Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Food and drink festival

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Food and drink festival Empty Food and drink festival Thu Aug 25 2016, 09:38

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

This weekend it's the food and drink festival in the town centre is anyone going?
I know the town centre is now a drab place normally but I have to hold my hand up and say this is one thing it does do well.
I always go and have a look round and it's usually a decent experience so if you usually go to it this is a reminder that it's on this weekend, if you've never been I would recommend it as worth a go if you have time spare.

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/news/bolton/14695639.PREVIEW__Day_1_of_Bolton_Food_and_Drink_Festival/

2Food and drink festival Empty Re: Food and drink festival Fri Aug 26 2016, 10:23

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

Only thing about the food and drink festival is it's expensive. Some bloke in a tent selling a small tray of chilli con carne for about £6.50.

3Food and drink festival Empty Re: Food and drink festival Fri Aug 26 2016, 19:34

King Bill

King Bill
David Lee
David Lee

Any event that brings folk into town centre is a good thing. Looks like there's a lot of stuff on to keep the kids interested too.

4Food and drink festival Empty Re: Food and drink festival Fri Aug 26 2016, 22:03

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

It is always a good event with lots to see and do, 58 is right about it being expensive but it's only once a year. Like you said anything that brings people into the town can't be anything but good.
If anyone goes post the highlights on here so people know the best eats, my favourite Manchester burger joint, almost famous burger have a van there which is worth a look.

5Food and drink festival Empty Re: Food and drink festival Fri Aug 26 2016, 22:08

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958

whatsgoingon wrote:It is always a good event with lots to see and do, 58 is right about it being expensive but it's only once a year. Like you said anything that brings people into the town can't be anything but good.
If anyone goes post the highlights on here so people know the best eats, my favourite Manchester burger joint, almost famous burger have a van there which is worth a look.
I've been wanting to try almost famous for a while now. Might check that one out.

6Food and drink festival Empty Re: Food and drink festival Fri Aug 26 2016, 22:42

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

58, is that the one I went to last year with the daft burger names?

I can't remember although they were good! Very Happy

7Food and drink festival Empty Re: Food and drink festival Fri Aug 26 2016, 23:07

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958

karlypants wrote:58, is that the one I went to last year with the daft burger names?

I can't remember although they were good! Very Happy
I think it was actually. I do seem to remember you posting about going there.

8Food and drink festival Empty Re: Food and drink festival Sat Aug 27 2016, 00:41

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

There are actually 2 now + a sister site, it was originally on High St but they had a fire and reopened in the Great Northern but have now reopened the HighSt one as well. The sister site is a Burrito place called Luck Lust Liquer & Burn. The food in all is top notch but if this makes sense they are pretentiously trying to be unpretentious and maybe trying a bit too hard.
But well worth a try although there are many places jumping in on the designer burger market in Manchester so it may be worth googling it as there are several comparison reports.

9Food and drink festival Empty Re: Food and drink festival Sat Aug 27 2016, 00:46

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The one I ended up in had some sort of tiki cocktail bar downstairs and Mexican on the 1st floor and only then was the burger joint on the 2nd.

I originally thought that I had got the wrong place firstly seeing the bar on the ground floor the sitting down on the 1st studying the menu wondering where the burgers were. Very Happy

10Food and drink festival Empty Re: Food and drink festival Sat Aug 27 2016, 00:49

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

That's the high st one, the Mexican bit is luck lust Liquer and burn they share the same building

11Food and drink festival Empty Re: Food and drink festival Sun Aug 28 2016, 20:40

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

whatsgoingon wrote:That's the high st one, the Mexican bit is luck lust Liquer and burn they share the same building
Yes!

I now remember ordering some Pho-king wings. Very Happy

Will have to revisit although I do find it odd that some burgers contain doritos chips and salt & vinegar crisps!

12Food and drink festival Empty Re: Food and drink festival Sun Aug 28 2016, 21:51

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

karlypants wrote:
whatsgoingon wrote:That's the high st one, the Mexican bit is luck lust Liquer and burn they share the same building
Yes!

I now remember ordering some Pho-king wings. Very Happy

Will have to revisit although I do find it odd that some burgers contain doritos chips and salt & vinegar crisps!
Not sure if they still do but they used to have one with monster munch on, how could that possibly be wrong - monster munch are brilliant and burgers are brilliant it's a sure fire winner

13Food and drink festival Empty Re: Food and drink festival Mon Aug 29 2016, 00:20

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I've seen on the menu that they do one with Frazzles. Very Happy

I'm pretty sure I wimped out and had the triple-nom although lovely.

14Food and drink festival Empty Re: Food and drink festival Mon Aug 29 2016, 08:31

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

karlypants wrote:I've seen on the menu that they do one with Frazzles
Sometimes you just have to take your hat off and salute genius lol

15Food and drink festival Empty Re: Food and drink festival Mon Aug 29 2016, 20:42

King Bill

King Bill
David Lee
David Lee

Just had a great day out with the family at the festival. Spent about six hours there. Plenty to keep the kids occupied with the Mad Science stalls and the transformation of The Octagon into a seaside resort (genius idea). Looked very well organised and the town centre was buzzing. A real sense Bolton still has a lot to offer. 
If you build it, they will come !
The council have got to build on this success and reach out to people to come to Bolton more than once a year.

16Food and drink festival Empty Re: Food and drink festival Mon Aug 29 2016, 20:57

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

B
King Bill wrote:Just had a great day out with the family at the festival. Spent about six hours there. Plenty to keep the kids occupied with the Mad Science stalls and the transformation of The Octagon into a seaside resort (genius idea). Looked very well organised and the town centre was buzzing. A real sense Bolton still has a lot to offer. 
If you build it, they will come !
The council have got to build on this success and reach out to people to come to Bolton more than once a year.
Great to hear you had a good day there, I was there Saturday and agree. You make a very good point that the event shows that there is still a market and support there for the town centre and they should build on the success.
The problem is it has been a roaring success for the last few years but it has never been built on because the people running things will spend the next few months patting themselves on the back, and then go back to the bungling inept running of the council and the town centre will be even more delapidated but next years event will be a big success and the whole process will be repeated.

17Food and drink festival Empty Re: Food and drink festival Mon Aug 29 2016, 21:00

King Bill

King Bill
David Lee
David Lee

I think you've hit the nail ont head there WGO

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum