Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Supporters Trust

+15
Natasha Whittam
MartinBWFC
y2johnny
Hipster_Nebula
Buellix
finlaymcdanger
DEANO82
karlypants
Kane57
Fabians Right Peg
wanderlust
gloswhite
observer
Bollotom2014
Norpig
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 12 of 13]

221trust - Supporters Trust - Page 12 Empty Re: Supporters Trust Thu Feb 02 2023, 22:20

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I await Neil's call asking me to be the face of Wanderers TV.

222trust - Supporters Trust - Page 12 Empty Re: Supporters Trust Thu Feb 02 2023, 22:36

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:I await Neil's call asking me to be the face of Wanderers TV.
Get me on the telly. I can do it. I once donned short trousers and auditioned for Junior Show Time.
I'd have gotten away with it if my pipe hadn't set fire to Bonnie Langford's dress.
Just give me a chance.

223trust - Supporters Trust - Page 12 Empty Re: Supporters Trust Thu Feb 02 2023, 22:47

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Natasha Whittam wrote:I await Neil's call asking me to be the face of Wanderers TV.

I think in this instance that TV stands for Telly Vision.

224trust - Supporters Trust - Page 12 Empty Re: Supporters Trust Thu Feb 02 2023, 23:33

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

225trust - Supporters Trust - Page 12 Empty Re: Supporters Trust Fri Feb 03 2023, 07:28

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:

Laughing

226trust - Supporters Trust - Page 12 Empty Pass Sat Feb 04 2023, 07:38

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I couldn’t take the risk. If I’d told Lady Bobsworth that I wanted to watch the ST AGM on Thursday night she might well have thought I needed sectioning. But I couldn’t help just taking a peek last night. It was beyond parody. 

Jack Dearden hinted that Terence Rigby should be brief. Maybe for him he was. I don’t know how long he took and couldn’t be bothered to check but listening to him for five minutes made me think that a month in solitary might feel like a lesser punishment.

I really didn’t get much further. I’d almost lost the will to live and so to bed.

Last edited by Ten Bobsworth on Fri Feb 10 2023, 10:59; edited 1 time in total

227trust - Supporters Trust - Page 12 Empty Re: Supporters Trust Sun Feb 05 2023, 11:07

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

228trust - Supporters Trust - Page 12 Empty Re: Supporters Trust Sun Feb 05 2023, 11:08

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Biggie wrote:

Hero?

Man gets paid handsomely for getting football club to 5th place in the 3rd division.

People need to look up the definition of 'hero' before they post nonsense like this.

229trust - Supporters Trust - Page 12 Empty Re: Supporters Trust Fri Feb 10 2023, 10:40

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

The ST are after your money. Soon you won't be able to see what they're up to unless you pay them an annual sub.

Here's what they have to say in their latest missive.

If you have not already transferred to recurring annual subscription, you can do so now and also take advantage of the discounted offer of a £5 first year membership by clicking here and using the code BWFCST5 when registering your membership.

Finally, we would like to draw attention to the members-only area that will soon feature on our website which will offer a range of benefits to members with an annual subscription – watch this space!

230trust - Supporters Trust - Page 12 Empty Re: Supporters Trust Fri Feb 10 2023, 12:55

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ten Bobsworth wrote:The ST are after your money. Soon you won't be able to see what they're up to unless you pay them an annual sub.

Here's what they have to say in their latest missive.

If you have not already transferred to recurring annual subscription, you can do so now and also take advantage of the discounted offer of a £5 first year membership by clicking here and using the code BWFCST5 when registering your membership.

Finally, we would like to draw attention to the members-only area that will soon feature on our website which will offer a range of benefits to members with an annual subscription – watch this space!
Don't dismiss it. One part of the members only section is to be devoted to my good self in various states of undress. My blushes spared by strategically placed flannels.
Surely worth a tenner a year.

231trust - Supporters Trust - Page 12 Empty Re: Supporters Trust Fri Feb 10 2023, 14:08

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Fwiw the first 4 mins 30 secs is just them setting up and really should have been edited out.

Anyway the video of the meeting.

232trust - Supporters Trust - Page 12 Empty Re: Supporters Trust Mon Aug 14 2023, 20:53

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

They've eventually got around to publishing their accounts up to the end of July 2022.

They say they have 4,187 members, a massive leap of just 154 new members than what they state they had the year previously (4,033).

They state they received £7,747 in subscriptions (which if ALL their claimed members paid their annual £10.00 per year subs should have amounted to £41,870 - (clearly their active membership is around about one sixth of what they state circa 1,300 people who pay full annual subs).

They state they receive £6,000 in sponsorship which I assume is from Bernstein's Kitchens ( [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ) which is owned by a ST Board Member and is shown to be a sponsor to one of the ST's activities.

Their only other source of income shown was from 'Event Contributions' amounting to £1,400.

Their income is shown to be £15,647 for the year (including the £6,000 sponsorship).

Their expenditure in the year is shown as £15,290 thus showing a small profit of £357

(Or a loss of over £5,500 if you take away the £6,000 subsidy from 'sponsorship')

Of their £15,290 expenditure, nearly £10,000 of it was spent on IT website, development, operation and other social media and £3,000 on events (they received £1,400 income from events - meaning they run them at a net loss of £1,600.

They have however still nearly £50,000 in the bank from when they started from those who joined initially, paid their £10 and have since drifted away and the Legend's Match fund raiser they were involved in.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

233trust - Supporters Trust - Page 12 Empty Re: Supporters Trust Mon Aug 14 2023, 21:20

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I bet there are no adverts on their site though.

234trust - Supporters Trust - Page 12 Empty Re: Supporters Trust Mon Aug 14 2023, 22:09

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Natasha Whittam wrote:I bet there are no adverts on their site though.

If you want to stump up £10,000 per year as they are doing - there wouldn't be any on here either!

Seems that what the actual cost to running their IT according to someone who knows about these things (the bloke who runs ww's site) is just nonsensical - and they are being ripped up to the tune of some thousands (or at a guess imo, they are probably paying someone's relative or mate £200 per week to keep it ticking along, pay all the running costs and be on hand when they need something doing).

Their money though (or rather that of their members) so I guess they can do what they want with it - if no one questions them about it.

'Zico's' professional opinion of the IT costs -

where to being

we;ve been here before

but ok, to address those points directly

website maintenance and devlopment - £5,509 or £458 per month

steep

1) it runs on a 3rd party platform which should be costing between $99 and $199 a year

2) it's hosted by these guys - I'd be surprised if they needed anything more than the business package at £28 a month

dedicated servers are £100ish a month but I can see they are definitely on a shared server, so wil be one of those packges

between the two services above, that takes care of security and functionality, other than pressing a button like I do on here when this site needs upgrading, to kick off an upgrade process

3) GDPR

there is no cost associated with GDPR

Moderators
Posted July 7
 On 07/07/2023 at 10:11, Traf said:
Come on, @Zico, let's hear your take on items 3 & 4

where to being

we;ve been here before

but ok, to address those points directly

website maintenance and devlopment - £5,509 or £458 per month

steep

1) it runs on a 3rd party platform which should be costing between $99 and $199 a year

2) it's hosted by these guys - I'd be surprised if they needed anything more than the business package at £28 a month

dedicated servers are £100ish a month but I can see they are definitely on a shared server, so wil be one of those packges

between the two services above, that takes care of security and functionality, other than pressing a button like I do on here when this site needs upgrading, to kick off an upgrade process

3) GDPR

there is no cost assocated with GDPR

you put a privacy policy on your site, and that's it, they have one here:

they could if they choose to put a cookiebot on their site to help automate the accepting and blocking of cookies (like those banners you see when you visit a website, asking for your consent) - they cost around £10 month

but they don't have one

4) costs associted with website support - see point 1 & 2 - that should cover that

5) zoom costs £14 a month

they have to pay someone to keep on top of it, but it doesn't take much effort based on the volume of social media updates

they've done 4 blog posts this year

so IMO someone somewhere is taking the piss

they're either aware of this, and try to justify it with the above, where I imagine most people would accept that at face value

or they aren't, and someone is fleecing them, but that would suggest to me that they haven't shopped around for support / services and given the gig to the first person they spoke to, or that someone convinced them this is what it costs

Zico is responding to points 3 and 4 from the audited ST's accounts...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

235trust - Supporters Trust - Page 12 Empty Re: Supporters Trust Sun Aug 20 2023, 10:04

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

It all looks very tinpot, doesn't it, but did anyone notice that the £6,500 included as Sponsorship income hadn't actually been received? Its on the balance sheet as a debtor.

Curious, isn't it, that the ST would be showing a loss for the year in excess of £6,000 if, so to speak,  it hadn't counted that chicken before it had been hatched.

236trust - Supporters Trust - Page 12 Empty Re: Supporters Trust Sun Aug 20 2023, 14:07

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Ten Bobsworth wrote:It all looks very tinpot, doesn't it, but did anyone notice that the £6,500 included as Sponsorship income hadn't actually been received? Its on the balance sheet as a debtor.

Curious, isn't it, that the ST would be showing a loss for the year in excess of £6,000 if, so to speak,  it hadn't counted that chicken before it had been hatched.

My guess Bob, is that the £6,000 is valued as part of the price that Bernsteins Kitchen's paid for their corporate box, which is approximately the third of the cost of one of them and for which Bernsteins is shown as sponsoring the ST.

I can only assume the intent is for the owner of Bernsteins and ST Board member to waive the loan in due course?

...but then again Bernsteins and its owner seem to be a bit unlucky in the past...

BERNSTEINS KITCHENS LTD - Struck off - Dec 2019

BERNSTEINS KITCHENS LTD - Liquidated - Oct 2015

BERNSTEINS DIRECT LTD - Struck off - Sept 2015

But horary,  BERNSTEINS DIRECT LTD are still going...

...but wait, they are £177,441 in DEBT

and so is -

BERNSTEIN KITCHEN & BEDROOM LTD

...but are £4,000 in debt also.

Seems the owner has several other non Bernstein companies that haven't prospered and flourished too, unfortunately.

For the record I'm not suggesting any impropriety at all and I don't doubt everything is legal and above board. I'm not looking to be sued and all the information above is already in the public domain.

237trust - Supporters Trust - Page 12 Empty Re: Supporters Trust Sun Aug 20 2023, 20:36

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

There seems to be a lesson here for would be young entrepreneurs, Sluffy. Get yourself a pie shop in Tyldesley and a box at the Toughsheet. That's what you wanna do.

238trust - Supporters Trust - Page 12 Empty Re: Supporters Trust Tue Feb 13 2024, 14:55

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

239trust - Supporters Trust - Page 12 Empty Re: Supporters Trust Tue Feb 13 2024, 15:13

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Whilst having every sympathy and good wishes to the person in hospital, a 'proper' organisation SHOULD have been presenting their accounts and holding their constituted elections at their scheduled AGM and would have held the meeting even in these circumstances.

I'm not heartless, I'm just stating what would happen in a 'real' company and not just a group of mates playing at one.

Nevertheless that is what the ST has always been and we all know they have never to this day actually held an election that has needed a ballot and that a child's piggy bank is more properly accounted for than the ST's books.

I do genuinely wish the person in question a speedy recovery, I understand fully not holding the AGM, and my point is entirely to emphasise once again that the ST is NOT an organisation that it purports itself to be.

240trust - Supporters Trust - Page 12 Empty Re: Supporters Trust Tue Feb 13 2024, 15:30

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I remember paying a tenner when it started as we were in the mire, i even logged on to hear the chat that was streamed from the stadium with people from the Pompey Trust as they seemed to be doing well and had a representative on the board i think?

Since then though it has become irrelevant, am i still classed as a member even though i haven't paid my subs for years?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 12 of 13]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum