsea are in a class of their own so far but City and Liverpool have been shaky and Arsenal, who don't quite have the same resources struggle to get all their better players on the park in the same game due to injuries, but Walcott has finally returned. Loving it so far though as Chelsea apart it's been a bit of a soap opera.
Manc derby should be interesting today as it could go either way.

Southern attitudes towards Allardyce are slowly changing and I heard one or two reluctantly admitting that his sides can play a bit - not that they ever accepted that Okocha, Campo, Hierro, Djorkieff etc were entertainers. How could they be if they played for Bolton?

6The Premier League Empty Re: The Premier League Sun Nov 02 2014, 13:52

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

I still watch quite a lot of the premier league with having Sky Sports but I still think it's rather over rated - the Newcastle and Liverpool game yesterday was fooking terrible, compared to Bournemouth and Brighton later on which was a great game of football.

Their seems to be a lack of world class players in the premier league these days, I was pretty gutted when Suarez left Liverpool because for me he was the last of the really great players in the league.

7The Premier League Empty Re: The Premier League Sun Nov 02 2014, 17:29

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I only watch MOTD. I'm pleasantly surprised at how Southampton and West Ham are performing.

8The Premier League Empty Re: The Premier League Sun Nov 02 2014, 17:37

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok Trotter wrote:I only watch MOTD. I'm pleasantly surprised at how Southampton and West Ham are performing.

I quite like the battle at the other end of the table too as Burnley aside all the other teams keep grabbing the odd win but never consistently enough to get clear. Tend to record it these days so I can skip through the pundits which is a wonderful technological advance.

9The Premier League Empty Re: The Premier League Sun Nov 02 2014, 20:24

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

aaron_bwfc wrote:Their seems to be a lack of world class players in the premier league these days, I was pretty gutted when Suarez left Liverpool because for me he was the last of the really great players in the league.

We've come up against two already in Fabregas and Alexis Sanchez.

10The Premier League Empty Re: The Premier League Sun Nov 02 2014, 20:58

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Copper Dragon wrote:
aaron_bwfc wrote:Their seems to be a lack of world class players in the premier league these days, I was pretty gutted when Suarez left Liverpool because for me he was the last of the really great players in the league.

They only look great when they play the whipping boys of the premiership. When in reality they are just very good players.

11The Premier League Empty Re: The Premier League Sun Nov 02 2014, 21:40

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Boggersbelief wrote:
Copper Dragon wrote:

They only look great when they play the whipping boys of the premiership. When in reality they are just very good players.

I agree, very good players they are but in the same league as Messi, Ronaldo and Bale?

Not for me.

12The Premier League Empty Re: The Premier League Sun Nov 02 2014, 21:55

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Boggersbelief wrote:They only look great when they play the whipping boys of the premiership. When in reality they are just very good players.

Yes I've based my view solely on them playing against us.  Rolling Eyes

13The Premier League Empty Re: The Premier League Sun Nov 02 2014, 21:56

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

aaron_bwfc wrote:
I agree, very good players they are but in the same league as Messi, Ronaldo and Bale?

Not for me.

So in your opinion there are only 4 'world class' players?

14The Premier League Empty Re: The Premier League Sun Nov 02 2014, 21:59

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Well IMO Ronnie, Bale, Messi and Suarez are the best 4 players in the world at the moment, so in a way I would say so.

Their are a lot of very good players, 2 of who you have mentioned above but I wouldn't put either of them in the world class category.

15The Premier League Empty Re: The Premier League Sun Nov 02 2014, 22:07

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

And not one of them play for Germany.  Wink

16The Premier League Empty Re: The Premier League Mon Nov 03 2014, 23:09

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

All the three promoted clubs are in the bottom 3 tonight.

Burnley have played five teams out of the bottom ten... W-0 D-4 L-1 and three of them have been away games.

Keep The Faith  Very Happy

17The Premier League Empty Re: The Premier League Mon Nov 03 2014, 23:20

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Copper Dragon wrote:All the three promoted clubs are in the bottom 3 tonight.

Burnley have played five teams out of the bottom ten... W-0 D-4 L-1 and three of them have been away games.

You think that the location of the games you've played make any difference? You'll still be shit at turf dour

18The Premier League Empty Re: The Premier League Mon Nov 03 2014, 23:39

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Irrelevant IMO. How many £million a game are you making Copper? Something like £3 million if you include the parachute payments to come? 
Gartside would be delighted to lose 8 nil every game if we were getting paid that kind of money. 

Laugh all the way to the Bank...

19The Premier League Empty Re: The Premier League Mon Nov 03 2014, 23:54

This is where things get tricky with the "foreign ownership" thing.

Cardiff were one of the first beneficiaries of the new daft money when they came down last season, but is Tan going to plough it all back in?

Burnley are English owned and you can see why people would be a bit more relaxed about thinking that the money will be reinvested in the club.

We have absolutely no proof that this is the case, but you can see where the xenophobia comes from.

(Mixed a couple of threads there - sorry.)

20The Premier League Empty Re: The Premier League Tue Nov 04 2014, 00:16

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:

Irrelevant IMO. How many £million a game are you making Copper? Something like £3 million if you include the parachute payments to come? 
Gartside would be delighted to lose 8 nil every game if we were getting paid that kind of money. 

Laugh all the way to the Bank...

So it's fine for the team to lose every week just because they're making money that will never affect the fans?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 5]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum