Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Going to Burnden Park...

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Going to Burnden Park...  Empty Going to Burnden Park... Sun Jul 31 2016, 22:31

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Me and my brothers and Dad would normally all drive to park near the tip (mastercare carpark) or this long bumpy road where loads of cars would park and would walk from there to the ground via an underpass under st peters way... 

My first match was in the Burnden Terrace but mostly after that I was a Great Lever Ender. 

How did you do it?

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

2Going to Burnden Park...  Empty Re: Going to Burnden Park... Sun Jul 31 2016, 22:42

Me and a mate used to go washing cars to earn enough for bus fare,  ticket in burnden terrace,  a pie, drink and a programme. Pretty dye we only needed twenty quid between us.

3Going to Burnden Park...  Empty Re: Going to Burnden Park... Sun Jul 31 2016, 23:00

If we were driving we parked on Bromwich Street and walked through the subway under St Peters way.

Sometimes would walk through Leverhulme park if the weather was half decent.

4Going to Burnden Park...  Empty Re: Going to Burnden Park... Sun Jul 31 2016, 23:07

Banks of the Croal

Banks of the Croal
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Used to walk it when I first started going aged about 9 a mates dad used to take us.

We used to cut through waste land and a scrap yard get onto Bury rd near Hypathia st. up Bradford st. then near where Bridgeman st baths were turn off and walk long a path that ran past all the Gable. ends of the terraced houses off Manny rd, you could say by The Banks of the Croal.  Very Happy eventually finish up on the big car park then go on The Embankment ... I think.

5Going to Burnden Park...  Empty Re: Going to Burnden Park... Sun Jul 31 2016, 23:15

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Used to walk it there and back.

I used to set off, cut through the estates coming out at the top end of Higher Bridge Street and carry on down into town by the side of Woolworths. Then would either meet up with my mates at the Trotters pub or outside the Happy Shop - depending which set of lads I was meeting.

On the way back I usually hung about the van producing the Buff to find out all the other results.

Happy Days.

6Going to Burnden Park...  Empty Re: Going to Burnden Park... Mon Aug 01 2016, 09:20

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

We always parked up on Raikes Lane or under the bridge at the bottom of the slip road from Raikes Lane to St Peters Way, my memories were walking up to the car and getting in just on time to here the distinctive tune of the intro to sports report to get the other results read out by James Alexander Gordon and guessing the scores he was about to read out by the tone in his voice.
That was when I went with my dad, when I was older and went on my own we used to get the bus into town and walk down Manny Road and got a pie from the shop across the road, never had one that tasted anything like them from anywhere else, a real matchday taste.
When we were walking down to a match against Forest once there were a couple of hundred chavs outside the train station giving it large so at 14 we decided it would be cool to join them, they were outside the station chanting intimidating chants when all of a sudden a massive roar of Forest came from below and everyone legged it, it was hilarious seeing the look of fear on faces that seconds earlier were full of agro.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum