Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton 2-1 Scunthorpe - The GOALS Post #48

+14
Bread2.0
Keegan
karlypants
Jack Russell
boltonbonce
terenceanne
King Bill
wanderlust
wessy
rammywhite
Natasha Whittam
Boggersbelief
NickFazer
MartinBWFC
18 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

This is the big one, our biggest test of the season so far, as I have said we are going to have to be on our game for the full 90 plus minutes, I'd be happy with a point.

1-1

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Not seen a lot of them but from what I've read they are solid at the back an are a physical team. They have scored lots of goals and Paddy Madden is a good player at this level, our back four will have a battle on their hands. Having said that player for player we are good enough to beat them, personally I would have Osede in instead of Thorpe and we need to get Ameobi and Clough running at them as much as possible.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Scunthorpe are nothing to rave about, they have one stand out player in Josh Morris, as for Paddy Madden, he flopped massively in the championship, our defence is championship standard. 

We will comfortably beat these 2-0

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I've heard that Scunthorpe were pretty defensive at Bradford last week, I can't see them coming to the Macron and steaming forward at every opportunity.

0-0 wouldn't surprise me. Agree that Derek should replace Thorpe.

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

They'll be up for this one as well knowing that a win will put clear blue sky between us and them.
I'll be happy with a dour 1-1 for this one.

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Perfect Scenario within three points a win takes above them i expect a win 2-1 will do.

Sheff United blow hot and cold at home some comfortable wins but struggled against poor sides (Bury 9 Men) Oldham  & Shrewsbury i think Northampton could pull off a draw.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Scunny aren't top of the league for nothing. They have good players all over the park, play as a team, have a very high workrate and never give up so our lads will need to be totally focussed and at the top of their game if we are going to win this one.
It's going to be tense and could go either way  but we need the win more than they do especially as it's a home game. Hopefully this is the game when it all comes together.

King Bill

King Bill
David Lee
David Lee

Can't think of a bigger home league game since Blackpoo came here and a win would have seen us reach the championship playoffs. Be great to get a bumper crowd in too, 20k+ would be great.
I agree with wanderlust, Scunthorpe will be hard to beat. They will come here to prove they are top of this league for a reason and we cannot afford to make many mistakes. 
If the back five and midfield continue to be solid and our (still) hit and miss strike force have their shooting boots on, we can see this one out and bag all three points. 
If, and is it a big if, we end up top ot table on New Years Day, we should mentally have the upper hand and go on a points fest which should see Scunthorpe and co. have their inevitable losing streak.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Can't see Sheff U slipping up at home to mid table Northampton so I think top is a bit optimistic Bill but you never know. And with our lot, going top would only have them believing their own hype again and having a day off next game. Still, it would be nice if unlikely.

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

"You are what your record says you are"  Scunny have more points and more goals than us therefore on paper they are the best team.  We have to play a full 90 minutes with no time off during the game. Figure they will score at least one.

2-2 sounds about right to me when the smoke clears.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

terenceanne wrote:"You are what your record says you are"  Scunny have more points and more goals than us therefore on paper they are the best team.  We have to play a full 90 minutes with no time off during the game. Figure they will score at least one.

Do you ever big up Bolton? You know the team you supposedly support. Fuck me

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Boggersbelief wrote:
terenceanne wrote:"You are what your record says you are"  Scunny have more points and more goals than us therefore on paper they are the best team.  We have to play a full 90 minutes with no time off during the game. Figure they will score at least one.

8-0 us ...... you happy now.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

terenceanne wrote:
Boggersbelief wrote:

8-0 us ...... you happy now.

Surprisingly

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Got a feeling we'll win this. 3-1 will do nicely.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Looks like a few of the armchair mob are turning up. There's bound to be an even bigger queue for the bog.

Jack Russell

Jack Russell
David Lee
David Lee

An opportunity to go top for the new year, if we can perform like we did against Gillingham I fancy us for a 2-1 win, I think Sheffield will draw.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Preview: Five talking points ahead of Bolton Wanderers v Scunthorpe United

1. Promotion six-pointer

Currently sitting third in Sky Bet League One, Wanderers sit just two points behind Scunthorpe United ahead of their blockbuster clash at Macron Stadium on New Year's Eve!

Both sides have been challenging at the top end of the table from the start of the campaign, and will be eager to gain an upper-hand in the promotion chase heading into 2017.

And with the Whites more than aware at what is stake as they look to leapfrog the Iron and return to the second tier at the first time of asking, the scene is set for a pulsating encounter at BL6! 

2. Home comforts
Having returned to winning ways at home to Shrewsbury Town on Boxing Day, Bolton will be chasing a tenth successive victory at Macron Stadium when they host Scunthorpe this weekend!

Conceding just four goals at BL6 during this run, the last time the Trotters dropped points at home came back in early October while they have lost just once on home soil in the league all season.

Meanwhile, Wanderers are also unbeaten in their last seven final home encounters of a calendar year.

Same again please, gents!

3. Will Jay Spearing be fit to play?
One of Whites' star performers so far this season, Jay Spearing faces a race to be fit if he is to feature against the Iron.

Bolton's stand-in skipper was withdrawn after 81 minutes against Shrewsbury on Boxing Day with a groin complaint, with Derik Osede coming on to replace him alongside Tom Thorpe.

The Spaniard looks set to be on standby to come in for Spearing once more should he not recover in time, with Liam Trotter and even returning Captain Darren Pratley possible options following their own respective returns from injury.

4. Big crowd
Having welcomed over 16,000 supporters to Macron Stadium on Boxing Day, the Trotters look set to top that crowd against league leaders Scunthorpe United!

Wanderers' biggest fixture of the season so far, there is an air of anticipation around BL6 heading into the clash. 

And with a possible victory over the Iron potentially decisive to the promotion race, the Whites will be eager for more of the same on Saturday as they look to see out 2016 in style!

Tickets can be bought from Bolton Central as normal or alternatively you can buy [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], so why not come down to Macron Stadium and cheer on Phil Parkinson's men?

5. Can Wanderers end 2016 on top?
Should Bolton clinch victory over Scunthorpe on Saturday and Sheffield United drop points at home to Northampton Town, the Trotters will head into 2017 as the new Sky Bet League One league leaders.

Fingers crossed!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ref watch: Andrew Madley to take charge of Scunthorpe clash

Andrew Madley will officiate Wanderers’ Sky Bet League One clash with Scunthorpe United on Saturday afternoon.

He has overseen 23 matches so far this season, issuing 68 yellows and two red cards.

The West Yorkshire based official has been involved in the professional game for the past six seasons and last took charge of a Bolton game when the Whites hosted Derby County on the opening day of the 2015/16 campaign.

His last Scunthorpe fixture meanwhile was a 2-1 win for the Iron against Middlesbrough in the Checkatrade Trophy on August 30.

James Wilson and Mark Dwyer will run the line, while Jeremy Simpson is the fourth official.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Radio Nuts is now live via the Portal or via this link here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hang in there Northampton!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum