Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Joey Barton

+3
Sluffy
Keegan
doffcocker
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Joey Barton Empty Joey Barton Mon Jan 16 2012, 21:26

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

It's mad enough that this bloke has been given as many chances by society as he has, but that he now fancies himself as this celebrity who takes to Twitter to badmouth the world and take the moral high ground on a range of issues is unbelievable.

If I was guilty of all that he is, yet was somehow allowed to continue living a life of luxury, I'd thank my lucky stars and get on with it with my head faced down.

What do we think about the bastard?

2Joey Barton Empty Re: Joey Barton Mon Jan 16 2012, 21:58

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

We don't think about the bastard.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

3Joey Barton Empty Re: Joey Barton Mon Jan 16 2012, 22:19

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Doesn't matter what we think - until the day that people values what a man is rather than how good he is at kicking a ball - then there will always be the Joey Barton's of this world.

Even on a simple basis as to young men earning more in a week than many of the rest of us earn in a number of years - simply because they are good with a football - then what is the point in having any values at all?

Football is obscene - any other sort of job would have got rid of the Barton's a long time ago.

We reap what we sow.

4Joey Barton Empty Re: Joey Barton Tue Jan 17 2012, 11:07

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Barton is a thug and if he wasn't a footballer he would probably be in prison. Once a scally always a scally.

5Joey Barton Empty Re: Joey Barton Sun Jan 22 2012, 12:01

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He has been slagging Warnock off on Twitter. The fact that Warnock took a chance on him by signing him and making him QPR captain cut no ice with Barton. He is a loathsome reptile.

6Joey Barton Empty Re: Joey Barton Sun Jan 22 2012, 12:16

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Yes, I thought that too.

Doesn't seem to be any concept of loyalty or thanks in some people.

Of course Warnock wanted Barton to do well (helps keep him in a very well paid job) and Barton wanted to do well also - but even if it did not work he could have kept his views and comments to himself and those who needed to know them - but to go public just show's lack of class and respect.

The sad thing though is this is no longer uncommon and the number of people doing it over the most trivial of things is staggering imo.

7Joey Barton Empty Re: Joey Barton Sun Jan 22 2012, 18:31

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

The cheeky twat, he slates newcastle off before he leaves then as soon as the guy who got him out of the shit at newcastle gets sacked he fucks him over too.

Thank god we never signed him.

8Joey Barton Empty Re: Joey Barton Sat Jan 28 2012, 21:24

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

The scum sucking twat fancies himself a bit of a philosopher.

9Joey Barton Empty Re: Joey Barton Sun Jan 29 2012, 18:34

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'd turn Sluffy's comment around and say the day we start judging footballers for what they do on the pitch rather than for the non football- related tripe that the media spoon feeds us is a day that can't come soon enough.

My only interest in Barton is what he does on the pitch and I have no interest whatsoever in his "personal" life.

Same applies to politicians. My MP could be rogering baby seals of a weekend for all I care - as long as he does a good job as an MP I'm happy cos that what he gets paid for and his personal business should be just that.

Media out!

10Joey Barton Empty Re: Joey Barton Sun Jan 29 2012, 21:39

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You make a good point Wanderlust. What if your best mate was a famous footballer and as a result of your friendship and his fame, a few perks came your way in the form of match tickets and decent nosh at corporate sponsorship events..

Would you still see him in the same light if you found out that he was knobbing your missus ?

11Joey Barton Empty Re: Joey Barton Sun Jan 29 2012, 21:54

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

The fact that Barton's a footballer doesn't change what he is - a criminal, not just living a life of luxury thanks to our questionable justice system but also using Twitter to spout bitter nonsense about anything and everthing. I'd find the cheek of the man worth discussing if he wasn't a footballer.

But maybe we should just concentrate on what Barton does on the pitch - ignoring the occasional acts of violence on it, of course.

12Joey Barton Empty Re: Joey Barton Sun Jan 29 2012, 22:00

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Footballer are role models. If they behave badly we should not condone it just because they can play football. Barton is a twat.

13Joey Barton Empty Re: Joey Barton Sun Jan 29 2012, 23:16

Do footballers choose to be role models to kids? No

Do footballers have a responsibility to be role models? Not really

If you want your kid to have a role model then be a role model yourself, don't rely on a guy earning thousands of pounds a week to be one.

14Joey Barton Empty Re: Joey Barton Mon Jan 30 2012, 02:00

Everyone should be a model citizen - footballers, politicians, whores, whoever - if they're not, I'll give them a scornful look and badmouth them on the internet.

15Joey Barton Empty Re: Joey Barton Mon Jan 30 2012, 18:24

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Barton has come out in the Sun saying that homosexual players must be accepted in the modern game. The guy seems to think he is an expert on everything. What a twat he is. As if people hang on every word he says. A modern day Aristotle he is not.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum