Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Supporters Trust

+15
Natasha Whittam
MartinBWFC
y2johnny
Hipster_Nebula
Buellix
finlaymcdanger
DEANO82
karlypants
Kane57
Fabians Right Peg
wanderlust
gloswhite
observer
Bollotom2014
Norpig
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 11 of 13]

201trust - Supporters Trust - Page 11 Empty Re: Supporters Trust Tue Mar 29 2022, 09:57

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Interested to see that the Supporters Association Chairman, Alan Houghton, has joined the Board of the Supporters Trust. Alan's always seemed a sensible sort to me so good luck to him.

202trust - Supporters Trust - Page 11 Empty Re: Supporters Trust Tue Mar 29 2022, 12:46

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Ten Bobsworth wrote:Interested to see that the Supporters Association Chairman, Alan Houghton, has joined the Board of the Supporters Trust. Alan's always seemed a sensible sort to me so good luck to him.

They finally registered their accounts up to the end of July 2021 as well.

It shows that they have just 4,033 members, had income of just £14,992 of which £5,000 was from a sponsor(???) and still managed to make a loss of £1,536

Three directors resigned during that year - did anyone know this - (Iles certainly never mentions any bad news about the ST but never fails to report the good stuff) and nearly all their expenditure went on their website and operation of it (£13,818 of the £14,992 income) they spent a further £2,200 on 'other resources expended' whatever that entails?

They have £47.299 in the bank

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by Sluffy on Tue Mar 29 2022, 14:01; edited 1 time in total

203trust - Supporters Trust - Page 11 Empty Re: Supporters Trust Tue Mar 29 2022, 13:53

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You appear to have put a link to your personal pc

204trust - Supporters Trust - Page 11 Empty Re: Supporters Trust Tue Mar 29 2022, 14:10

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It would be wonderful to have a strong and influential Supporter's Trust to give a representative fans voice in the decidion making process as many clubs around the world have, but this lot still seem to be a million miles away from being where they needs to be,

205trust - Supporters Trust - Page 11 Empty Re: Supporters Trust Tue Mar 29 2022, 14:12

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

BoltonTillIDie wrote:You appear to have put a link to your personal pc

Thanks for that BTID.

I didn't know that would happen - obviously - but I guess it did because from the link I've replaced it with above, you have to download the file to read it.

I thought the link would just lead to where others could download it directly for themselves and not to pc!

For anyone who did manage to view my PC you can now vouch for yourselves that I am indeed as dull and nerdy in real life as I am on here!

206trust - Supporters Trust - Page 11 Empty Re: Supporters Trust Tue Mar 29 2022, 14:54

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:

Thanks for that BTID.

I didn't know that would happen - obviously - but I guess it did because from the link I've replaced it with above, you have to download the file to read it.

I thought the link would just lead to where others could download it directly for themselves and not to pc!

For anyone who did manage to view my PC you can now vouch for yourselves that I am indeed as dull and nerdy in real life as I am on here!

i did see it and those pictures of you and Nat made me physically sick, you need to hide them better in future Sluffy  Very Happy

207trust - Supporters Trust - Page 11 Empty Re: Supporters Trust Tue Mar 29 2022, 15:33

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Norpig wrote:i did see it and those pictures of you and Nat made me physically sick, you need to hide them better in future Sluffy  Very Happy

I imagine Nat can be quite a character in real life.

If I was to hold a diner party and could only invite four guests from Nuts she'd definitely be one.

I would invite RT too, just to see if he was ok, he used to be a top bloke on here at one time and with him being a big BWFC supporter it worries me that he doesn't seem to have been seen at the games or posted on here for a couple of years now.

Bonce we be my next choice, I'm sure he would have lots of tales to amuse us with and I'd serve up a massive cheese board to go with the port at the end of the meal, just to see if he would succumb to the lure of it!

I would invite Glos for my last choice as he's the person I most wish would return on here and maybe a good night out with Nat, RT, Bonce and I might just persuade him to return!

Apologies to everyone else, maybe next time!

Very Happy

208trust - Supporters Trust - Page 11 Empty Re: Supporters Trust Tue Mar 29 2022, 15:36

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

209trust - Supporters Trust - Page 11 Empty Re: Supporters Trust Tue Mar 29 2022, 15:41

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Sluffy wrote:

They finally registered their accounts up to the end of July 2021 as well.

It shows that they have just 4,033 members, had income of just £14,992 of which £5,000 was from a sponsor(???) and still managed to make a loss of £1,536

Three directors resigned during that year - did anyone know this - (Iles certainly never mentions any bad news about the ST but never fails to report the good stuff) and nearly all their expenditure went on their website and operation of it (£13,818 of the £14,992 income) they spent a further £2,200 on 'other resources expended' whatever that entails?

They have £47.299 in the bank

210trust - Supporters Trust - Page 11 Empty Re: Supporters Trust Tue Mar 29 2022, 16:02

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Norpig wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Sorry mate.

If one of them can't make it you can be the first reserve!

Very Happy

211trust - Supporters Trust - Page 11 Empty Re: Supporters Trust Tue Mar 29 2022, 16:21

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Its started raining at Bobsworth Towers so I've come indoors and had a quick look at this info, Sluffy.

First thing I noticed is that they have declared that the accounts are audited AGAIN. They are not audited at all and never have been. An independent examination wouldn't be an audit even if the examiner were independent. He's actually the former Hon. Treasurer.

And the accounts are incorrect AGAIN because the balance of funds figure carried forward from the previous year (£48,836) is not in agreement with the balance brought forward (£49,796). But, from long experience, there's not many folk bother to read accounts or understand why accountability matters.

I also see that the ST has declared the number of members to be 4,033. In reality its misleading because the figure includes all those who joined up at the start when the club's future was of major concern and the capabilities of the ST unknown.

Very few of those continue to pay an annual subscription most having given up on the ST, for a variety of reasons, years ago.

212trust - Supporters Trust - Page 11 Empty Re: Supporters Trust Tue Mar 29 2022, 17:23

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Thanks Bob.

I've said from the very beginning that they were not operating how a public body (which being on the mutual register they are) should legally be run but I got a great deal of stick and ridicule for doing so at the time (and indeed for some years afterwards) but I think the penny has dropped for must people now.

I don't believe even the club takes them seriously but since the demise of the Supporters Association, clubs are required (I can't remember if it is under EFL regs or the government urging?) to 'liaise' with a supporters group - hence the Hobson's Choice.

I think nearly everyone now believes them to be totally irrelevant apart they them themselves.

213trust - Supporters Trust - Page 11 Empty Re: Supporters Trust Tue Mar 29 2022, 19:28

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:
BoltonTillIDie wrote:You appear to have put a link to your personal pc

Thanks for that BTID.

Just for reference, no one had access to your pc, it was just what the path to the file.

214trust - Supporters Trust - Page 11 Empty Re: Supporters Trust Tue Mar 29 2022, 20:09

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

BoltonTillIDie wrote:
Just for reference, no one had access to your pc, it was just what the path to the file.
Imagine getting access to my PC. Surprised
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

215trust - Supporters Trust - Page 11 Empty Re: Supporters Trust Tue Mar 29 2022, 21:24

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

BoltonTillIDie wrote:Just for reference, no one had access to your pc, it was just what the path to the file.

Thanks BTID.

I don't really have much of interest to others on my PC but it is still go to know that no one has been rummaging around in all the boring stuff (as my daughter calls it) that I do have on it!

I'll know not to post a link up from anything I download in the future!

Thank you once again for your notifications, they were very much appreciated.

216trust - Supporters Trust - Page 11 Empty Re: Supporters Trust Wed Mar 30 2022, 11:16

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

And just to prove my point...

Sluffy wrote:Three directors resigned during that year - did anyone know this - (Iles certainly never mentions any bad news about the ST but never fails to report the good stuff)...

In todays paper (on a story about Sharon Brittan no less) he tags on this...

Meanwhile, the Bolton Wanderers Supporters’ Trust has given an update on their electoral process with Alan Houghton, Martin Parnell, Ian Pegg and Michael Smith confirmed on the board.

All four men were nominated by the March 21 deadline but because there were only four places to fill, the trust’s model rules state there was no need for a ballot.

The four members noted will now join the existing retained board members, Robin Fletcher, Sue Higson, Terence Rigby (co-opted), Maggie Tetlow (co-opted) and Paul Wood on the board of directors.

And fwiw the ST has made no mention of this on either their website or twitter accounts!

It is worth noting that since the ST started in 2016 it has NEVER held a ballot to elect anyone!

There's never been any interest from its membership and the existing ST board simply co-opts their mates to make up the numbers.

Yet they claim to be the voice and representation of all Bolton fans!

Yeah right...

Anyway this is Martin Parnell one of the new board members -

And fwiw the other new board member we didn't know much about, Ian Pegg could well be the grandad of the young blogger Nieve Pegg (who comes from Rochdale) and also be the North West Managing Director of Greggs!

217trust - Supporters Trust - Page 11 Empty Re: Supporters Trust Wed Mar 30 2022, 12:35

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:

I imagine Nat can be quite a character in real life.

If I was to hold a diner party and could only invite four guests from Nuts she'd definitely be one.

I would invite RT too, just to see if he was ok, he used to be a top bloke on here at one time and with him being a big BWFC supporter it worries me that he doesn't seem to have been seen at the games or posted on here for a couple of years now.

Bonce we be my next choice, I'm sure he would have lots of tales to amuse us with and I'd serve up a massive cheese board to go with the port at the end of the meal, just to see if he would succumb to the lure of it!

I would invite Glos for my last choice as he's the person I most wish would return on here and maybe a good night out with Nat, RT, Bonce and I might just persuade him to return!

Apologies to everyone else, maybe next time!

Very Happy
Gutted....really gutted Sad

I like cheese. And port.

218trust - Supporters Trust - Page 11 Empty Re: Supporters Trust Wed Mar 30 2022, 12:37

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's interesting that the club set the low season ticket price offer "in consultation with the Supporter's Trust".

219trust - Supporters Trust - Page 11 Empty Re: Supporters Trust Wed Mar 30 2022, 12:45

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

wanderlust wrote:It's interesting that the club set the low season ticket price offer "in consultation with the Supporter's Trust".
What I find more interesting is how many folk fall for the most blatant blather and flannel.

220trust - Supporters Trust - Page 11 Empty Re: Supporters Trust Tue Apr 05 2022, 08:30

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I expect that Nut's Wolfie Smith Group might be pleased to know that the Supporters Trust, those terrier-like defenders of everything that is great and good, have held two high-level meetings with Neil Hart and Club Chaplain, Phil Mason.

Here are the minutes:

Power to the People!!!!!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 11 of 13]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum