Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Wanderers supporters' trust in safe hands as Bridge takes the reins

+5
BoltonTillIDie
boltonbonce
King Bill
Sluffy
Norpig
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You set sail with Capt Sluffy on the noon tide. They're taking Breadman for ballast. Very Happy

http://www.ebay.com/bhp/whaling-harpoon

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Whales are my friend not my enemy

Supporters - Wanderers supporters' trust in safe hands as Bridge takes the reins - Page 2 32332610

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Good. We can expect your tenner shortly? Very Happy

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

It's in the post

25Supporters - Wanderers supporters' trust in safe hands as Bridge takes the reins - Page 2 Empty TEMP Thu Jun 09 2016, 16:31

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

After discussions with Electoral Reform Services, the EMG can confirm that the deadline for registering as a BWFCST member to take part in voting in the forthcoming election has been extended until 27 June 2016.

The registration deadline for members to stand for election remains at 30 May 2016, therefore and members registering between 31 May and 27 June 2016 will only be eligible to vote but not stand for a board position.

This extension has been negotiated with Election Reform Services in order to allow those supporters joining the Trust since the expiration of the original deadline an opportunity to vote in the election.

ie, Shit ! We've hardly any members.....

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

If I stand will you all join and vote for me, I have to be better than this 

Supporters - Wanderers supporters' trust in safe hands as Bridge takes the reins - Page 2 Ian-br10

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Seems an extremely unusual thing to do to me.

The deadline for registration had already been extended a couple of times before but I've never known an extension to be given retrospectively AFTER a deadline has been passed (30th May)!

It's hard to imagine they've had a flood of new members AFTER the 30th May and even if they had why extend the new deadline for a further three weeks in advance of todays date to the 27th June - does anyone honestly think there is still a queue of folks wanting to join?

I know I was ridiculed at the time but I strongly suspect the real reason is to put more time between the Legends game (10th May) and the last possible time to register to vote in the election to take into account the 'purdah' effect of people joining the trust on the back of a popular event run by people who most likely will be standing for election at the AGM.

If anyone wants again to ridicule me then please do but with one small proviso - I would be interested to be made aware of any other time any election has had an registration deadline extension AFTER the date previously declared and adhered to.

I've never heard of anything like this happening before apart from if there is some technical problem like a computer breaking down on the registration deadline date and even then the extension granted is usually for a day or so - not a MONTH!

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I truly don't understand this myself sluffy but think the 'purdah' effect of the Legends game would largely have worn off by now. In fact the extension for new members may turn out to be a double edged sword for Ian Bridge and the rest of the steering group. I notice they say new members can vote and I suspect more of them have the sort of reservations I do about the group's conduct to date than Bridge and his fellows might believe.

One thing I am certain of is that the statement from Mr Hurst about being too busy to continue because he's the Captain of his local Golf Club is utter bovine faecal matter.

I think you're right, he got 'shunted' into the shadows very soon after the steering group was formed, probably almost immediately upon it becoming clear they wouldn't get preferred bidder status no matter what 'suggestions' Mr Birch had made. Either that or he decided that the rest of the group were letting their ego's run so rampant he saw no way to reign them in and no point in continuing to put himself through that sort of hassle so stepped aside himself.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

luckyPeterpiper wrote:I truly don't understand this myself sluffy but think the 'purdah' effect of the Legends game would largely have worn off by now. In fact the extension for new members may turn out to be a double edged sword for Ian Bridge and the rest of the steering group. I notice they say new members can vote and I suspect more of them have the sort of reservations I do about the group's conduct to date than Bridge and his fellows might believe.

Peter that is the very point of the extension I believe.

Purdah is to stop people doing deliberately intentionally high profile 'beneficial' things just ahead of a called election as most people will simply remember that most that when they are casting their vote.

I'm not saying the Steering Group deliberately set out to be underhanded or anything but to have the Legends game directly after the election had been called and before it took place would create a bias (unconscious or not) in many peoples mind when choosing who to vote for given that they may not know anything about any of the candidates other than some put on the legends game and some didn't which may very well have a bearing on how they would vote.

To put another month in terms of registration will in some way help to diminish that effect.  I honestly don't think there is a massive queue of people who 'just' missed the last deadline (Christ it was extended enough times already previously), nor can think of any other reason for this retrospective MONTH extension to a deadline that has already passed other than to allow as you say for people less likely to vote for any of the Steering Group members standing on the back of the 'feel good' factor from the Legends game - a cooling off period if you like.

I personally don't think it will effect the outcome of the elections as I believe too many belligerent people have already been attracted to the stance that the Steering Group has both unfortunately and unnecessarily taken to date and will vote their Steering Group hero's who stand in en masse.

I personally believe the attitude of the ST will be the same as that of the Steering Group to Anderson and Holdsworth to date and will continue in that vein for as long as those who set this tone hold power.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

whatsgoingon wrote:If I stand will you all join and vote for me, I have to be better than this 

Supporters - Wanderers supporters' trust in safe hands as Bridge takes the reins - Page 2 Ian-br10
you can count on my vote  cheers

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'd have voted for you Wots,until this pic of you on the beach came to my attention. Shocked

Supporters - Wanderers supporters' trust in safe hands as Bridge takes the reins - Page 2 A15f4605405df76eacd93dbe9cca121d

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

boltonbonce wrote:I'd have voted for you Wots,until this pic of you on the beach came to my attention. Shocked

Supporters - Wanderers supporters' trust in safe hands as Bridge takes the reins - Page 2 A15f4605405df76eacd93dbe9cca121d
In fairness bonce I've shaved today so if anyone can photoshop the facial hair and possibly the sunglasses and hat off my campaign picture I'd be very grateful

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Trust me Wots,the facial hair,hat and sunglasses are the least of your worries. Razz

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

boltonbonce wrote:Trust me Wots,the facial hair,hat and sunglasses are the least of your worries. Razz
Shit I was banking on your vote boncey, I thought we were kindred spirits

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

whatsgoingon wrote:
boltonbonce wrote:Trust me Wots,the facial hair,hat and sunglasses are the least of your worries. Razz
You've got my vote mate,but let's just say you need everything safely gathered in. If you catch my drift. Very Happy

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

boltonbonce wrote:
whatsgoingon wrote:
You've got my vote mate,but let's just say you need everything safely gathered in. If you catch my drift. Very Happy
Appreciate the vote and sound advice, I may need a campaign manager, it's between you and moby dick

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The trouble is that you need to safely secure your moby dick when in transit!

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Razz

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum