Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

A Genuine Question for Brexit Fans

+14
wessy
NickFazer
scottjames30
boltonbonce
Copper Dragon
Hipster_Nebula
Mr Magoo
karlypants
Soul Kitchen
okocha
gloswhite
wanderlust
Boggersbelief
xmiles
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 6]

41brexit - A Genuine Question for Brexit Fans - Page 3 Empty Re: A Genuine Question for Brexit Fans Sun Jun 26 2016, 09:49

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Soul Kitchen wrote:
scottjames30 wrote:I think the majority of the country voted out due to the fact that if we stayed in the EU, they'd be more folk coming from all parts of Europe (interbreeding) us British out, then in 20 years time we'd be a minority in our own country, plus we are a strong enough country to be on our own, we can do what we think is right for us now, instead of trying not to upset the rest of the countries.

I strongly believe that in a couple of years ( after the scaremongering stops ) we'd be in a better situation . And I don't regret one bit about voting out, fuck the people that their only interest was to retire to Spain , it's not about them dicks, it's about this country and the people in it.

most of the experts state we are mad to leave?
But Borris and Farage would disagree.

42brexit - A Genuine Question for Brexit Fans - Page 3 Empty Re: A Genuine Question for Brexit Fans Sun Jun 26 2016, 13:16

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I see that Boeing are going ahead with locating their European headquarters in London, stating that Brexit doesn't affect their decision. (just thought we needed a ray of sunshine in all the gloom). Very Happy

43brexit - A Genuine Question for Brexit Fans - Page 3 Empty Re: A Genuine Question for Brexit Fans Sun Jun 26 2016, 13:56

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

gloswhite wrote:I see that Boeing are going ahead with locating their European headquarters in London, stating that Brexit doesn't affect their decision. (just thought we needed a ray of sunshine in all the gloom). Very Happy

Yes well some of them Boeing aircraft would struggle to get off the ground without Rolls Royce engines.  Smile

44brexit - A Genuine Question for Brexit Fans - Page 3 Empty Re: A Genuine Question for Brexit Fans Sun Jun 26 2016, 13:58

scottjames30 wrote:
Soul Kitchen wrote:
scottjames30 wrote:I think the majority of the country voted out due to the fact that if we stayed in the EU, they'd be more folk coming from all parts of Europe (interbreeding) us British out, then in 20 years time we'd be a minority in our own country, plus we are a strong enough country to be on our own, we can do what we think is right for us now, instead of trying not to upset the rest of the countries.

I strongly believe that in a couple of years ( after the scaremongering stops ) we'd be in a better situation . And I don't regret one bit about voting out, fuck the people that their only interest was to retire to Spain , it's not about them dicks, it's about this country and the people in it.

Don't think Boris would disagree.

45brexit - A Genuine Question for Brexit Fans - Page 3 Empty Re: A Genuine Question for Brexit Fans Sun Jun 26 2016, 14:03

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

scottjames30 wrote:
Soul Kitchen wrote:

Boris and Farage also backtracked and yesterday said that Brexit won't reduce immigration - they have already owned up to the lie.

46brexit - A Genuine Question for Brexit Fans - Page 3 Empty Re: A Genuine Question for Brexit Fans Sun Jun 26 2016, 14:11

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

scottjames30 wrote:
Soul Kitchen wrote:

Yes, and you hang your star on them! Neither have a fucking clue what to do next, and 33% of the voting populous choose to downside Britain from super market to a corner shop!!
That's how dumb it is and you chose to be one?

47brexit - A Genuine Question for Brexit Fans - Page 3 Empty Re: A Genuine Question for Brexit Fans Sun Jun 26 2016, 14:17

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Supermarkets fail too SK, and there are many behind the likes of Farage and Boris who are more than capable of getting us up and running competitively again.

48brexit - A Genuine Question for Brexit Fans - Page 3 Empty Re: A Genuine Question for Brexit Fans Sun Jun 26 2016, 14:20

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

gloswhite wrote:Supermarkets fail too SK, and there are many behind the likes of Farage and Boris who are more than capable of getting us up and running competitively again.

It took eight years to recover last time but going backwards is the least of our worries. We are a lot poorer and have gained absolutely nothing.

Last edited by wanderlust on Sun Jun 26 2016, 14:23; edited 1 time in total

49brexit - A Genuine Question for Brexit Fans - Page 3 Empty Re: A Genuine Question for Brexit Fans Sun Jun 26 2016, 14:21

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

gloswhite wrote:Supermarkets fail too SK, and there are many behind the likes of Farage and Boris who are more than capable of getting us up and running competitively again.

Of course there is, 17 million people can't be wrong pal.

50brexit - A Genuine Question for Brexit Fans - Page 3 Empty Re: A Genuine Question for Brexit Fans Sun Jun 26 2016, 14:26

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

scottjames30 wrote:

Hitler got 17,277,180 votes in 1933.

51brexit - A Genuine Question for Brexit Fans - Page 3 Empty Re: A Genuine Question for Brexit Fans Sun Jun 26 2016, 14:27

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

xmiles wrote:
scottjames30 wrote:

But you had to put your name on the voting slip.

52brexit - A Genuine Question for Brexit Fans - Page 3 Empty Re: A Genuine Question for Brexit Fans Sun Jun 26 2016, 14:30

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

scottjames30 wrote:
xmiles wrote:
scottjames30 wrote:

But you had to put your name on the voting slip.

Complete bollocks.

53brexit - A Genuine Question for Brexit Fans - Page 3 Empty Re: A Genuine Question for Brexit Fans Sun Jun 26 2016, 14:31

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Very Happy

54brexit - A Genuine Question for Brexit Fans - Page 3 Empty Re: A Genuine Question for Brexit Fans Sun Jun 26 2016, 14:39

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The Referendum results were pretty arbitrary anyway as they excluded the largest group of pro-Remain voters from the process.
I think that the 48 million who didn't vote to leave Europe have rights too and given the age-related voting profile there are a lot more people that want in than out. It just happens that a lot of them are too young to vote but with 73% of of 18 to 25 year olds voting Remain it's a reasonable assumption that at least that percentage of British 15, 16 and 17 year olds want in as there is a clear age bias.

16 year olds were given the vote in the Scottish referendum but not in the EU referendum.

Here is an assessment of the impact of excluding young people

So you really need to stop saying that the majority of British people want out of Europe because it's not true.

55brexit - A Genuine Question for Brexit Fans - Page 3 Empty Re: A Genuine Question for Brexit Fans Sun Jun 26 2016, 14:44

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

wanderlust wrote:

It took eight years to recover last time but going backwards is the least of our worries. We are a lot poorer and have gained absolutely nothing.

In the short term Wander.
Many politicians and money men have already stated that we have mortgaged our children's, and grandchildren's future, because of the behaviour and greed of the bankers, (supported by the politicians).

If one member of the EU, (Germany), can treat another in such a way that they not only virtually bankrupt the nation (Greece), but enhance their own position, whilst making a huge financial profit, what makes you think, when things get even worse, that we will be immune to it all, whilst were still in the club ?

I believe, (and pray),  that in the longer term we will recover, and will take the opportunity to go from strength to strength, so giving back our children a future that was so severely damaged. It's a bigger risk in having duplicitous trading partners, than it is to go it alone. For me, the referendum was never about now, but the future.

56brexit - A Genuine Question for Brexit Fans - Page 3 Empty Re: A Genuine Question for Brexit Fans Sun Jun 26 2016, 14:47

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Given that many Brexit voters are now regreting their vote and those who didn't bother voting presumably didn't feel very strongly about the matter it is actually much more accurate to say that the majority of British people want to remain in the EU.

57brexit - A Genuine Question for Brexit Fans - Page 3 Empty Re: A Genuine Question for Brexit Fans Sun Jun 26 2016, 14:54

My generation voted overwhelmingly to remain, there's a very strong sense we've been cheated here as once the dust settles, all of the issues have been resolved and a new deal has kicked in (realistically 5-10 years away), it will be us who have to live it.

58brexit - A Genuine Question for Brexit Fans - Page 3 Empty Re: A Genuine Question for Brexit Fans Sun Jun 26 2016, 14:54

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I voted Leave although until the last few years would have voted Remain. Immigration wasn't uppermost in my thinking in coming to a decision. Unless we leave the European Economic Area then we will still have to accept free movement of EU citizens as part of that and we need people in any case, also I never believed some of the outrageous claims on either side, both of which ran disgraceful campaigns, many Leaves will be angry when leaving does not deliver what was promised and rightly so.

If I could have confidence that we would have been able to change the federalist course of the EU from within I may still have voted Remain but it is my belief that it has no intention of changing its course and is incapable of meaningful reform and will succumb at some point to its inability to deal with its significant failngs.

59brexit - A Genuine Question for Brexit Fans - Page 3 Empty Re: A Genuine Question for Brexit Fans Sun Jun 26 2016, 14:55

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

wanderlust wrote:The Referendum results were pretty arbitrary anyway as they excluded the largest group of pro-Remain voters from the process.
I think that the 48 million who didn't vote to leave Europe have rights too and given the age-related voting profile there are a lot more people that want in than out. It just happens that a lot of them are too young to vote but with 73% of of 18 to 25 year olds voting Remain it's a reasonable assumption that at least that percentage of British 15, 16 and 17 year olds want in as there is a clear age bias.

16 year olds were given the vote in the Scottish referendum but not in the EU referendum.

Here is an assessment of the impact of excluding young people

So you really need to stop saying that the majority of British people want out of Europe because it's not true.

So if you are having sex, you should be allowed to vote ? Does that mean we should drop it to 13 or 14 ?

Its a given that the SNP thought they needed the votes to secure independence, and it was a political decision to lower the age of voting, and nothing to do with their rights as an individual.

As for the majority of leavers regretting their decision, I've seen no figures on this, just the odd comment from bitter remainers.

60brexit - A Genuine Question for Brexit Fans - Page 3 Empty Re: A Genuine Question for Brexit Fans Sun Jun 26 2016, 15:54

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Nobody said that the majority of Brexit voters regretted their decision but there is plenty of evidence on various media that some of them do - often because they didn't seem to understand that a protest vote counts just like any other vote.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum