Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

How well do you take the "banter"?

+11
Sluffy
Hipster_Nebula
TheHateCamel
Keegan
Reebok Trotter
largehat
Angry Dad
Numpty 28723
bwfc71
Reebok_Rebel
doffcocker
15 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1How well do you take the "banter"? Empty How well do you take the "banter"? Tue Jul 03 2012, 13:05

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I was on my way back to my hotel last night wearing my Wanderers away shirt after a couple of lagers, when two little bastards walking on the other side of the road with cockney accents aged 16-18 that I could have battered simultaneously with my hands behind my back if I'd thought it wise began to chant "Going down, going down, going down!"

Being the least defensive supporter of his own team in the world, particularly in the season just gone, I enjoy criticism from neutrals about what a bag of shite we are. I just miss the point of mindless "banter" regarding such. It neither offends nor entertains me. The game afterall has a habit of coming back round to bite people in the arse.

How have you handled the stick following relegation?

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

doffcocker wrote:I was on my way back to my hotel last night wearing my Wanderers away shirt after a couple of lagers, when two little bastards walking on the other side of the road with cockney accents aged 16-18 that I could have battered simultaneously with my hands behind my back if I'd thought it wise began to chant "Going down, going down, going down!"

Being the least defensive supporter of his own team in the world, particularly in the season just gone, I enjoy criticism from neutrals about what a bag of shite we are. I just miss the point of mindless "banter" regarding such. It neither offends nor entertains me. The game afterall has a habit of coming back round to bite people in the arse.

I would have called them cocky glory hunting Chelsea rent boys ( I assume they 'supported' Chelsea or some other 'big' club...maybe even the scum) and told them to fuck off.

any reaction would have been met with a reaction greater than the sum total of theirs... Wink

I dont take people slagging off MY team very well, especially fans of the so called 'big' clubs.

I and the fellow members of the 'Bolton Family' are allowed to slag them off though...

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Reebok_Rebel wrote:I dont take people slagging off MY team very well, especially fans of the so called 'big' clubs.

I and the fellow members of the 'Bolton Family' are allowed to slag them off though...

I am exactly the same..... (especially those so called fans of Arsenal and Scum who have never even been to a match)

Numpty 28723

Numpty 28723
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

doffcocker wrote:I was on my way back to my hotel last night wearing my Wanderers away shirt after a couple of lagers, when two little bastards walking on the other side of the road with cockney accents aged 16-18 that I could have battered simultaneously with my hands behind my back if I'd thought it wise began to chant "Going down, going down, going down!"

Supporting Bolton can make you a bit paranoid at times - did it occur to you that their chants weren't aimed at you at all but they were just giving each other blow jobs?

Personally I'm still in a state of shock following relegation so I've not really registered anything that anyone's said to me since 13th May. Crying or Very sad

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

I can honestly say i have not had any.

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I haven't worn a football shirt, unless attending a game, since I was a teenager.

If I am in Bolton or Bury and I see a middle aged man in a Man United shirt, I think they look ridiculous.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

James Martin took the piss out of us on his Sunday cooking show last weekend. The words seven nil were mentioned and he said that seven nil sounded like a Bolton score. I nearly threw my tofu at the TV screen.

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

James Martin can go and do one.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He's from North Yorkshire so he probably supports Leeds.

10How well do you take the "banter"? Empty Re: How well do you take the "banter"? Tue Jul 03 2012, 21:27

TheHateCamel

TheHateCamel
David Lee
David Lee

James martin was paid a small fortune by Bolton council to appear and cook at the Bolton Food and Drink festival the last few years. You'd think the chubby grinning git would avoid biting the hand that feeds. Especially considering how much he must spend keeping his fat hippo of a missus in gateaux.

11How well do you take the "banter"? Empty Re: How well do you take the "banter"? Tue Jul 03 2012, 22:01

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Reebok Trotter wrote:James Martin took the piss out of us on his Sunday cooking show last weekend. The words seven nil were mentioned and he said that seven nil sounded like a Bolton score. I nearly threw my tofu at the TV screen.

Thankfully that Sunday show is only a repeat, which I don't watch as I tend watch the sequel to Something For The Weekend, which is far superior ,with Tim "Chelsea" Lovejoy and Simon "Liverpool" Rimmer who just seems to take the piss out of each others teams and is funny to watch - Sunday Brunch on Channel 4!!!!!

12How well do you take the "banter"? Empty Re: How well do you take the "banter"? Tue Jul 03 2012, 22:17

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I've been to Simon Rimmer's restaurant in Didsbury. It's predominantly vegetarian but with the advent of Qorn you really can't tell the difference.

13How well do you take the "banter"? Empty Re: How well do you take the "banter"? Tue Jul 03 2012, 23:32

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I don't get any "banter" because everyone i talk to is a Celtic/Hearts/Hibs/Rangers fan.

14How well do you take the "banter"? Empty Re: How well do you take the "banter"? Tue Jul 03 2012, 23:34

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

No Aberdeen fans?

(only joking!)

15How well do you take the "banter"? Empty Re: How well do you take the "banter"? Tue Jul 03 2012, 23:49

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

My old boss was a part time Aberdeen fan but a lot of people up here support English teams "as well"

16How well do you take the "banter"? Empty Re: How well do you take the "banter"? Wed Jul 04 2012, 08:59

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

largehat wrote:I haven't worn a football shirt, unless attending a game, since I was a teenager.

If I am in Bolton or Bury and I see a middle aged man in a Man United shirt, I think they look ridiculous.

wherever i go in the world I think they look ridiculous

17How well do you take the "banter"? Empty Re: How well do you take the "banter"? Wed Jul 04 2012, 09:26

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Reebok_Rebel wrote:
largehat wrote:I haven't worn a football shirt, unless attending a game, since I was a teenager.

I pick on United shirts, but I shouldn't really. Whenever I see a football shirt on a middle aged bloke, unless they're on their way to or from a game or watching a game in the pub, at a push, I just think they look like a knob and wonder why they haven't got anything else to wear.

In fact I wonder why I am bothered about having one of the new Adidas shirts, I never wear BWFC to away games (not worth the hassle), so I'm talking about an item of clothing that will cost 45 quid and I will wear for about 3-4 hours maybe 20 times.

18How well do you take the "banter"? Empty Re: How well do you take the "banter"? Wed Jul 04 2012, 10:50

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

largehat wrote:
Reebok_Rebel wrote:

I pick on United shirts, but I shouldn't really. Whenever I see a football shirt on a middle aged bloke, unless they're on their way to or from a game or watching a game in the pub, at a push, I just think they look like a knob and wonder why they haven't got anything else to wear.

In fact I wonder why I am bothered about having one of the new Adidas shirts, I never wear BWFC to away games (not worth the hassle), so I'm talking about an item of clothing that will cost 45 quid and I will wear for about 3-4 hours maybe 20 times.

I just dont wear colours full stop...

you have to find a balance, especially at away games - dress like a 'casual' but not a 'hooligan' (Ie no Burburry and Stone island/CP Company shit) and you cant go wrong...

weekend offender is a class brand on the terraces at the min.

I love terrace fashion...

19How well do you take the "banter"? Empty Re: How well do you take the "banter"? Wed Jul 04 2012, 17:48

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I wear my shirt, and don't give a shit. Coz I'm an old fart(ish), I usually tend to wear a jacket/coat, so if there is trouble I just button up and carry on.

20How well do you take the "banter"? Empty Re: How well do you take the "banter"? Wed Jul 04 2012, 20:11

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

I'd happily wear a Bolton replica shirt on match days, as casual wear, whatever. That's one of the advantages to living in a free society - you can do something when and wherever you choose, as long as it is legal. If I wear one and someone gives me grief, I'd probably call them a cunting plastic fan and ask them to bugger off.

But that's just me.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum