Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Premier League

+12
Bwfc1958
Banks of the Croal
boltonbonce
Boggersbelief
Copper Dragon
Reebok Trotter
aaron_bwfc
wanderlust
B.D.P
scottjames30
bwfc71
Bolton Nuts
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 5]

21The Premier League - Page 2 Empty Re: The Premier League Tue Nov 04 2014, 00:33

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Boggersbelief wrote:
You think that the location of the games you've played make any difference? You'll still be shit at turf dour

Of course the fact that every professional English football club throughout their history have better home records than away records, have no bearing on what I posted.   Rolling Eyes

You don't half post some right tripe Boggers, but you know that anyway.  Rolling Eyes

22The Premier League - Page 2 Empty Re: The Premier League Tue Nov 04 2014, 00:34

No, Boggers, but in theory at least, it makes the club "healthier" in the eyes of the world.

"Maximum Money = Good" in modern football.

The more you have, the better you are.

Burnley are like us - modest sized club, 25,000 max on a good day if there's a fair wind and they're playing a "big" club.

Their natural level (like ours) is bobbing between the Championship and the Prem, with being in the Championship being a more regular occurrence.

All the likes of us, Burnley, Blackburn, Wigan and a whole host of other clubs can ever hope for now is to spend a bit of time in the Prem, make some stupid cash, get relegated and try again the next season.

That's it.

End of.

And it's a precarious existence because it encourages gambling to achieve success.

And if you get it wrong..........

23The Premier League - Page 2 Empty Re: The Premier League Tue Nov 04 2014, 01:37

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Copper Dragon wrote:
Boggersbelief wrote:
You think that the location of the games you've played make any difference? You'll still be shit at turf dour

Of course the fact that every professional English football club throughout their history have better home records than away records, have no bearing on what I posted.   Rolling Eyes

You don't half post some right tripe Boggers, but you know that anyway.  Rolling Eyes

Yes but that particular Burnley side are so out of their depth it's laughable. I'm tempted to put some cash on your team going the whole season without a win

24The Premier League - Page 2 Empty Re: The Premier League Tue Nov 04 2014, 01:49

That's a bit nasty Boggers.

And, indeed, a stupid bet.

The odds are stacked against it coming off.

If you're serious about it, you can stake that tenner that you lost to me last season over some daft "Freedman will come good and be the Messiah" type bet you lost and, I reckon because you went all quiet about it, never actually paid to Help For Heroes (as per our agreement) in a "double or quits" type deal.

If Burnley don't win a game all year, you now donate twenty crisp English pounds to said charity.

Deal?

25The Premier League - Page 2 Empty Re: The Premier League Tue Nov 04 2014, 01:52

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I donated £20 actually. You might not like me but I always keep my word 

Although it's unlikely to happen I do think Burnley have the best chance of becoming the first team to go the season without a win.

26The Premier League - Page 2 Empty Re: The Premier League Tue Nov 04 2014, 02:02

Fair play, I apologise unreservedly.

(You never made it public at the time, so forgive my cynicism.)

The balance of probabilities dictates that they will scuff at least one win in a season of 38 games, so that's why I said it's a daft bet. It will happen at some point, irrespective of how shit they are.)

And I don't dislike you - we had some shit and resolved it like men.

It's all good.

27The Premier League - Page 2 Empty Re: The Premier League Tue Nov 04 2014, 06:24

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Burnley are shit  i'm with Boggers here, well worth a tenner.

Safe bet, unless they get lucky against Villa.

28The Premier League - Page 2 Empty Re: The Premier League Tue Nov 04 2014, 08:47

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:
wanderlust wrote:
Copper Dragon wrote:All the three promoted clubs are in the bottom 3 tonight.

Burnley have played five teams out of the bottom ten... W-0 D-4 L-1 and three of them have been away games.

Keep The Faith  Very Happy
Irrelevant IMO. How many £million a game are you making Copper? Something like £3 million if you include the parachute payments to come? 
Gartside would be delighted to lose 8 nil every game if we were getting paid that kind of money. 

Laugh all the way to the Bank...

So it's fine for the team to lose every week just because they're making money that will never affect the fans?

Of course it's fine if the club is £80 million better off next season with renewed parachute payments in the following years.

Clubs getting promoted have to be very careful about throwing money at premiership survival as history has shown that if it doesn't work out it can take a club years to recover - if they ever do.

By investing the minimum as Burnley have done, they will get a big payout that will put them in a much stronger position next time and if they are lucky enough to survive it's a double payout.

Burnley fans don't really expect to survive - at least the smart ones don't. They just hope it will happen and would see survival as a bonus. If they don't survive they'll have enough dosh to improve things next season and try again from a stronger position.

Smart plan IMO. Think of it as a free bet.

29The Premier League - Page 2 Empty Re: The Premier League Tue Nov 04 2014, 13:41

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:
Boggersbelief wrote:
wanderlust wrote:
Copper Dragon wrote:All the three promoted clubs are in the bottom 3 tonight.

Burnley have played five teams out of the bottom ten... W-0 D-4 L-1 and three of them have been away games.

Keep The Faith  Very Happy
Irrelevant IMO. How many £million a game are you making Copper? Something like £3 million if you include the parachute payments to come? 
Gartside would be delighted to lose 8 nil every game if we were getting paid that kind of money. 

Laugh all the way to the Bank...

So it's fine for the team to lose every week just because they're making money that will never affect the fans?

Of course it's fine if the club is £80 million better off next season with renewed parachute payments in the following years.

Clubs getting promoted have to be very careful about throwing money at premiership survival as history has shown that if it doesn't work out it can take a club years to recover - if they ever do.

By investing the minimum as Burnley have done, they will get a big  payout that will put them in a much stronger position next time and if they are lucky enough to survive it's a double payout.

Burnley fans don't really expect to survive - at least the smart ones don't. They just hope it will happen and would see survival as a bonus. If they don't survive they'll have enough dosh to improve things next season and try again from a stronger position.

Smart plan IMO. Think of it as a free bet.

Burnley don't spend money, their owner is just as tight as blackpools.

So the Burnley fans will have to endure a torrid season without hope of the board investing any money.

30The Premier League - Page 2 Empty Re: The Premier League Tue Nov 04 2014, 20:12

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Boggersbelief wrote:Burnley don't spend money, their owner is just as tight as blackpools.

So the Burnley fans will have to endure a torrid season without hope of the board investing any money.

Firstly we don't have an 'owner', we have two chairmen and a board of directors who are all Burnley fans of 40 years plus.

Secondly is Eddie Davies being tight seeing as Bolton have had to get one forward on loan and another from Crewe, or do you think there may be a different reason for that? 

Maybe Burnley are running their business like that which is befitting of a small club in a small populated town. All clubs can spend money that they don't have.

31The Premier League - Page 2 Empty Re: The Premier League Sat Nov 08 2014, 16:52

scottjames30 wrote:Burnley are shit  i'm with Boggers here, well worth a tenner.

Safe bet, unless they get lucky against Villa.

:whistle:

32The Premier League - Page 2 Empty Re: The Premier League Sat Nov 08 2014, 17:55

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I can't believe it, Hull are super shit if they can't beat that lot.

33The Premier League - Page 2 Empty Re: The Premier League Sat Nov 08 2014, 19:06

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

City are shit again.

34The Premier League - Page 2 Empty Re: The Premier League Sat Nov 08 2014, 19:33

Apropos of nothing in particular, I've just read a comment on another site which referred to Rio Fredinand as "that camel-mouthed twat."

And I pissed my sides because it's true:

Here's Rio:

The Premier League - Page 2 Dsc_0009

And here's a random camel:

The Premier League - Page 2 Ferdinand-rio-qpr_3203265

35The Premier League - Page 2 Empty Re: The Premier League Sat Nov 08 2014, 20:11

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

BOOM

BOOM

BOOM BOOM

:party:

36The Premier League - Page 2 Empty Re: The Premier League Sat Nov 08 2014, 20:18

Thankyou, John Lee Hooker.......

37The Premier League - Page 2 Empty Re: The Premier League Sat Nov 08 2014, 20:29

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The Premier League - Page 2 30873_129014707121564_6013851_nThe Premier League - Page 2 30873_129014610454907_2100889_n

38The Premier League - Page 2 Empty Re: The Premier League Sat Nov 08 2014, 20:30

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The Premier League - Page 2 Ronaldo3

39The Premier League - Page 2 Empty Re: The Premier League Sat Nov 08 2014, 23:53

Banks of the Croal

Banks of the Croal
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Don't watch it anymore, only team i'm interested in is Bolton.

Maybe it's something to do with when we were in the Prem. we only got the Scrag end of the Programme.

Sooner watch us live and go through motions, of being glad or pissed off.

40The Premier League - Page 2 Empty Re: The Premier League Sun Nov 09 2014, 18:44

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

Newcastle wins again. Alan pardew - hero, tosser, great manager, dickhead, amazing, shitbag. Newcastle fans may as well lay off the guy they can't make their bloody mind up.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum