Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Jack the Ripper

+2
whatsgoingon
xmiles
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Jack the Ripper Empty Jack the Ripper Tue Oct 25 2016, 15:07

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

I have just read an interesting book by Bruce Robinson which identifies a clear suspect for these crimes by studying the information that is available. He looked at all the alleged letters from the Ripper which have always been dismissed as hoaxes and shows that many of them could actually be from the Ripper and that the murders did not stop with that of Mary Kelly. He also provides a plausible explanation as to why the police investigation was so inefficient.

He certainly makes a convincing case and for anybody not prepared to wade through an 800+ page book and wanting to know who he identies just pm me. And no it is not any of the usual suspects.

2Jack the Ripper Empty Re: Jack the Ripper Tue Oct 25 2016, 15:16

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

xmiles wrote:I have just read an interesting book by Bruce Robinson which identifies a clear suspect for these crimes by studying the information that is available. He looked at all the alleged letters from the Ripper which have always been dismissed as hoaxes and shows that many of them could actually be from the Ripper and that the murders did not stop with that of Mary Kelly. He also provides a plausible explanation as to why the police investigation was so inefficient.

He certainly makes a convincing case and for anybody not prepared to wade through an 800+ page book and wanting to know who he identies just pm me. And no it is not any of the usual suspects.
I always assumed it was Professor Plum in the library with the candlestick

3Jack the Ripper Empty Re: Jack the Ripper Tue Oct 25 2016, 15:26

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's a remarkable book,and, although it sometimes strains credulity,it shines a very bright light into the murkier corners of masonry,and puts forward a very interesting suspect for our perusal.
Certainly a new name to me.

4Jack the Ripper Empty Re: Jack the Ripper Tue Oct 25 2016, 15:31

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Just googled it and discovered that it's by the bloke who wrote Withnail & I.

And so for that reason (together with the fact that it's an intriguing story anyway), I'm in.

Cheers Miles.

5Jack the Ripper Empty Re: Jack the Ripper Tue Oct 25 2016, 15:35

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I've always been in the Walter Sickert camp.

6Jack the Ripper Empty Re: Jack the Ripper Tue Oct 25 2016, 16:19

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

7Jack the Ripper Empty Re: Jack the Ripper Tue Oct 25 2016, 16:33

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We've had a few names in the frame,including Lewis Carroll of all people.
Can't see us ever untangling this.

8Jack the Ripper Empty Re: Jack the Ripper Wed Oct 26 2016, 01:13

Hip Priest

Hip Priest
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I've read loads of books over the years and seen a million and one TV documentaries all claiming that the mystery is finally solved. They all sound completely convincing when you are reading the book but then a hundred and one other Ripperologist experts come out and say that theory is an absolute load of tosh and can't possibly be true because of this,that or the other. We're never going to know for sure. It's 130 years ago and was almost certainly some Billy No mates who nobody has ever heard of and not Sickert or Prince Eddie or anybody famous like that. Just my opinion.

9Jack the Ripper Empty Re: Jack the Ripper Wed Oct 26 2016, 08:46

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Hip Priest wrote:I've read loads of books over the years and seen a million and one TV documentaries all claiming that the mystery is finally solved. They all sound completely convincing when you are reading the book but then a hundred and one other Ripperologist experts come out and say that theory is an absolute load of tosh and can't possibly be true because of this,that or the other. We're never going to know for sure. It's 130 years ago and was almost certainly some Billy No mates who nobody has ever heard of and not Sickert or Prince Eddie or anybody famous like that. Just my opinion.

Fair enough and I don't think Robinson has proved his suspect did it simply because that's not possible now. However unlike most Ripperologists he does provide a plausible case. Personally this is the first book or documentary that I have thought might be right. Sickert, Prince Eddie, Gull, Druitt, Kosminsky, Carroll, Tumblety and James Maybrick have never seemed realistic candidates to me.

10Jack the Ripper Empty Re: Jack the Ripper Wed Oct 26 2016, 14:53

Numpty 28723

Numpty 28723
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

There's someone I've always suspected and the clue's in the name of the author.

(Nice to murder you... to murder you... nice!)

11Jack the Ripper Empty Re: Jack the Ripper Wed Oct 26 2016, 16:15

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Numpty 28723 wrote:There's someone I've always suspected and the clue's in the name of the author.

(Nice to murder you... to murder you... nice!)
Ridiculous. He was only 14 at the time of the murders.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum