Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

How do smaller clubs attract big backers?

+9
Joburg Wanderer
chipbutty
Sluffy
Reebok Trotter
terenceanne
Hipster_Nebula
gloswhite
Keegan
Whatsupdoc
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Welcome Jo'burg. It's a small world. I was in the Quatermain Hotel in Sandton last week- If I knew you were there I'd have had a beer with you. I'm coming again in November working for a week -(missing Barnsley game at the Reebok) - so we'll have to meet up for a Castle or two and watch the game somehow.

rammywhite wrote:Welcome Jo'burg. It's a small world. I was in the Quatermain Hotel in Sandton last week- If I knew you were there I'd have had a beer with you. I'm coming again in November working for a week -(missing Barnsley game at the Reebok) - so we'll have to meet up for a Castle or two and watch the game somehow.

i'm sharing a forum with lots of jetsetter types Very Happy

Joburg Wanderer

David Ngog
David Ngog

Thanks Sluffy. Those days with the team Ian Greaves had were my favourite times maybe because I was only a kid. After that the days of Rioch and Todd were marvellous.

Hopefully I will be home this year so will pick a couple of weeks when we have "big" away games!!!

I look forward to logging on and reading everybody's views, unfortunately as I won't see many games this year I will have little to comment on!!!

On a slightly different note I took my stepson to the Soweto derby the other month, the game ended up Kaizer Chiefs 2 Orlando Pirates 3, I couldnt believe the atmosphere, 89,000people, all the locals were singing and dancing all the game, the football wasn't the best quality but I thoroughly enjoyed myself especially as it was only 90p a pint!!!

mark leach

mark leach
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Forest have just been taken over by Kuwait businessmen. No one seems to come in for us.

Joburg Wanderer

David Ngog
David Ngog

Rammywhite, definitely meet up for a beer in November, I live in a place called Parkhurst its only 10 minutes drive from Sandton, I am not sure if game will be on but will do some enquiring. I don't drink that Castle muck, try Hansa Pilsener instead it's far better. Can't wait to come home this year as I haven't had a pint of bitter since January 6th 2010!!!

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Joburg Wanderer wrote:

On a slightly different note I took my stepson to the Soweto derby the other month, the game ended up Kaizer Chiefs 2 Orlando Pirates 3, I couldnt believe the atmosphere, 89,000people, all the locals were singing and dancing all the game, the football wasn't the best quality but I thoroughly enjoyed myself especially as it was only 90p a pint!!!

Are Morocco Swallows still one of the top teams ? One year, I was on holiday in SA and I watched a team called Lusitania play. The players were mainly of Portuguese origin but the manager was former Bolton player, Ernie Phythian.

Joburg Wanderer

David Ngog
David Ngog

Moroko Swallows are still one of the top teams. If my memory serves me correct Ernie went on to be a car salesman for Audi, I was directed to his dealership once when I wanted to buy a car. Small world.

HarveyKorman

HarveyKorman
David Ngog
David Ngog

I don't imagine any rich backers will want to buy Bolton. #nopoint

mark leach

mark leach
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

If we beat Barcelona we will have a queue of millionaires wanting to buy us.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

These takeovers rarely work, but I suspect the Notts Forest one will. The owners are looking to appoint Mick McCarthy which is a great move.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:These takeovers rarely work, but I suspect the Notts Forest one will. The owners are looking to appoint Mick McCarthy which is a great move.

Laughing ... oh you're being serious?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum