Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Hamilton v Bolton

+14
Hipster_Nebula
gloswhite
chipbutty
Bolton Nuts
wanderlust
Michael Bolton
bwfc71
Culcheth_White
Keegan
aaron_bwfc
terenceanne
largehat
Natasha Whittam
Sluffy
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 5]

21Hamilton - Hamilton v Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Hamilton v Bolton Sat Jul 21 2012, 19:48

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

So why did we extend Knight(mare)s stay at the Reebok again? What did Knight promise to do when he signed ?

Just like last season - full of hot friggin air and nothing bus a complete disaster - come to think about it was I talking about Coyle or Knight then?

22Hamilton - Hamilton v Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Hamilton v Bolton Sat Jul 21 2012, 19:49

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Culcheth_White wrote:To be fair, Hamilton do have a very good home record.

To be fair, I wouldn't even class hamilton as Blue Square Premier League equivalent!

23Hamilton - Hamilton v Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Hamilton v Bolton Sat Jul 21 2012, 19:59

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

When I look at the first half and second half teams we had out, I am quite impressed with our squad considering we are now in the championship. I am however not impressed by our shit manager.

24Hamilton - Hamilton v Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Hamilton v Bolton Sat Jul 21 2012, 20:01

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Michael Bolton wrote:When I look at the first half and second half teams we had out, I am quite impressed with our squad considering we are now in the championship. I am however not impressed by our shit manager.

Do you think our memberships to the Torquay forum are still valid? We may need them.

25Hamilton - Hamilton v Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Hamilton v Bolton Sat Jul 21 2012, 20:17

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Michael Bolton wrote:When I look at the first half and second half teams we had out, I am quite impressed with our squad considering we are now in the championship. I am however not impressed by our shit manager.

Do you think our memberships to the Torquay forum are still valid? We may need them.

Well I have kept this quiet as I haven't posted much lately here. But I am actually now a Chelsea fan. I want to win trophies, I want big money signings that excite me. I want to see my team play against Barcelona and Madrid. I want to win every game and some glory. Why don't you join me being a Chelsea fan?
One step beyond!

26Hamilton - Hamilton v Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Hamilton v Bolton Sat Jul 21 2012, 20:28

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Michael Bolton wrote:

Well I have kept this quiet as I haven't posted much lately here. But I am actually now a Chelsea fan. I want to win trophies, I want big money signings that excite me. I want to see my team play against Barcelona and Madrid. I want to win every game and some glory. Why don't you join me being a Chelsea fan?
One step beyond!

No, I'm bored of the Premier League. I want to follow a club on the rise through the leagues.

27Hamilton - Hamilton v Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Hamilton v Bolton Sat Jul 21 2012, 20:29

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Michael Bolton wrote:

One step beyond!

No, I'm bored of the Premier League. I want to follow a club on the rise through the leagues.

In that case you could try Rangers FC in the Scottish leagues!!!Very Happy

28Hamilton - Hamilton v Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Hamilton v Bolton Sat Jul 21 2012, 20:40

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc71 wrote:
In that case you could try Rangers FC in the Scottish leagues!!!Very Happy

No, it would have to be an English club, and one I feel an affinity with. I fancy Torquay because I still have a Torquay scarf from the time I swapped it for my Norpig after the 4-1 Sherpa Van victory at Wembley.

29Hamilton - Hamilton v Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Hamilton v Bolton Sat Jul 21 2012, 20:42

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Fleetwood seem to be doing alright....local aswell.

30Hamilton - Hamilton v Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Hamilton v Bolton Sat Jul 21 2012, 20:46

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

aaron_bwfc wrote:Fleetwood seem to be doing alright....local aswell.

Not keen on Fleetwood since I bought a pair of shoes from Freeport - the heels broke on a night out and I had to hobble all evening.

31Hamilton - Hamilton v Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Hamilton v Bolton Sat Jul 21 2012, 21:29

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

How about Rochdale, you never know they may make an instant return to league one next season.

32Hamilton - Hamilton v Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Hamilton v Bolton Sat Jul 21 2012, 23:10

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Whilst both the Accies and Ayr are decent clubs and may have pulled out all the stops to beat us, it is worrying that our squad couldn't do a lot better than this in second or even third gear.
Not sure what we have learned from the experience, but I'm half way to concluding that we have learnt we are even shitter than we thought we were.
These matches may be of little importance, but there's nothing like a stirring victory to build team ethics and instil the new players with confidence - and these games were indeed nothing like a stirring victory.

33Hamilton - Hamilton v Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Hamilton v Bolton Sat Jul 21 2012, 23:11

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:
Not sure what we have learned from the experience, but I'm half way to concluding that we have learnt we are even shitter than we thought we were.

Impossible man!

34Hamilton - Hamilton v Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Hamilton v Bolton Sun Jul 22 2012, 01:03

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Of course it's only the 2nd pre-season game but wouldn't it be nice to be writting positive things about the team. Nice passing, movement etc...looking good... and all of us aching for that first league game.
Right now I'm taking Burnley 2-0 until further notice.

35Hamilton - Hamilton v Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Hamilton v Bolton Sun Jul 22 2012, 01:11

Bolton Nuts

Admin

terenceanne wrote:Of course it's only the 2nd pre-season game but wouldn't it be nice to be writting positive things about the team. Nice passing, movement etc...looking good... and all of us aching for that first league game.
Right now I'm taking Burnley 2-0 until further notice.

That's a great point spock.
Why do we have to accept crap just because it's a pre season game? We should still look decent against teams like that. Come on. In about 3 or 4 weeks we will be into a competitive league season - is it really excusable to be this bad 3 weeks before the season commences?
It's only a friendly is an excuse for we are rubbish. A team of highly paid professionals should be doing a better job considering who they were against. I can't think of any other job where an under performance would be seen as ok during what is effectively training. A fire man couldn't go into a burning building during training and go "oh well, I died in training but will be ok in a real fire next week"...

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

36Hamilton - Hamilton v Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Hamilton v Bolton Sun Jul 22 2012, 01:14

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Oh, that was a rubbish example.
But really what I am trying to get across is, why (even though it's pre-season) are we unable to beat such a low classed opposition? It's still the same bunch of players who we are going to be depending on in a few weeks. So they have been out of season for about 8 weeks. Have they forgotten how to do it? But you know what. Accies have been out of season for 8 weeks too - and they won.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

37Hamilton - Hamilton v Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Hamilton v Bolton Sun Jul 22 2012, 07:52

chipbutty

chipbutty
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Last season it was obvious that the defence was a bit shaky (ok against PL teams) but still not good enough. There are still question marks over Boggers but the main problem has been the two centre-backs. What bit I (think) I know about football is, have a strong, solid defence starting with a good reliable keeper and two reliable central defenders. We have lost our best centre-half and the other will be out for a few months. Coyle knew this in the closed season. What has done about it? What has he done about the left-back problem?

Another blatantly obvious problem was, where were the goals going to come from? Against Ayr and Hamilton we have scored one goal (by a defender). Again what has Coyle done since last May in this department?

The main underlying problem with the team remains the same as before. I'm sorry to say the problem is the manager.

38Hamilton - Hamilton v Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Hamilton v Bolton Sun Jul 22 2012, 12:52

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

We didn't have a 'left back problem' once Ricketts got fit around Christmas time. So I'm not sure what you expected to happen over the Summer.

And if you're using the fact that none of our strikers have scored so far in the first two pre-season friendlies as evidence that we have go problems up front, knowing full well neither Ngog or Sordell have played and that we used 22 different players in each game, there's more wrong with your selective grasp of the situation than there is with the manager.

Why don't you wait until the actual football season starts before getting the knives out for Coyle? Is that asking so much? Only a few weeks to wait now and if we're as bad as you suggest then you'll have 46 relevant and important games to stick the boot in after.

39Hamilton - Hamilton v Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Hamilton v Bolton Sun Jul 22 2012, 14:09

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

We had 22 players ? And we still lost ? Probably couldn't see the goal for players Smile

40Hamilton - Hamilton v Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Hamilton v Bolton Sun Jul 22 2012, 15:00

chipbutty

chipbutty
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Hat , I don't have a 'selective grasp' as you say (Well I might have because I don't know what that means) . I'm just giving my opinion of how I see the club laid out before me which is the only purpose of these sites.

I may be wrong but I think that Ricketts is a right-sided player. Ngog a good holder-upper but not a goal scorer. Sordel - can't give an opinion because I've hardly ever (if ever) seen him play and I doubt that you've seen much of him.

My criticism of Coyle, which I will be delighted to be proved wrong, is that as I see it, the areas of weakness that we could all see, have not been addressed and that Coyle is continuing on from last season. I criticized him before and will continue to do so as and when I see fit.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum