Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Memories of Park-life....

+15
Cajunboy
Dunkels King
finlaymcdanger
Sluffy
Reebok Trotter
Banks of the Croal
Resistance is Futile
Bwfc1958
Boggersbelief
boltonbonce
karlypants
Norpig
whatsgoingon
BoltonTillIDie
bwfc71
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 5]

91Memories of Park-life.... - Page 6 Empty Re: Memories of Park-life.... Wed Jul 27 2016, 14:35

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

The Hilda Baker story is true, apart from the tripe and onions.

92Memories of Park-life.... - Page 6 Empty Re: Memories of Park-life.... Wed Jul 27 2016, 14:49

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Poor Hylda. Less than ten people attended her funeral.

She wasn't well liked. Co star Jimmy Jewel despised her.

93Memories of Park-life.... - Page 6 Empty Re: Memories of Park-life.... Wed Jul 27 2016, 14:55

wanderlust wrote:BTW is Skagen Court gone now?

Demolished (along with most of the rest of School Hill) about 10 years ago to make way for new housing.

It looks like this now:

Memories of Park-life.... - Page 6 Skag_6

94Memories of Park-life.... - Page 6 Empty Re: Memories of Park-life.... Wed Jul 27 2016, 15:05

boltonbonce wrote:Poor Hylda. Less than ten people attended her funeral.

She wasn't well liked. Co star Jimmy Jewel despised her.

I may have told this one before on here but I lived around the corner from a family in Smithills called the Fairclough's when I was a kid.

There were about 6 kids and they were all dead artistic and theatrical.

My mum worked with their mum at the local doctors surgery and we used to refer to them as the Von Trapps.

Anyway, Hylda Baker was the mum's aunty and after she died, the PRS cheques went to the Fairclough household every time a repeat of anything with HB in it was shown on telly.

They used to get a cheque for about 12p every time an episode of Nearest & Dearest aired.

One of the Von Trapp kids (Neil) was the year above me at school and we were briefly in a band together in the mid-80's.

He played the bass and thought he was king shit but I like to believe that my guitar playing was what really drew the crowds to the music room at Smithills for our lunchtime gigs.

Here he is (on the left in the daft hat) with his band. They're called Queen or summat. Stupid name for a band if you ask me. They'll never take off:

Memories of Park-life.... - Page 6 84e5e-a49324777c

95Memories of Park-life.... - Page 6 Empty Re: Memories of Park-life.... Wed Jul 27 2016, 18:09

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Cajunboy wrote:
whatsgoingon wrote:
Cajunboy wrote:Hilda Baker had a little monkey too.

She often lunched in the restaurant at the Capitol Cinema in Churchgate.

The monkey used to perch on her shoulder as she tucked into Tripe and Onions, one of her favourite meals.
Arthur Askey and his lemur were always seen Leverhulme park on a Thursday, the lemur loved manfredis ice cream and used to dry hump the car park ballads
BOLLARDS!!!!!!
And to you, oh I'm using my phone it just puts what it fucking wants and I don't proof read every post

96Memories of Park-life.... - Page 6 Empty Re: Memories of Park-life.... Thu Jul 28 2016, 17:31

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

whatsgoingon wrote:
Cajunboy wrote:
whatsgoingon wrote:
Cajunboy wrote:Hilda Baker had a little monkey too.

She often lunched in the restaurant at the Capitol Cinema in Churchgate.

The monkey used to perch on her shoulder as she tucked into Tripe and Onions, one of her favourite meals.
Arthur Askey and his lemur were always seen Leverhulme park on a Thursday, the lemur loved manfredis ice cream and used to dry hump the car park ballads
BOLLARDS!!!!!!
And to you, oh I'm using my phone it just puts what it fucking wants and I don't proof read every post
My phone would drive me crazy if I tried to post anything with it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum