Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Parkinson hopes to resume transfer chase next week following ownership issues at Bolton Wanderers

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

PHIL Parkinson hopes he will be free to make progress on the transfer front in the final week of the window.
Though boardroom complications have put plans on hold for the last five days the Wanderers boss still wants to add at least one new face to his squad before Friday’s deadline.
It is understood Chris Taylor could be the man to make way in the quota, and that the Whites have already turned down one bid for the midfielder’s services from an un-named League One club.
Parkinson wants to add to his options out wide and is keeping his fingers cross the complicated boardroom situation does not spill into next week.

“I think the chairman has been busy with the BluMarble situation, which is entirely understandable,” Parkinson told The Bolton News. “He’s trying to resolve things behind the scenes so it’s been a case of letting him get on with things and wait until we’ve got the weekend out of the way before seeing where we are with the squad.
“I’d hope by Monday or Tuesday we should know more and then we can decide what we can and can’t do with the squad.”
Wanderers are restricted to 23 professional players in their squad, due to the terms of the EFL embargo and it is unclear at present whether they will received any dispensation for Josh Vela’s ankle injury – which has ruled the midfielder out for at least another six weeks.
There are slim hopes the embargo could be lifted before the deadline but would depend entirely on a swift resolution to the ownership issues triggered by the liquidation of Sports Shield BWFC.

Taylor spent the last half of last season out on loan with Oldham Athletic but returned in good form during the summer and looked like he may force his way into Parkinson’s first team squad.
The 30-year-old has been unable to do that thus far and is yet to make an appearance in league or cup.
Meanwhile, keeper Jake Turner has been called up to the England Under-19s squad due to take on Poland at St George’s Park on Friday, September 1 and Germany in Mansfield four days later.

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/15496186.Parkinson_hopes_to_resume_transfer_chase_next_week_following_ownership_issues/?ref=mr&lp=3

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Unless it's Rob Earnshaw he can fuck off.

Only a miracle will save us now.

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:Unless it's Rob Earnshaw he can fuck off.

Messi couldn't save us the way Parkinson sets us up.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

MartinBWFC wrote:

You were saying that last season and we went on to win the league!

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Sluffy wrote:
MartinBWFC wrote:

I think you'll find we didn't win the league.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

MartinBWFC wrote:
Sluffy wrote:
MartinBWFC wrote:

I think you'll find we didn't win the league.

Sorry, I should have said 'promoted'.

Anyway back to your views on Parkinson from last year (plus as a bonus your opinion of Madine and his worth to the team!).

MartinBWFC wrote:I'd use the Clough money to fuck Parkinson off, he's a poor mans Dougie Freedman, one dimensional, no plan B, poor use of substitutions, and anybody who thinks Madine should be first name on the teamsheet needs sectioning, get Gary Rowett in.

Sluffy wrote:Give over Martin he's had his hands tied behind his back from day one, no money to buy players, had to bring in frees and loans and still had us in the top two or three for nearly all the season - give the bloke a chance for Christ sake.

MartinBWFC wrote:Sluffy I'm all for giving a manager a chance, but this fella is Freedman MK2, he has no plan B, he persists with Madine who in terms of the team adds the best part of fuck all, his subs are not game changing, other managers have sussed his gameplan out and set their teams out to counteract it, which is why we are on the slide, Gillingham aside when have we looked comfortable in any game?

If we persist with him we'll be lucky to reach the playoffs.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk/t15484-bolton-1-1-mk-dons-match-report-post-25#332362

Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum