Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

John Terry cleared of racism

+5
Reebok Trotter
Natasha Whittam
Hipster_Nebula
Numpty 28723
Sluffy
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1John Terry cleared of racism Empty John Terry cleared of racism Fri Jul 13 2012, 14:33

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Ex-England captain John Terry has been cleared of racially abusing fellow footballer Anton Ferdinand.

The Chelsea and England defender had denied making the comments to the Queen Park Rangers player during a match at Loftus Road last October.

The 31-year-old told Westminster Magistrates' Court that he had repeated what he thought Mr Ferdinand had said to him as the pair traded insults.

Mr Terry had described himself as "angry and upset" over the claims.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-18827915

2John Terry cleared of racism Empty Re: John Terry cleared of racism Fri Jul 13 2012, 14:34

Numpty 28723

Numpty 28723
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

There's a surprise.

3John Terry cleared of racism Empty Re: John Terry cleared of racism Fri Jul 13 2012, 14:34

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I don't see how, considering he admitted it. But justice is done, so fair enough.

4John Terry cleared of racism Empty Re: John Terry cleared of racism Fri Jul 13 2012, 14:37

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

As I said in the John Terry thread that's already running, he was bound to get off. Another waste of public funds.

5John Terry cleared of racism Empty Re: John Terry cleared of racism Fri Jul 13 2012, 14:39

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:I don't see how, considering he admitted it. But justice is done, so fair enough.

Either he said it or he didn't. In this case he admitted in court that he said it! It's amazing what justice you can buy if you can afford it.

6John Terry cleared of racism Empty Re: John Terry cleared of racism Fri Jul 13 2012, 16:42

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

He tried making out that what he is clearly seen saying was sarcasm - repetition of what Ferdinand had said to him. Absolute bollocks. Terry is scum and probably a racist, BUT should people be sent to prison for things they say in the heat of the moment? If somebody said something deeply offensive to me about my personal life/appearance/whatever, I wouldn't feel like I was a bad person for retaliating with a comment about their race or skin colour, even though that wouldn't be my chosen way of retaliating as I'd like to think I could do better.

So Terry is a shitbag, but shouldn't be reunited with all his family on the inside, on this occasion.

7John Terry cleared of racism Empty Re: John Terry cleared of racism Fri Jul 13 2012, 17:01

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I hate all this fucking racist bullshit...

what JT said was wrong, however blown all out of proportion by the PC brigade!

Answer me this (think about it first, then answer - if you disagree, id like to see examples) ...

If Anton Ferdinand had called JT a 'white cunt' ... do you think he would have been tried for racism? would he fuck.

racism only exists so that black and Asian people have an extra card to play.

im not saying what JT did was right, on the contrary... im just saying its one rule for one set of people and another rule for other ethnic groups.

have you EVER heard of Asians or black people being charged for racially motivated crimes against brits?

its all bollocks!

sorry.

8John Terry cleared of racism Empty Re: John Terry cleared of racism Fri Jul 13 2012, 17:23

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I can think of a few different occasions where I (White British) was racially abused at school. If it had been the other way round, it wouldn't have just been the entirety of Blackburn Road I'd have to deal with, but the law as well.

It's probably also worth mentioning that my friend is half German and spent each of her schooldays battling racism, sometimes right under the noses of so-called "teachers". Even two years ago after Germany beat England she had a tonne of abuse on Facebook to deal with. I guess you have to be a considerably sized minority to be a minority that anybody gives two shits about.

9John Terry cleared of racism Empty Re: John Terry cleared of racism Fri Jul 13 2012, 17:43

hope and anchor

David Ngog
David Ngog

doffcocker wrote:I can think of a few different occasions where I (White British) was racially abused at school. If it had been the other way round, it wouldn't have just been the entirety of Blackburn Road I'd have to deal with, but the law as well.

It's probably also worth mentioning that my friend is half German and spent each of her schooldays battling racism, sometimes right under the noses of so-called "teachers". Even two years ago after Germany beat England she had a tonne of abuse on Facebook to deal with. I guess you have to be a considerably sized minority to be a minority that anybody gives two shits about.

I agree with you Doffcocker! People just dont realise that it is an example of racism and probaly wouldnt care even if they did to be frank!

10John Terry cleared of racism Empty Re: John Terry cleared of racism Fri Jul 13 2012, 17:47

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

John Terry cleared of racism 6a00d8341c562c53ef0111689059bd970c-600wi

just giving them a wash i suppose....

11John Terry cleared of racism Empty Re: John Terry cleared of racism Fri Jul 13 2012, 20:29

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

They both want taking round the back and given a good hiding.

12John Terry cleared of racism Empty Re: John Terry cleared of racism Fri Jul 13 2012, 20:43

Reebok_Rebel wrote:

racism only exists so that black and Asian people have an extra card to play.

explain.

13John Terry cleared of racism Empty Re: John Terry cleared of racism Fri Jul 13 2012, 21:18

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I did explain...

Above.

14John Terry cleared of racism Empty Re: John Terry cleared of racism Fri Jul 13 2012, 21:19

Reebok_Rebel wrote:I did explain...

Above.

you didn't explain that comment, which seems extremely racist to me.

15John Terry cleared of racism Empty Re: John Terry cleared of racism Fri Jul 13 2012, 21:24

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Well it's obviously complete nonsense.

The slaves were happy to be oppressed because they knew in the future Anton Ferdinand could play the "race card" by being called a black c*nt by John Terry.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum