Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Will They Wont They?

+12
Natasha Whittam
doffcocker
scottjames30
Jack Russell
luckyPeterpiper
Numpty 28723
wanderlust
Bwfc1958
NickFazer
Boggersbelief
Norpig
wessy
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

21Will They Wont They? - Page 2 Empty Re: Will They Wont They? Sat Apr 23 2016, 12:51

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Bwfc1958 wrote:
NickFazer wrote:I have stayed last couple of seasons, after all it is the end of the season and it is a sporting occasion at the end of the day. These things are always a little difficult after a season as disappointing as this one has been and although I think even this bunch could have performed better than they have we are being relegated because every season there has been less investment and a poorer squad.
You can't honestly tell me you'll be stood there at the end of the game giving them a round of applause? 

Bloody nutter!

No I won't be applauding them, I'll be on my toes as soon
as soon as the whistle goes along with everyone else.

22Will They Wont They? - Page 2 Empty Re: Will They Wont They? Sat Apr 23 2016, 13:19

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bwfc1958 wrote:
Breadman wrote:Being a fellow fully paid up member of the BWFC Armchair Supporters Association, I generally agree with most things you write on here, Lusty, but I can't on this one.

If you're being paid handsomely to play professional football (note the "professional" bit) and you're a part of the team which has delivered one of the worst seasons in the club's long history, ultimately resulting in relegation, you need to be accountable for your role therein.

And if the club's fans showing their displeasure at all this causes you to go into a depressive funk and does anything other than galvanise you into doing better in future......

......you can fuck right off and play for somebody else in my book.

I know that everybody's different and the art of management is all about knowing your team and working out what motivates them, but you've got to draw the line somewhere and anybody who would be seriously affected by a few fans sodding off without cheering them and saying thanks for getting relegated clearly hasn't got the moral fibre to compete in the rough, tough world of pro sport.

They're footballers, not fucking concert pianists.

In fact, look at the bloke in my Avi.

Do you think he'd be out there expecting to be thanked by his adoring public after a season like we've just had?

Would he fuck.

He'd be issuing a full page apology in the BN and promising to make amends.

We need more of that, not more pandering to our bunch of clueless twats.

And thinking about it, saying "Aw, never mind...well done, anyway" to the young players could actually do more harm than good because it creates this idea that seasons like this one are in some way acceptable.

Which they're fucking not. Obviously.....
Spot on Breaders.
So you are saying that the reason that these players got us relegated was not because they weren't good enough? Weird that because you've been saying they're not good enough and lack quality all season.

I think they weren't anywhere near good enough which obviously isn't their fault. They are what they are - which may poor in professional footballing terms but I think it's wrong to snub them just because they couldn't perform miracles.

23Will They Wont They? - Page 2 Empty Re: Will They Wont They? Sat Apr 23 2016, 13:40

They're not good enough to win things but they should all be capable enough of doing the basics correctly.

And if they'd done that consistently, we may not have gone down.

24Will They Wont They? - Page 2 Empty Re: Will They Wont They? Sat Apr 23 2016, 13:55

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

wanderlust wrote:
Bwfc1958 wrote:
Breadman wrote:Being a fellow fully paid up member of the BWFC Armchair Supporters Association, I generally agree with most things you write on here, Lusty, but I can't on this one.

If you're being paid handsomely to play professional football (note the "professional" bit) and you're a part of the team which has delivered one of the worst seasons in the club's long history, ultimately resulting in relegation, you need to be accountable for your role therein.

And if the club's fans showing their displeasure at all this causes you to go into a depressive funk and does anything other than galvanise you into doing better in future......

......you can fuck right off and play for somebody else in my book.

I know that everybody's different and the art of management is all about knowing your team and working out what motivates them, but you've got to draw the line somewhere and anybody who would be seriously affected by a few fans sodding off without cheering them and saying thanks for getting relegated clearly hasn't got the moral fibre to compete in the rough, tough world of pro sport.

They're footballers, not fucking concert pianists.

In fact, look at the bloke in my Avi.

Do you think he'd be out there expecting to be thanked by his adoring public after a season like we've just had?

Would he fuck.

He'd be issuing a full page apology in the BN and promising to make amends.

We need more of that, not more pandering to our bunch of clueless twats.

And thinking about it, saying "Aw, never mind...well done, anyway" to the young players could actually do more harm than good because it creates this idea that seasons like this one are in some way acceptable.

Which they're fucking not. Obviously.....
Spot on Breaders.
So you are saying that the reason that these players got us relegated was not because they weren't good enough? Weird that because you've been saying they're not good enough and lack quality all season.

I think they weren't anywhere near good enough which obviously isn't their fault. They are what they are - which may poor in professional footballing terms but I think it's wrong to snub them just because they couldn't perform miracles.
I don't think getting more than four wins out of them could be considered a miracle. Those players are good enough not to have been relegated by an embarrassing margin, they just haven't performed anywhere near the standards they are capable of. As individuals they are better than what they've shown. As a team they are pathetic. Even if you want to argue that they aren't better than what they've shown and they are a completely shit bunch, it doesn't change the fact that they haven't given everything in terms of effort and commitment, which is the minimum you would expect. If they can't be arsed to give it their all, why should people stay behind and applaud them?

25Will They Wont They? - Page 2 Empty Re: Will They Wont They? Sun Apr 24 2016, 10:40

Jack Russell

Jack Russell
David Lee
David Lee

Bwfc1958 wrote:
NickFazer wrote:I have stayed last couple of seasons, after all it is the end of the season and it is a sporting occasion at the end of the day. These things are always a little difficult after a season as disappointing as this one has been and although I think even this bunch could have performed better than they have we are being relegated because every season there has been less investment and a poorer squad.
You can't honestly tell me you'll be stood there at the end of the game giving them a round of applause? 

Bloody nutter!
That will mean I will have to stay as you are driving Very Happy

26Will They Wont They? - Page 2 Empty Re: Will They Wont They? Sun Apr 24 2016, 15:11

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Unless we get the bus and go on the piss :drink:

27Will They Wont They? - Page 2 Empty Re: Will They Wont They? Mon Apr 25 2016, 20:28

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think they should do a lap of honour, this bunch of players would love just to fuck off at FT.
Let's shame them into it.

28Will They Wont They? - Page 2 Empty Re: Will They Wont They? Wed Apr 27 2016, 17:45

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Sometimes - especially when you've shelled out a few quid on a team - you just need to vent.

Yes the squad is poor. But that's only been half the problem at most. The rest has just been a complete lack of focus and interest. Half the goals we've conceded this season have come from at least two defenders just being stood still, not really giving a shit. Then you've got the likes of Madine and Silva who have just been like spoilt little boys from day one.

It's been a complete shambles of a season and I don't think a loud chorus of "you're not fit to wear the shirt" would be uncalled for.

29Will They Wont They? - Page 2 Empty Re: Will They Wont They? Wed Apr 27 2016, 18:54

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Anyone who claps these twats should hang their head in shame.

There is simply no good argument for anything but a chorus of boos and a few coins aimed in their direction.

30Will They Wont They? - Page 2 Empty Re: Will They Wont They? Wed Apr 27 2016, 19:29

Fabians Right Peg

Fabians Right Peg
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Natasha Whittam wrote:Anyone who claps these twats should hang their head in shame.

There is simply no good argument for anything but a chorus of boos and a few coins aimed in their direction.

I will suggest it to my 11 year old, however if she wants to clap and show her appreciation for the effort, what little there has been, who am I to tell her or others what to do, or judge their actions.

31Will They Wont They? - Page 2 Empty Re: Will They Wont They? Wed Apr 27 2016, 19:32

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Fabians Right Peg wrote:
I will suggest it to my 11 year old, however if she wants to clap and show her appreciation for the effort, what little there has been, who am I to tell her or others what to do, or judge their actions.

You're a parent, you're supposed to guide your children and help them learn the difference between right and wrong.

If you let her clap these ponces you're sending out totally the wrong message and she'll grow up with the sole ambition of bedding a footballer.

32Will They Wont They? - Page 2 Empty Re: Will They Wont They? Wed Apr 27 2016, 19:40

Fabians Right Peg

Fabians Right Peg
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Natasha Whittam wrote:
If you let her clap these ponces you're sending out totally the wrong message and she'll grow up with the sole ambition of bedding a footballer.
I let her make her own decisions, at times this season she has been as vocal as most of the fans around us in letting the players know they are not good enough, however, like all fans we have our differences of opinion.

I will not let her clap, I will let her choose what she wants to do, I doubt very much it will influence her or shape her ambitions in any way.

She already knows that she wants to be a ninja.   :ninja:

33Will They Wont They? - Page 2 Empty Re: Will They Wont They? Thu Apr 28 2016, 18:19

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Tweet from Iles -

No Megson-style shut-in for #bwfc on Saturday - they will be made to acknowledge fans win, lose or draw against Hull City. And rightly so.

34Will They Wont They? - Page 2 Empty Re: Will They Wont They? Thu Apr 28 2016, 18:25

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i'm sure i read something earlier from JP saying there would be no lap of honour as it hasn't been a season worth honouring, they can do what they like for me, i don't care i'm going at the final whistle

35Will They Wont They? - Page 2 Empty Re: Will They Wont They? Thu Apr 28 2016, 18:46

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:i'm sure i read something earlier from JP saying there would be no lap of honour as it hasn't been a season worth honouring, they can do what they like for me, i don't care i'm going at the final whistle

I've just changed £500 in notes for 2 pence coins.

36Will They Wont They? - Page 2 Empty Re: Will They Wont They? Thu Apr 28 2016, 18:50

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Norpig wrote:i'm sure i read something earlier from JP saying there would be no lap of honour as it hasn't been a season worth honouring, they can do what they like for me, i don't care i'm going at the final whistle

Very Happy

37Will They Wont They? - Page 2 Empty Re: Will They Wont They? Thu Apr 28 2016, 18:50

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:

They're more than 2p now Nat.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

38Will They Wont They? - Page 2 Empty Re: Will They Wont They? Thu Apr 28 2016, 18:54

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:

They're more than 2p now Nat.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
:rofl:

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum