Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton 2-1 Scunthorpe - The GOALS Post #48

+14
Bread2.0
Keegan
karlypants
Jack Russell
boltonbonce
terenceanne
King Bill
wanderlust
wessy
rammywhite
Natasha Whittam
Boggersbelief
NickFazer
MartinBWFC
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ameobis loan HAS been extended and will be announced Monday

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

MartinBWFC wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:
MartinBWFC wrote:We couldn't afford his boots never mind his wages.

Wigan would pay the majority of his wages. Or Norpig.
Ok I'm in then.
 i can spare a few quid if he wants to come back  Very Happy

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:Ameobis loan HAS been extended and will be announced Monday

How did you know this before Ameobi?

King Bill

King Bill
David Lee
David Lee

Class told in th'end. Apart from work rate, Scunthorpe offered little. Ref was poor, and easily swayed by their intimidation. Anyone else notice their manager constantly berating the fourth official? Henry shut him up.

Wilson was playing well, hope he's back asap. 

Ameobi, although relatively quiet today, links up well with Wilson.

Sympathy for Clough, he's not suited to playing on the left and needs a more central role. We all know what the lads capable of.

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

King Bill wrote:Class told in th'end. Apart from work rate, Scunthorpe offered little. Ref was poor, and easily swayed by their intimidation. Anyone else notice their manager constantly berating the fourth official? Henry shut him up.

Sympathy for Clough, he's not suited to playing on the left and needs a more central role. We all know what the lads capable of.

Agree with most of what you say apart from  Scunthorpe offered little.
I thought that they played well- one of the best outfits we've played against so far this season. Some of their passing taught us a lesson in how to go forward when in possession.
The big problem for us has been the same all season- we  don't offer any real constant threat in the box. Madine is  efficient in getting his head or chest to long balls but there's no one round about him picking up the layoffs. I know many of you will disagree- but we've got the defence sorted out, the midfield( with Spearing) does the job well, but the goals for tally says it all. We are a low scoring side and need somehow to increase the goals scored column. With the current 'attack' that's not going to happen

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I agree. For all Clough's talents he drifts in and out (mainly out) of games. He's a slightly better version of Mavies.

This team would walk the league if we had a striker like Billy Sharp.

King Bill

King Bill
David Lee
David Lee

rammywhite wrote:
King Bill wrote:Class told in th'end. Apart from work rate, Scunthorpe offered little. Ref was poor, and easily swayed by their intimidation. Anyone else notice their manager constantly berating the fourth official? Henry shut him up.

Agree with most of what you say apart from  Scunthorpe offered little.
I thought that they played well- one of the best outfits we've played against so far this season. Some of their passing taught us a lesson in how to go forward when in possession.
The big problem for us has been the same all season- we  don't offer any real constant threat in the box. Madine is  efficient in getting his head or chest to long balls but there's no one round about him picking up the layoffs. I know many of you will disagree- but we've got the defence sorted out, the midfield( with Spearing) does the job well, but the goals for tally says it all. We are a low scoring side and need somehow to increase the goals scored column. With the current 'attack' that's not going to happen

They are a busy side, but that's about it. They weren't good enough to press home their advantage when we gave em their sloppy goal. They failed to spot Derik's weaknesses at right back when he came on for the impressive Wilson. Alnwick pulled off a couple of great saves, other than that we nullified their threats. 
Oxford and Sheffield are the only two sides who've caused us problems this season imo and we came out on top in two of those games.
There's a good spine to Bolton's team now, that if it could be extended to the front men, would see us walk this league, as has been said above.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

The goals!

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Well if i am deluded i would be most surprised if you ran a poll Nat, simply stating keep Ameobe or let him go. If more than one person (you) said let him go then i would be Gobsmacked and to be honest think they haven't a clue about football.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum