Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Players you wanted to cut it......

+15
wessy
Bolton Nuts
Keegan
Fabians Right Peg
wanderlust
whatsgoingon
Norpig
boltonbonce
Boggersbelief
NickFazer
Bread2.0
Natasha Whittam
xmiles
DEANO82
karlypants
19 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Players you wanted to cut it...... Empty Players you wanted to cut it...... Sun Oct 23 2016, 00:17

......but never really did!

There are a few from me.

A couple from when Sammy Lee went on a spending spree when big sam left.

Wilhelmson and Daniel Bratten.

Than there was the mexican Jared Borgetti.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Danny Shittu, simply due to how much we spent on him and he only played a handful or so games.

DEANO82

DEANO82
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Stuart Whittaker

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Len Cantello

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

DEANO82 wrote:Stuart Whittaker

Surprised

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Borgetti was an excellent prospect, scored 7 goals in 19 games mainly from the bench.

Allardyce just didn't fancy a goalscorer over Kevin Davies.

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

...and yet you had the temerity to question my opinion on Steve Thompson.

Stupid woman.

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Mark Davies, Elmander, David Hoggan

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bread2.0 wrote:...and yet you had the temerity to question my opinion on Steve Thompson.

Stupid woman.

Nothing against Steve Thompson, but weren't we a non-league team in those days?

Borgetti was playing in the Prem.

10Players you wanted to cut it...... Empty Re: Players you wanted to cut it...... Sun Oct 23 2016, 14:37

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Candela

11Players you wanted to cut it...... Empty Re: Players you wanted to cut it...... Sun Oct 23 2016, 15:09

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Natasha Whittam wrote:

Nothing against Steve Thompson, but weren't we a non-league team in those days?

Borgetti was playing in the Prem.

Silly me, I'd forgotten that professional football only started in England in 1992 when Sky TV invented it.

It had completely slipped my mind that prior to that, the game was played by shoe-less amateurs, using tin cans for balls.

My mistake.

12Players you wanted to cut it...... Empty Re: Players you wanted to cut it...... Sun Oct 23 2016, 15:50

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Khalilou Fadiga. Shame how his career panned out.

13Players you wanted to cut it...... Empty Re: Players you wanted to cut it...... Sun Oct 23 2016, 19:13

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Nicky Brookman - he looked a great prospect as a young lad then pissed it all away, too much boozing cost him

I really wanted Borghetti to get more of a chance and remember how excited Bolton fans were when we signed that fat limp wristed and ran like a girl Brazilian? He should have been absolute quality but Lardel was the biggest disappointment i can remember

14Players you wanted to cut it...... Empty Re: Players you wanted to cut it...... Sun Oct 23 2016, 19:20

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:Nicky Brookman - he looked a great prospect as a young lad then pissed it all away, too much boozing cost him

I really wanted Borghetti to get more of a chance and remember how excited Bolton fans were when we signed that fat limp wristed and ran like a girl Brazilian? He should have been absolute quality but Lardel was the biggest disappointment i can remember
When I first saw him,I assumed a drunk had run onto the pitch.

15Players you wanted to cut it...... Empty Re: Players you wanted to cut it...... Sun Oct 23 2016, 19:23

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i remember seeing Brookman heading towards the King Bill before a game when he'd been left out of the squad  Very Happy

16Players you wanted to cut it...... Empty Re: Players you wanted to cut it...... Mon Oct 24 2016, 10:23

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

y2j 3.0 wrote:Wilhelmson and Daniel Bratten.
I wanted both of them to make it but they were never given a chance to, I would have liked to have seen Jardel too, overweight but new how to score.

17Players you wanted to cut it...... Empty Re: Players you wanted to cut it...... Mon Oct 24 2016, 10:27

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

There are hundreds of signings that haven't come good for us or didn't get a chance. Watching Chelsea demolish Manure yesterday with Marcos Alonso and Cahill playing I was thinking what an amazing team we might have had if things had worked out differently. Blerim Dzemaili is the obvious one that got away and went on to do great things, but there are so many that crashed and burned. This could be a long thread.

18Players you wanted to cut it...... Empty Re: Players you wanted to cut it...... Mon Oct 24 2016, 10:32

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

wanderlust wrote:Blerim Dzemaili is the obvious one that got away and went on to do great things,
Great shout that, I always liked him I suppose one a bit more current is Mark Davies.

19Players you wanted to cut it...... Empty Re: Players you wanted to cut it...... Mon Oct 24 2016, 11:01

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

whatsgoingon wrote:
wanderlust wrote:Blerim Dzemaili is the obvious one that got away and went on to do great things,
Great shout that, I always liked him I suppose one a bit more current is Mark Davies.

:agree:

I also wish Holden had not suffered so badly from injury and been given more time to play for us.

20Players you wanted to cut it...... Empty Re: Players you wanted to cut it...... Mon Oct 24 2016, 22:01

Fabians Right Peg

Fabians Right Peg
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

A recent one was, Medo kamara, never got a fair crack of the whip.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum