Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ebay

+6
Lard Lad
Leeds_Trotter
rammywhite
boltonbonce
Natasha Whittam
karlypants
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Ebay Empty Ebay Sun May 01 2016, 19:14

Ive spent the day today listing a load of stuff on the huge online carboot that is ebay.  And just like its real life version, the proper carboot, people are pissing me off.

All in all ive put about 450 quids worth of stuff on.  All old computer games, mainly.

I checked how much everything has sold for (not just listed for) and i put it on with a "buy it now" of the average.  Even though my stuff is usually in pristine condition and i might get a bit more than the average.

Anyway, 4 different items i have received messages on asking me to sell them for half the listed price.  One of these is a pretty rare game that is up for 40 quid and they want it for twenty even though some have gone for 55.

Anyway, ive taken to just responding to these now with just 3 letters......."LOL" 

Does anybody else use ebay?  Ive not used it like this for a while and im starting to regret it already.

2Ebay Empty Re: Ebay Sun May 01 2016, 19:19

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I use Ebay a lot.

Some tips...

ALWAYS get a free proof of postage if sending items with Royal Mail where the item you are selling is worth up to 20 quid.  After that you should send via registered mail (e.g signed for so you cover your ass).

Collect+ is cheaper if you are selling items that are a bit heavier and bulky.

Only ever post to the Paypal address no matter what.

Ignore the chancers that you have already experienced.

Always cash on collection and never accept paypal this way!

3Ebay Empty Re: Ebay Sun May 01 2016, 19:30

Cheers kp.

I used to sell loads on ebay.  My old business ebay account had over 100k feedback.  But ive not used it for ages and the people are just pissing me off already.

4Ebay Empty Re: Ebay Sun May 01 2016, 19:38

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Unfortunately, ebay now are more focused towards the buyer and it has become a scammers paradise when buying items that haven't been posted with trackable means or with a signature on delivery for example and then opening up item not received claims.

I sold some spark plugs for a vintage car the other day and I upgraded the postage to 1st class for free at the buyers request.

He then decided to tell me they were damaged when they were not and wanted a partial refund back.

Why would anyone want a partial refund for a damaged item they cannot use? I would be asking for a full refund.

I ignored his request as it was obvious he just wanted a discount so the fuck face left me my very first negative.

You have to be wary about buyers on ebay now.

There is a fantastic sub forum on MSE regarding ebay if you ever need help and advice here...

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40

What did you used to sell on ebay?

5Ebay Empty Re: Ebay Sun May 01 2016, 19:51

Funny you should start this thread today, Johnny, because I've just finished opening my first ever complaint with Ebay.

I bought one of those gimp snorkelling masks I mentioned a while ago and it doesn't fit properly, so I want to send it back.

Sadly, in my eagerness to purchase it, I didn't really look at the seller's details and it turns out it's some Chinese guy with a frankly paltry positive feedback score of only 92%.

We've had a conversation via email for about a week, which has largely consisted of him repeatedly asking me for "photo of item show clear fault problems" and me telling him to fuck off.

I did send him a photo of me wearing the mask with my finger shoved through the gap between it and my face but that doesn't appear to be enough for him, hence his repeated insistence that I "sending more photo pics to enable speedy resolution happiness" and me eventually resorting to telling him to fuck off.

It's in Ebay's hands now but I'm not holding my breath.

6Ebay Empty Re: Ebay Sun May 01 2016, 19:54

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:Funny you should start this thread today, Johnny, because I've just finished opening my first ever complaint with Ebay.

I bought one of those gimp snorkelling masks I mentioned a while ago and it doesn't fit properly, so I want to send it back.

Sadly, in my eagerness to purchase it, I didn't really look at the seller's details and it turns out it's some Chinese guy with a frankly paltry positive feedback score of only 92%.

We've had a conversation via email for about a week, which has largely consisted of him repeatedly asking me for "photo of item show clear fault problems" and me telling him to fuck off.

I did send him a photo of me wearing the mask with my finger shoved through the gap between it and my face but that doesn't appear to be enough for him, hence his repeated insistence that I "sending more photo pics to enable speedy resolution happiness" and me eventually resorting to telling him to fuck off.

Have you opened up one of those requests?

Ebay will tell you to send the item back and will have to be via registered means to get your refund or it will go in the sellers favour!

7Ebay Empty Re: Ebay Sun May 01 2016, 20:04

I owe ebay/paypal £1200 so stopped using it.

8Ebay Empty Re: Ebay Sun May 01 2016, 20:06

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Barb Dwyer wrote:I owe ebay/paypal £1200 so stopped using it.
Did you get duped when selling a high value item?

9Ebay Empty Re: Ebay Sun May 01 2016, 20:09

Cheers kp i will have a look at that.  When i was 19 i ised to sell quite a lot on there.  It was all designer fragrances and cosmetics and jewellery like clarins and stuff. All legit from a wholesaler but then everyone started doing it.  We made a fortune on there for a few years but it just got saturated.  Its now more of a hobby.  Going round car boots for retro games and stuff.  Only problem is ive only just started parting with some of it much to my chargrin.  I love retro video games and stuff.

Once went to a car boot and asked a bloke how much he was selling his boxed mario world snes system for in mint condition.  He told me a fiver and it was mine.  Fair enough, i had the exact same one at home and knew it was worth 90 (at the time, about 150 now) so bought it and flogged it the same afternoon.

10Ebay Empty Re: Ebay Sun May 01 2016, 20:10

Breadman wrote:Funny you should start this thread today, Johnny, because I've just finished opening my first ever complaint with Ebay.

I only buy stuff from the uk now. Had so many problems with stuff especially from China

11Ebay Empty Re: Ebay Sun May 01 2016, 20:14

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

y2johnny wrote:

Anyway, 4 different items i have received messages on asking me to sell them for half the listed price.  One of these is a pretty rare game that is up for 40 quid and they want it for twenty even though some have gone for 55.

I'm always on eBay looking for rare CDs. It's amazing how many sellers will let stuff go for next to nothing because they don't realise what they have. So if someone is selling a CD for £10 I'll always offer £5. You'd be amazed at how many people will accept.

12Ebay Empty Re: Ebay Sun May 01 2016, 20:16

karlypants wrote:
Barb Dwyer wrote:I owe ebay/paypal £1200 so stopped using it.
Did you get duped when selling a high value item?
Used to buy and sell quite a lot but Ebay doesn't listen to complaints so got kind of pissed off with them.

They used to have a thing on paypal when you buy an item, they send the money to the person and take the money out your account by direct debit. I bought a car for £1200, they sent the money to the person I got the car and then closed my bank account so they couldn't take the money. That was about 5 year ago and not heard anything off them since.

13Ebay Empty Re: Ebay Sun May 01 2016, 20:28

karlypants wrote:
Have you opened up one of those requests?

Ebay will tell you to send the item back and will have to be via registered means to get your refund or it will go in the sellers favour!

I've emailed them and asked them to tell the prick to give me my money back.

14Ebay Empty Re: Ebay Sun May 01 2016, 20:29

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I only buy. There were no takers for my Brucie stuff.

Plenty of BW stuff on there. Had a few bargains.

15Ebay Empty Re: Ebay Sun May 01 2016, 20:31

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:

If you paid by credit card through Paypal you can reverse the transaction and get your cash back without the hassle of dealing with eBay.

16Ebay Empty Re: Ebay Sun May 01 2016, 21:27

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Breadman wrote:

If you paid by credit card through Paypal you can reverse the transaction and get your cash back without the hassle of dealing with eBay.
A good point that.

17Ebay Empty Re: Ebay Sun May 01 2016, 21:50

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Never used it and, frankly, reading what's in this thread it seems to be more trouble than its worth- so I won't ever be using it

18Ebay Empty Re: Ebay Sun May 01 2016, 22:02

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

rammywhite wrote:Never used it and, frankly, reading what's in this thread it seems to be more trouble than its worth- so I won't ever be using it

You're missing out. Just have a flick through and laugh at some of the things people try to sell.

19Ebay Empty Re: Ebay Sun May 01 2016, 22:20

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Anyone selling an N64 at all?

20Ebay Empty Re: Ebay Sun May 01 2016, 22:39

Leeds_Trotter wrote:Anyone selling an N64 at all?

Keeping mine. 

In the loft i have

Atari st
Sinclair zx
Nes
Snes
N64
Gamecube
Wii
Mastersystem
Megadrive
32x