Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.


You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Wandering Minds » OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views.

OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views.

+33
sunlight
BoltonTillIDie
wanderlust
luckyPeterpiper
boltonbonce
Biggie
Nigelbwfc
wessy
RustyNail
rammywhite
Cajunboy
Angry Dad
Boggersbelief
observer
Copper Dragon
Leeds_Trotter
MartinBWFC
gloswhite
DEANO82
finlaymcdanger
Growler
karlypants
okocha
Bread2.0
Chairmanda
Bollotom2014
Reebok Trotter
Norpig
Natasha Whittam
Kane57
Fabians Right Peg
terenceanne
Sluffy
37 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 23 ... 45  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 45]

1OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. Empty OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:46 pm

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

I had plans to make more of talking about 'other football' a bigger feature on here than have it as a sticky in this part of the forum but I really needed someone who as an interest in football across the board (other than Bolton focused like many of us are) but I can't find anyone interested enough to do it, so until someone puts their hand up to volunteer, this is I guess better than the nothing we had before!

Two bits of news today - England squad named and Ibrahimovic resigns for United.

Yesterdays news being Rooney retires from playing for England

Ibrahimovic - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41040655

England -

OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. Tweet-900704399135309826-2

Rooney - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41029594


Anybody got any views on any of the above?

My opinions fwiw -

Ibrahimovic - I was quite impressed with him last season - United's got the money to pay his wages - so why not resign him - good business for them

England - Seems to be something wrong picking new players yet asking Rooney to return and naming Defoe - time to let the past go imo - and go with the next generation.

Rooney - past his best, retirement from internationals will help prolong his club career.  I've always liked Rooney - great player imo.



Last edited by Sluffy on Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:01 pm; edited 4 times in total

2OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. Empty Re: OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:59 pm

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think Ibra is a great player, however I'm wondering if he'll be on the same astronomical wages  he was on last year given that there's talk of involvement with coaching and that on the pitch he's more likely to be a bit part player than a regular starter. I can't imagine that coaches would ever get £10.5 million a year, but there again it is Man United.

3OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. Empty Re: OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:25 pm

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Not sure why Southgate has included so many goalies in what is otherwise a mediocre, albeit young bar Defoe squad - I'm not seeing much steel in midfield and perhaps a place could have been used for that instead?
I suppose the youth element is partially due to his work with the U21s and in theory you could get a decent team out of it so perhaps he's looking to build for Euro 2020 rather than looking for success in Russia?

4OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. Empty Re: OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. Fri Aug 25, 2017 1:15 am

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Check out Gilfy Sigurdsson's stunning goal for Everton v Hadjuk Split. Wow.

5OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. Empty Re: OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:15 pm

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Ibrahimovic - If he was healthy he would have had six by now the way Utd are currently playing. 

Rooney - Seems to be past it, probably better off retired from duty.

England - Not big on Southgate but I'll give him a chance. Seems like another in a long line of Football League Yes Men.

6OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. Empty Re: OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:31 pm

Fabians Right Peg

Fabians Right Peg
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Johny Evans, so Leicester and Citeh are adamant on flushing more cash down the toilet to sign a player who couldn't make it at a 'top' club in the past.

£23m for a 29 year old seems ridiculous to me.

7OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. Empty Re: OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:47 pm

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Fabians Right Peg wrote:Johny Evans, so Leicester and Citeh are adamant on flushing more cash down the toilet to sign a player who couldn't make it at a 'top' club in the past.

£23m for a 29 year old seems ridiculous to me.

I have no idea what City are looking at ........

While we at it Arsenal think Rob Holding is a top six Center Back.......They might know somat we don't.

8OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. Empty Re: OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:57 am

Kane57

Kane57
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Sterling for Sanchez has to be the most unfair swap deal in football history

9OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. Empty Re: OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:41 pm

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Huddersfield failed to take our record as the only newly promoted premier league team to win their first three games after being held by Southampton.

10OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. Empty Re: OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:45 pm

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Kane57 wrote:Sterling for Sanchez has to be the most unfair swap deal in football history
But it wouldn't be a swap would it?

11OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. Empty Re: OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:31 pm

Fabians Right Peg

Fabians Right Peg
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I think Sanchez to Citeh may make the premier league a competition, but without it Man Utd look clear favourites from what I have seen.

12OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. Empty Re: OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:53 pm

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

During the City game this weekend Sterling miscontroled a pass for the umpteen time and the camera cut to the managers dugout, he had his hands over his face and shaking of the head. I said to myself Sterling is history right there.   
He's overrated anyhow IMO.

13OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. Empty Re: OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:20 pm

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sterling is a rubbish footballer, all pace and not much else.

But the biggest joke of this transfer window is Oxlade-Chamberlain to Chelsea for a reported £40m. Absolutely incredible that anyone would pay real money for this guy. Ignoring the fact that he always seems to be injured, he's just another rubbish footballer. What has he ever done? Has he ever had two good games in the same season? His performance on Sunday was dire.

Football has gone mad when £40m can only buy you Oxlade-Chamberlain. What next, Darren Pratley signs for Man Utd for £100m?

14OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. Empty Re: OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:32 pm

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:Sterling is a rubbish footballer, all pace and not much else.

But the biggest joke of this transfer window is Oxlade-Chamberlain to Chelsea for a reported £40m. Absolutely incredible that anyone would pay real money for this guy. Ignoring the fact that he always seems to be injured, he's just another rubbish footballer. What has he ever done? Has he ever had two good games in the same season? His performance on Sunday was dire.

Football has gone mad when £40m can only buy you Oxlade-Chamberlain. What next, Darren Pratley signs for Man Utd for £100m?
You cow! Fancy getting my hopes up like that.
I've been avoiding Nuts,but this is too much.

15OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. Empty Re: OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:07 pm

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Natasha Whittam wrote:Sterling is a rubbish footballer, all pace and not much else.

But the biggest joke of this transfer window is Oxlade-Chamberlain to Chelsea for a reported £40m. Absolutely incredible that anyone would pay real money for this guy. Ignoring the fact that he always seems to be injured, he's just another rubbish footballer. What has he ever done? Has he ever had two good games in the same season? His performance on Sunday was dire.

Football has gone mad when £40m can only buy you Oxlade-Chamberlain. What next, Darren Pratley signs for Man Utd for £100m?

I have to go back to sleep ....... I had a dream that Nat agreed with somat I said.......

And I agree about Ox also.

16OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. Empty Re: OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:36 pm

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Arsenal have rejected a £50m bid from Premier League rivals Manchester City for forward Alexis Sanchez.
The 28-year-old, who scored 24 Premier League goals last season, is out of contract next summer and wants to play for City manager Pep Guardiola.
Arsenal have rebuffed all approaches for Sanchez, and would like City's Raheem Sterling as part of any deal before Thursday's transfer deadline.
But Guardiola is understood to want the Chilean as a straight purchase.
England forward Sterling, 22, has featured in all three of City's games so far this season.
However he is not guaranteed a starting role at Etihad Stadium following the summer arrival of Bernardo Silva from Monaco.
BBC Sport understands Sterling would be interested in moving back to London should he become part of the Sanchez deal.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41084876

17OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. Empty Re: OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:42 pm

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

IMO Oxlade-Chamberlain has improved since he  learned to defend reasonably well in addition to getting forward and whilst the fee is ridiculous (aren't they all?) he's developed into a dependable player with pace, occasional  moments of brilliance and a genuine attacking threat. 
Obviously he doesn't feature in attacking play as much as he used to, but he does a good job and is rated by managers in the same way as Milner - once an out and out winger himself - still is.
Stupid fee but I can understand why Chelsea might want him seeing as they have the dosh to do it.

18OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. Empty Re: OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:44 pm

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:IMO Oxlade-Chamberlain has improved since he  learned to defend reasonably well in addition to getting forward and whilst the fee is ridiculous (aren't they all?) he's developed into a dependable player with pace, occasional  moments of brilliance and a genuine attacking threat. 
Obviously he doesn't feature in attacking play as much as he used to, but he does a good job and is rated by managers in the same way as Milner - once an out and out winger himself - still is.
Stupid fee but I can understand why Chelsea might want him seeing as they have the dosh to do it.

Arsenal fans seem to think it's the deal of the decade if they get £40m for him.

One fan wrote about Ox this morning: £40m for a player who can't pass, cross or shoot?

He is clearly a Bolton player of the future.

19OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. Empty Re: OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:01 pm

Guest


Guest

Natasha Whittam wrote:
wanderlust wrote:IMO Oxlade-Chamberlain has improved since he  learned to defend reasonably well in addition to getting forward and whilst the fee is ridiculous (aren't they all?) he's developed into a dependable player with pace, occasional  moments of brilliance and a genuine attacking threat. 
Obviously he doesn't feature in attacking play as much as he used to, but he does a good job and is rated by managers in the same way as Milner - once an out and out winger himself - still is.
Stupid fee but I can understand why Chelsea might want him seeing as they have the dosh to do it.

Arsenal fans seem to think it's the deal of the decade if they get £40m for him.

One fan wrote about Ox this morning: £40m for a player who can't pass, cross or shoot?

He is clearly a Bolton player of the future.
Maybe when hes 45

20OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. Empty Re: OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:04 pm

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sponsored content



Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 45]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 23 ... 45  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum