Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton signs former England International on 2 Year Deal

+4
Reebok Trotter
largehat
bwfc71
Keegan
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Look out - Zat is back! Zat Knight will confirm he has signed a two-year deal to stay with Wanderers today.

The big defender returned to Euxton for training on Saturday after holidaying in Los Angeles and completed the formalities on a new contract on reduced terms, which will run until the summer of 2014.

Knight is understood to have turned down offers from a handful of other clubs – including Cardiff City – to stick around and add experience to Wanderers’ promotion push, and will now presumably face a fight with new signing Matt Mills for a place alongside Tim Ream at the heart of the defence.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The other deals he was offered must have really sucked. Neutral

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

In other words the offer he received were based on his (lack of) ability.

I just hope he doesn't see many games, but knowing Clueless he will be playing in all 48 games plus cup games!!!!

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

bwfc71 wrote:
I just hope he doesn't see many games, but knowing Clueless he will be playing in all 48 games plus cup games!!!!

How ironic.

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

largehat wrote:
bwfc71 wrote:

How ironic.

OK its 46 - I typed it too quick and didn't check as I was coooking at the time and a timer had starting buzzing so had to get to it quickly......

At least I admit the error unlike Clueless!

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

bwfc71 wrote:
largehat wrote:
bwfc71 wrote:

How ironic.

OK its 46 - I typed it too quick and didn't check as I was coooking at the time and a timer had starting buzzing so had to get to it quickly......

At least "Clueless" knows how many games we will be playing next season.

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

largehat wrote:
bwfc71 wrote:
largehat wrote:
bwfc71 wrote:

How ironic.

No he doesn't unless he already knows how well we are going to be doing in the cup runs!!!

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Former England International. 2 appearances. Razz

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

bwfc71 wrote:
largehat wrote:
bwfc71 wrote:
largehat wrote:
bwfc71 wrote:

How ironic.

No he doesn't unless he already knows how well we are going to be doing in the cup runs!!!

Oh my god, is this your big come back? You make the comical fuck up of describing someone else as clueless in the very same sentence as showing that you don't know how many games are played in a Championship season, then you blame it on a domestic appliance, and now I'm given to understand that you think I'm unaware that there are cup competitions, and you've caught me out.

I think you need to go back to 'debating' with the intellectual lightweights in The Abuse Thread.

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Along with SKD's 1 cap that makes 3 England caps on our team ....nobody can beat that lot drunken

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I know Knight is not exactly the most popular player on this forum but there is an interview on the BWFC website which contains a couple of quotes from Knight I would like to highlight:

"Last year I had an up and down season and I found myself in and out of the team. I signed because I wanted to repay the manager and repay the fans."

"One of the reasons why I wanted to come back [was] that I owed the club something."

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

... and nobody else would pay me as well.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

largehat wrote:I know Knight is not exactly the most popular player on this forum but there is an interview on the BWFC website which contains a couple of quotes from Knight I would like to highlight:

"Last year I had an up and down season and I found myself in and out of the team. I signed because I wanted to repay the manager and repay the fans."

"One of the reasons why I wanted to come back [was] that I owed the club something."

You must be a player or ex-player, the way you time and time again try and defend these ponces. If Knight had signed a new contract the day it was offered and made the above comments then you'd be making a good point.

The truth is, as Keegan states, he shopped around and realised the Bolton deal was the best one so came crawling back with this bullshit interview.

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Can you please point out where in my post I have "defended" Zat Knight?

I was attempting to point out that the antipathy that many fans have for the player seems to have gone over his head.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

largehat wrote:Can you please point out where in my post I have "defended" Zat Knight?

I was attempting to point out that the antipathy that many fans have for the player seems to have gone over his head.

No you weren't, you were trying to make the point he's a decent chap who can't wait to wear the white shirt again.

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:
No you weren't, you were trying to make the point he's a decent chap who can't wait to wear the white shirt again.

If you're inferred that from the quotes I provided, that's really encouraging to hear, but you inferring it and me implying it are two very different things.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

largehat wrote:

If you're inferred that from the quotes I provided, that's really encouraging to hear, but you inferring it and me implying it are two very different things.

Please don't try and argue that you know what you're saying more than me.

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

The quotes highlighted suggests that he knows he was crap and wants to make up for it - not that he doesn't know that fans think he was/is crap. You may have chosen the wrong quotes to make that point about antipathy, largehat.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I would hope he wants to make up for it, if he has any professional pride he will want to.

I don't think he has the ability, but if he proves me wrong i'll be the first on here to congratulate him.

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam

Keegan

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think you got them pictures the wrong way round hat.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum