Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Economy watch

+19
Copper Dragon
Bwfc1958
Bread2.0
bwfc71
karlypants
Norpig
Reebok Trotter
Chairmanda
xmiles
Sluffy
Bollotom2014
boltonbonce
whatsgoingon
Natasha Whittam
okocha
scottjames30
NickFazer
gloswhite
wanderlust
23 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 18 ... 22  Next

Go down  Message [Page 15 of 22]

281Economy watch - Page 15 Empty Re: Economy watch Mon Sep 05 2016, 19:30

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

scottjames30 wrote:
wanderlust wrote:
scottjames30 wrote:Lets not turn our back on what the Majority voted for, eh.
At the risk of repeating myself, what did they vote for Scott?

Nobody seems to agree what they voted for so if nobody knows what it is, how can anyone turn their back on it?
I voted for - to scrap the open door policy, Millions upon Millions of people can just come in from all of the four corners of Europe, we need to control Migration.

To stop paying 34 million pounds a day ( of tax payers money ) into the EU.

Let's just hope David Davis gets his points across for Brexit.
But neither of those things were what the electorate were voting on.

The vote was about whether or not we should remain a member of the European Union. 

I hope nobody is going to try and railroad through anything that's not to do with what we voted for.

282Economy watch - Page 15 Empty Re: Economy watch Tue Sep 06 2016, 17:06

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

scottjames30 wrote:Everything's looking good, all the lies and rubbish the remain camp sputtered out has yet to happen.

I think we're more respected around the world due to Brexit, Donald Trump said it was an amazing thing that the British people stood up to a failed EU.

We haven't left the EU yet and we won't for at least two years.

283Economy watch - Page 15 Empty Re: Economy watch Tue Sep 06 2016, 18:40

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

xmiles wrote:
scottjames30 wrote:Everything's looking good, all the lies and rubbish the remain camp sputtered out has yet to happen.

I think we're more respected around the world due to Brexit, Donald Trump said it was an amazing thing that the British people stood up to a failed EU.

I know, but we are leaving, and the remain party said it would be catastrophic if we did leave.

But everything seems fine.

284Economy watch - Page 15 Empty Re: Economy watch Tue Sep 06 2016, 18:58

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Yes.....because (and I'm typing this v e r y   s l o w l y now, in the vain hope that it might actually go in).....We haven't left yet.

285Economy watch - Page 15 Empty Re: Economy watch Tue Sep 06 2016, 19:02

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy.... Get this madman away from me.

286Economy watch - Page 15 Empty Re: Economy watch Tue Sep 06 2016, 19:57

scottjames30 wrote:
xmiles wrote:

I know, but we are leaving, and the remain party said it would be catastrophic if we did leave.

We have left the EU yet.

287Economy watch - Page 15 Empty Re: Economy watch Tue Sep 06 2016, 19:59

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:
scottjames30 wrote:
xmiles wrote:

We have left the EU yet.
Now you are helping Scott's confusion even more. Very Happy

288Economy watch - Page 15 Empty Re: Economy watch Tue Sep 06 2016, 20:00

Curve ball, let's see what he does with it.

289Economy watch - Page 15 Empty Re: Economy watch Tue Sep 06 2016, 20:50

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Scott is right. When the result was announced the doom and gloom merchants were predicting the end of the world within weeks.

That hasn't happened, quite the opposite.

290Economy watch - Page 15 Empty Re: Economy watch Wed Sep 07 2016, 06:19

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Natasha Whittam wrote:Scott is right. When the result was announced the doom and gloom merchants were predicting the end of the world within weeks.

That hasn't happened, quite the opposite.

Do you actually think we have left the EU?

291Economy watch - Page 15 Empty Re: Economy watch Wed Sep 07 2016, 07:26

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

xmiles wrote:

Of course not. But go back to the posts around the time of the vote - the doom and gloom merchants were predicting the collapse of the economy within weeks of the vote.

I think the "Remainers" are genuinely annoyed that unemployment hasn't hit 10 million and the price of bread hasn't hit £2 per slice.

The truth is we are British and will make the best of it. It's what we do.

292Economy watch - Page 15 Empty Re: Economy watch Wed Sep 07 2016, 07:35

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

There's a massive difference between "making the best of it" and "doing what's best".

"Making the best of it" is singing Knees Up Mother Brown in an Underground station, surrounded by your friends and neighbours, while the Luftwaffe rain bombs down on your street.

If I got my knob stuck in the end of my vacuum cleaner hose and made it bleed, I would "make the best" of the situation by going to A&E and begging for help.

However, I would probably be considered a bit of a dickhead for putting myself in that situation in the first place and if my knob failed to make a full recovery and I wound up permanently with a "Liam Trotter" (ie a useless knob) as a result, it'd be my own fault and I wouldn't be deserving of any sympathy.

"Doing what's best" would be avoiding shoving your chap up the hoover in the first place.

293Economy watch - Page 15 Empty Re: Economy watch Wed Sep 07 2016, 08:15

Natasha Whittam wrote:
xmiles wrote:

Of course not. But go back to the posts around the time of the vote - the doom and gloom merchants were predicting the collapse of the economy within weeks of the vote.

I think the "Remainers" are genuinely annoyed that unemployment hasn't hit 10 million and the price of bread hasn't hit £2 per slice.

The truth is we are British and will make the best of it. It's what we do.

The British people will 'make the most of it' is a completely hollow statement when it comes to the economy. We live in a globalised world and as such our fate is going to depend on the actions of other economic super powers. 

That's why the fact nothing has happened yet is so important, we don't know what kind of deal we'll have with the EU and if it's poor we can't expect big business to keep investing, Japan and the US have made that clear at the G20. It will be interesting to see what China does as relationships with them are more likely to be stressed by Hinkley.

294Economy watch - Page 15 Empty Re: Economy watch Wed Sep 07 2016, 08:17

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Being in the EU was like having our knob stuck in the Hoover, thank fuck we got it out, we're free now.

And the Germans will still be making our cars, the French will still be selling us wine - I see great deals coming from all around the world - it's very exciting - walking around being unattached.

295Economy watch - Page 15 Empty Re: Economy watch Wed Sep 07 2016, 08:28

'If you find ourself agreeing with Scott, you're probably wrong'

296Economy watch - Page 15 Empty Re: Economy watch Wed Sep 07 2016, 08:35

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:'If you find ourself agreeing with Scott, you're probably wrong'
'Fury will beat Klitschko'

297Economy watch - Page 15 Empty Re: Economy watch Wed Sep 07 2016, 09:10

Haha can't argue with that, you are a visionary.

298Economy watch - Page 15 Empty Re: Economy watch Wed Sep 07 2016, 09:13

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:

The British people will 'make the most of it' is a completely hollow statement when it comes to the economy. We live in a globalised world and as such our fate is going to depend on the actions of other economic super powers. 

That's why the fact nothing has happened yet is so important, we don't know what kind of deal we'll have with the EU and if it's poor we can't expect big business to keep investing, Japan and the US have made that clear at the G20. It will be interesting to see what China does as relationships with them are more likely to be stressed by Hinkley.

You make my point perfectly though. You've banged on for months about the refugee situation, as have many like you, but when push comes to shove you do nothing. Brits moan but just get on with it, which is what we'll do when we leave the EU.

299Economy watch - Page 15 Empty Re: Economy watch Wed Sep 07 2016, 09:28

You've no idea what I have or haven't done, if you think it's nothing then you'd be surprised. But that's not the point. We can't effect Bolton Wanderers but it doesn't stop us occasionally talking about football, we can't effect the economy individually but we all have an opinion on what those than can should be doing differently.

300Economy watch - Page 15 Empty Re: Economy watch Wed Sep 07 2016, 11:19

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:You've no idea what I have or haven't done

I have. Nothing except make posts on a football forum.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 15 of 22]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 18 ... 22  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum