Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Shares - stock market

+4
Reebok Trotter
bwfc71
Lyric Todkill
Michael Bolton
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Shares - stock market Empty Shares - stock market Sun Jul 22 2012, 18:20

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Is anyone else here really interested in investing in shares? If so what are you invested in and how do you see them performing over the next year?

2Shares - stock market Empty Re: Shares - stock market Sun Jul 22 2012, 19:16

Lyric Todkill

Lyric Todkill
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Yes

They will continue to go and down in a band 5,000 - 5,900

Or do you mean individual equities?

3Shares - stock market Empty Re: Shares - stock market Sun Jul 22 2012, 19:17

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Only real shares to invest in at moment are to do with the Australian gas and mineral mining - e.g. Rio Tinto, BHP Billiton, Xstrata - not bad for a decent quick return of your money if you only want to invest in the short term.

Mid to long term I would start to invest in ITVplc, BSkyB and Bertlesman - mainly because Bertlesman (RTL Group) have started to retreat a little in Europe and could be open to a takeover bid - mainly by BSkyB or even News International (TV arm - after the split). ITV is always ripe for a takeover bid and could happen anytime.

Mid term, I definitely wouldn't invest in shares as they are too volatile, to be fair, but there is a nice little investment company, which started in september last year - where you can investt your money for at least 12 months and get a decent return of 5%AER - http://www.burnleysavingsandloans.co.uk/

4Shares - stock market Empty Re: Shares - stock market Sun Jul 22 2012, 19:17

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I mean individual company shares.

5Shares - stock market Empty Re: Shares - stock market Sun Jul 22 2012, 19:23

bwfc71 wrote:Only real shares to invest in at moment are to do with the Australian gas and mineral mining - e.g. Rio Tinto, BHP Billiton, Xstrata - not bad for a decent quick return of your money if you only want to invest in the short term.

Mid to long term I would start to invest in ITVplc, BSkyB and Bertlesman - mainly because Bertlesman (RTL Group) have started to retreat a little in Europe and could be open to a takeover bid - mainly by BSkyB or even News International (TV arm - after the split). ITV is always ripe for a takeover bid and could happen anytime.

Mid term, I definitely wouldn't invest in shares as they are too volatile, to be fair, but there is a nice little investment company, which started in september last year - where you can investt your money for at least 12 months and get a decent return of 5%AER - http://www.burnleysavingsandloans.co.uk/

Is there nothing you're not an expert on?

6Shares - stock market Empty Re: Shares - stock market Sun Jul 22 2012, 19:26

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

bwfc71 - how are Rio Tinto doing, I heard about them, I think I am right in saying they are involved in gold mining? You made a lot of money out of them?

I think now is a great time to invest in shares, the Eurozone crisis has settled a bit after the Greece and Spain dire problems, things seem to be recovering.

I could never be interested in a 5% return. I have had tips on shares this last year that have seen returns of between 400-700% in a matter of weeks/months. i.e Magnolia Petrolium and Cosalt. Magnolia Petroleum is still a strong buy, they should double in share price over the next year.

I currently hold shares in only one company - Afren, an oil exploration and production company. I have very big hopes for these shares. There have been rumours Exxon or ENI may take them over, if they do it will see an instant doubling of share price.

7Shares - stock market Empty Re: Shares - stock market Sun Jul 22 2012, 19:27

Lyric Todkill

Lyric Todkill
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Michael Bolton wrote:I mean individual company shares.

Then either

follow a few shares diligently (every day) and set yourself a target of when to buy and sell

or

buy a bag of decent yielding shares and hold

8Shares - stock market Empty Re: Shares - stock market Sun Jul 22 2012, 19:29

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Bh its all about common sense really - Australia is not really having any recession problems and their mining output is one of the highest, if not THE highest, in the world - hence shares will be popular thus sending the prices high.

Apart from Mining and media, I just wouldn't touch any shares as many are poisonous at moment - especially the Banks and Insurance companies.

Its just about reading the papers, and watching Business news channels such as Bloomberg (sky 502) or CNBC (sky 505) and notice the patterns

9Shares - stock market Empty Re: Shares - stock market Sun Jul 22 2012, 20:05

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Rio Tinto are huge. They don't just mine for gold. Virtually every metal you can name and they mine it. Very big in Africa as well.

10Shares - stock market Empty Re: Shares - stock market Sun Jul 22 2012, 20:39

Lyric Todkill

Lyric Todkill
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Reebok Trotter wrote:Rio Tinto are huge. They don't just mine for gold. Virtually every metal you can name and they mine it. Very big in Africa as well.

And if you had invested in the same story 12 months ago, you'd have a sore botty to the tune of a 34% loss

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business/market_data/shares/3/87128/twelve_month.stm

Last edited by Lyric Todkill on Sun Jul 22 2012, 20:48; edited 1 time in total

11Shares - stock market Empty Re: Shares - stock market Sun Jul 22 2012, 20:43

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Lyric Todkill wrote:
Reebok Trotter wrote:Rio Tinto are huge. They don't just mine for gold. Virtually every metal you can name and they mine it. Very big in Africa as well.

And if you had invested in the same story 12 mnths ago, you'd be have a sore botty to the tune of a 34% loss

I don't dabble in stocks and shares and I wouldn't have a clue where to start. What I do know is that Rio Tinto is a big concern when it comes to mining for minerals. Anglo American used to be another global brand in the same field.

I prefer spending any surplus cash on the horses but that doesn't guarantee success either.

12Shares - stock market Empty Re: Shares - stock market Sun Jul 22 2012, 21:04

Lyric Todkill

Lyric Todkill
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Reebok Trotter wrote:
Lyric Todkill wrote:

And if you had invested in the same story 12 mnths ago, you'd be have a sore botty to the tune of a 34% loss

I don't dabble in stocks and shares and I wouldn't have a clue where to start. What I do know is that Rio Tinto is a big concern when it comes to mining for minerals. Anglo American used to be another global brand in the same field.

I prefer spending any surplus cash on the horses but that doesn't guarantee success either.

they were worth a lot more a year ago

13Shares - stock market Empty Re: Shares - stock market Sun Jul 22 2012, 22:07

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

They were worth a lot more a year ago as they had just taken over a "European" concern mining company - the name I just cant remember at moment and they fell because of teh ecosts side of teh takeover, mor ethan anything else. But a dabble in any of the major mining companies, in the short term, is always a good way of making some money - also same goes for the fuel companies.

I used to dabble a little when I was at University, but when I joined the Banking fraternity I basically wasn't allowed to buy and sell shares (well not quite true but the Banks didn't make it worthwhile to hold shares as it was a load of red tape to sort out and often I would miss a good buying or selling price - so just didn't bother. That was right up to last November) but since then I have been checking the markets and watching rises and falls of certain areas - but mining and fuel has stayed constant so far - as well as media in last few weeks (even more so with teh announcenemnt that News International is dividing itself up).

With reards to currencies - DO NOT TOUCH the Euro for at least the next 6 months - it is going to fall further as the problems in Greece and Spain are definitely not over. Whilst there is a rift growing between teh richer countries in the Eurozone and Germany! I do know for a fact teh Dutch are looking at ways to have a great escape ready incase the Euro collapses even further.

14Shares - stock market Empty Re: Shares - stock market Mon Jul 23 2012, 20:10

bwfc71 wrote:I do know for a fact the Dutch are looking at ways to have a great escape ready incase the Euro collapses even further.

So now you're on speaking terms with the Dutch government? You have some influential friends.

15Shares - stock market Empty Re: Shares - stock market Mon Jul 23 2012, 22:42

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Bolton Hater wrote:
bwfc71 wrote:I do know for a fact the Dutch are looking at ways to have a great escape ready incase the Euro collapses even further.

So now you're on speaking terms with the Dutch government? You have some influential friends.

No but I read the papers and watch the news every now and again - plus certain things do get leakned, like in the UK, which affects how The Nederlands Bank acts!

16Shares - stock market Empty Re: Shares - stock market Tue Jul 24 2012, 13:26

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

bwfc71 wrote:With reards to currencies - DO NOT TOUCH the Euro for at least the next 6 months - it is going to fall further as the problems in Greece and Spain are definitely not over. Whilst there is a rift growing between teh richer countries in the Eurozone and Germany! I do know for a fact teh Dutch are looking at ways to have a great escape ready incase the Euro collapses even further.

Now BH, didn't I say it was just a case for reading papaers and watching the business news - once you do that for a while one can spot patterns such as the one emerging from Spain today which is now threatening the AAA rating of not only Germany but also The Netherlands!!!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-18963810

17Shares - stock market Empty Re: Shares - stock market Tue Jul 24 2012, 14:24

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Make some predictions then. So far all you've done is said what has already happened and told us you anticipated that it would happen. We can all say that. You mentioned the Euro. What price is it against the US dollar today and what price do you reckon it will be in 1 month or 3 months?

Make some specific, measurable and time-bound predictions about company shares, commodities or markets of your choice. Say what will happen and when, and by how much. Anything you choose. Take as long as you like, and give us the current price, what you think the price will be in a week or a month's time or whatever.

I'm genuinely interested, I know loads of people who reckon they understand the markets, but they all come out with retrospective examples.

18Shares - stock market Empty Re: Shares - stock market Wed Jul 25 2012, 10:55

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Funnily enough my prediction about Spain's problems creating even more of problem for teh Euro wasn't retrospective!!! Just surprised it happened sooner than it did. And it was no surprise that sooner or later that Germanny, especially, would be put on alert for its credit rating as its only Germany, Luxembourg and The Netherlands that seems to be funding the rest of the Eurozone, hence knowing from the press, that the Dutch are actively looking at how to ready incase of Euro failure (just like any other country in the Eurozone) but also know that they are already backstocking the guilders (just as much as the UK still has a backstock of UK Euronotes and coins).

I have never predicted prices and never will, just analyse general trends - as that was part of my old job is seeing trends and not predicting prices (thats for the gamblers in the financial institutions - aka front office).

Oh and regards to the mining sector - especially those very much active in Western Australia, a bit of good news which could bounce the market a little.

http://www.workingin-australia.com/news/39009/western-australias-mining-boom-not-slowing-down-according-to-industry-representative

19Shares - stock market Empty Re: Shares - stock market Wed Jul 25 2012, 11:05

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Is it worth investing in Coprolite ?

20Shares - stock market Empty Re: Shares - stock market Wed Jul 25 2012, 11:11

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Reebok Trotter wrote:Is it worth investing in Coprolite ?

Dinosaur poo?

I predict if they had any rich minerals in them or ould be classed as fossil fuels???

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum