Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Atheism

+10
Sluffy
Bollotom2014
wanderlust
Cajunboy
Fabians Right Peg
Soul Kitchen
Boggersbelief
Norpig
Bread2.0
Lard Lad
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

31Atheism - Page 3 Empty Re: Atheism Fri Dec 30 2016, 11:08

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bread2.0 wrote:Fry's beliefs are pretty much in line with my own.

At last! We've been waiting for this day for many years, it's very brave of you to finally acknowledge your love of the penis. KP will help you through this testing time.

32Atheism - Page 3 Empty Re: Atheism Fri Dec 30 2016, 11:09

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

God created the universe.

Something had to create it, nothing creates itself. Or perhaps there's another world in my fridge, or a universe in my wardrobe.

Idiots.

33Atheism - Page 3 Empty Re: Atheism Fri Dec 30 2016, 11:20

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

Something had to create the universe so it must have been God?

Why must the something have been God?

If nothing creates itself as you say, then what or who created God?

34Atheism - Page 3 Empty Re: Atheism Fri Dec 30 2016, 11:24

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bwfc1958 wrote:If nothing creates itself as you say, then what or who created God?

If you have a better idea backed up by a book (like the bible) then let's hear it.

35Atheism - Page 3 Empty Re: Atheism Fri Dec 30 2016, 11:33

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Can I post that banana video again?

36Atheism - Page 3 Empty Re: Atheism Fri Dec 30 2016, 11:49

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Bwfc1958 wrote:If nothing creates itself as you say, then what or who created God?

If you have a better idea backed up by a book (like the bible) then let's hear it.
 you should be in the new Trump administration Nat, you have similar views, You'll be telling me evolution is a myth and it's all down to creationism next

37Atheism - Page 3 Empty Re: Atheism Fri Dec 30 2016, 11:53

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

As I've said before, prove me wrong.

Someone didn't just come up with those stories in the bible. People didn't build thousands of churches because of a fairy tale. There's no church of the tooth fairy or Santa.

38Atheism - Page 3 Empty Re: Atheism Fri Dec 30 2016, 12:00

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Religion was created by people to control the masses, the bible is one long tale of fiction. There well may have been a Jesus but he certainly wasn't sent by a higher power

39Atheism - Page 3 Empty Re: Atheism Fri Dec 30 2016, 12:09

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

"God" is patently either not all good, or not all-powerful, as, for example, Aberfan proves. 

The world is full of many different interpretations of a God, but none of them prevents innocent suffering.

Are we meant to believe that an eternal afterlife is any sort of compensation for even one moment of the suffering of a child on earth?

40Atheism - Page 3 Empty Re: Atheism Fri Dec 30 2016, 12:13

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

As I've said before, I'll be laughing my socks off when I die and am allowed into heaven.

The rest of the Nuts crowd will be in Hell forced to read every post sluffy has ever made, over and over again.

41Atheism - Page 3 Empty Re: Atheism Fri Dec 30 2016, 12:27

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Fabians Right Peg wrote:
wanderlust wrote:In the beginning there was nothing  presumably. (If not, what created it?)
Then there was something.
Something created something out of nothing.
Whatever that creative force is/was = God.

The existence or otherwise of God has nothing to do with Atheism which is a human belief structure for those who don't believe in God. So if God is proven to exist, it won't end Atheism as people can and will still believe anything they are capable of believing.

Why must you start with nothing, the laws of physics state that you can not create energy or matter just change it from one form to another so you could argue there was always something and no need for creation.

the existence of nothing is difficult to prove since it can not be measured or quantified as it does not exist?
If you begin with something it's not the beginning is it? so the same logic applies to the concept of creation/Creator whether we're talking about the existence of matter as we recognise it or simply the creation of a force that causes change. Big Bang theory is dependent on the pre-existence of gaseous matter so what created the matter and the forces that allowed the Big Bang to occur? 
Perhaps if we recognise time as a human construct by which contextualise our own existence then maybe creation occurs in the future when we may even create ourselves and history as we see it?

42Atheism - Page 3 Empty Re: Atheism Fri Dec 30 2016, 12:45

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

The problem is, we are all geared up to think of things in terms we can easily understand and that doesn't help with getting your head round such ideas as "before time existed" and "when there was truly nothing in the universe".

Because we automatically view these things from our own perspective.

If you consider a period (pre-BB) when there was no time and nothing existed, you do so by visualising a big empty space.

But you're doing it in a framework which has you as the viewer on the outside, so for you, time passes whilst you are considering all this and that's what causes the problems when trying to get your head round it.

You have to accept that there's no passage of time in that void because time is a construct we've come up with to provide some linear context to life.

So there really was no time before the BB.

And that's the hardest bit to get your head round.

43Atheism - Page 3 Empty Re: Atheism Fri Dec 30 2016, 12:50

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

my head hurts

44Atheism - Page 3 Empty Re: Atheism Fri Dec 30 2016, 13:21

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I wonder if angels wear underpants?

45Atheism - Page 3 Empty Re: Atheism Fri Dec 30 2016, 14:00

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Time may be an illusory construct, but most people believe they and the physical universe exist in a cogito ergo sum kind of way, so although time (a construct) may not have existed pre BB, either matter existed pre BB (which must have been created somehow - and therefore the Creator exists) or it didn't in which case something created matter out of nothing at the time of the BB and whatever did that would be the Creator.
Not likely to be a "being" as we would recognise it but more likely a creative force. 
Either way, existence exists ergo creation occurred.

46Atheism - Page 3 Empty Re: Atheism Fri Dec 30 2016, 14:10

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:Time may be an illusory construct, but most people believe they and the physical universe exist in a cogito ergo sum kind of way, so although time (a construct) may not have existed pre BB, either matter existed pre BB (which must have been created somehow - and therefore the Creator exists) or it didn't in which case something created matter out of nothing at the time of the BB and whatever did that would be the Creator.
Not likely to be a "being" as we would recognise it but more likely a creative force. 
Either way, existence exists ergo creation occurred.
thats cleared that up then  Laughing

47Atheism - Page 3 Empty Re: Atheism Fri Dec 30 2016, 14:19

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i feel like i've stumbled into an Open University lecture reading all this

48Atheism - Page 3 Empty Re: Atheism Fri Dec 30 2016, 14:27

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:i feel like i've stumbled into an Open University lecture reading all this
We're talking about "God" as the creative force so I suppose when it comes to the existence of matter it's literally a mass debate.  Shocked

49Atheism - Page 3 Empty Re: Atheism Fri Dec 30 2016, 14:34

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Have you just made a theoretical physics based wanking gag?

Now that, ladies and gents, is what sets Nuts apart from the other BWFC sites out there.

(I'm not saying it makes us better, it just sets us apart....)

50Atheism - Page 3 Empty Re: Atheism Fri Dec 30 2016, 14:44

Lard Lad

Lard Lad
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Norpig wrote:try actually listening to it first before spouting rubbish AD. He doesn't believe in God, that's the whole point of his answer  Rolling Eyes
I know that, his lifestyle is a dead giveaway for a start.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum