Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Former Newcastle United winger Sammy Ameobi signs one-year deal with Bolton Wanderers

+4
boltonbonce
Boggersbelief
Natasha Whittam
Sluffy
8 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Tweet from the clubs Head of Marketing JUST NOW -

Paul Holliday‏ 
@_paulholliday
Following

More
Incoming... @OfficialBWFC

I'm assuming its Ameobi.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

SAMMY Ameobi has signed a one-year deal with Wanderers.
The winger, who spent a successful spell under Phil Parkinson on loan last season, has been training with the club in their Scottish training base this week and watched their 2-1 win over Arbroath on Tuesday night.
Ameobi severed ties with his hometown club Newcastle this summer after more than a decade at St James’ Park.
He also spent loan spells at Middlesbrough and Cardiff City but struck up a relationship with the Wanderers fans as he helped the Whites make a successful start to life in League One last season.

“It feels great to be back. I’m very familiar with Bolton now,” he said.
“The gaffer was massive for me last season. He helped me rebuild my confidence and I believe he gets the best out of me.
“Everyone was patient with me and it gave me the opportunity to start playing again. I’m really thankful for that and hopefully I can repay them this season.”
Parkinson had made recruiting Ameobi one of his top priorities and was delighted to announce the signing this afternoon.

“I am really delighted that we have got Sammy on board and we’ve worked really hard to get the deal done,” he said.
“Having worked with him last year, we know all about him. Sammy has something different to offer to what we have already got.”

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Pisspoor signing. But I suppose it'll sell a few shirts to grown men.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Brilliant signing, adds much needed flair and creativity to our side, along with karacan.

Still need two more decent strikers though

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Perhaps they will do Ameobi slippers?

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

cheers I'm in. Roll on Christmas.
Sluffy wrote:Perhaps they will do Ameobi slippers?

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:Brilliant signing, adds much needed flair and creativity

1 assist every 5 games. Hardly creative.

Filipe Morais: 19 games, 2 goals, 17 assists
Sammy Ameobi 20 games, 2 goals, 4 assists

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'll bet Boggers has an Ameobi haircut by this time tomorrow.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Natasha Whittam wrote:I'll bet Boggers has an Ameobi haircut by this time tomorrow.

And slippers!

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I highly doubt Morais will keep up his form from last season. In fact I think he will flop at this level, whereas Ameobi will flourish

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Good signing - just hope we're not paying too much. 1 year deal so if it doesn't work out no great loss. Worth the risk.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:I highly doubt Morais will keep up his form from last season. In fact I think he will flop at this level, whereas Ameobi will flourish

So the exact opposite of the evidence?

Ameobi has played at Championship level for 3 clubs and been a failure every time.

But of course he will be brilliant for us :facepalm:

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

One year deal will not do us any harm ..... you don't get much for free.
So now we have both Morais and Ameobi ...... all things being equal the West Ham pair will be along shortly.  It's the best we can do in our financial shape and I'm surprised we have anything done at all.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

terenceanne wrote:One year deal will not do us any harm ..... you don't get much for free.
So now we have both Morais and Ameobi ...... all things being equal the West Ham pair will be along shortly.  It's the best we can do in our financial shape and I'm surprised we have anything done at all.
We have decent wide men, more midfielders and defenders than we could possibly need but alas we are dependent on ALF and Madine to score the majority of the goals and that's where I think we might struggle despite Parky's confidence in them. It ain't perfect but I agree that we couldn't do a lot more with our finances - however a loanee or two might fill in the blanks.

Wheaters playing up front next season. Chill

Jack Russell

Jack Russell
David Lee
David Lee

Well chuffed, he is direct and can disrupt the defence, really optimistic for next season.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum