Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton 0-1 Sheffield Utd

+18
BoltonTillIDie
Wanderers for 45
Bolton Nuts
DEANO82
gloswhite
Bwfc1958
Kane57
Jack Russell
wanderlust
Norpig
rammywhite
Fabians Right Peg
Leeds_Trotter
boltonbonce
karlypants
Sluffy
Natasha Whittam
MartinBWFC
22 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

21Bolton 0-1 Sheffield Utd - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Sheffield Utd Mon Sep 11 2017, 19:48

Fabians Right Peg

Fabians Right Peg
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Needs to go 4-4-2 or even 4-3-3. If we are going to play hoofball, then Madine needs support, get Alf and Armstrong around him and tell Pratley, karacan and Cullen to stop anything that tries to cross the halfway line.

22Bolton 0-1 Sheffield Utd - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Sheffield Utd Mon Sep 11 2017, 20:08

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Fabians Right Peg wrote:Needs to go 4-4-2 or even 4-3-3. If we are going to play hoofball, then Madine needs support, get Alf and Armstrong around him and tell Pratley to fuck off.
Thats more like it

23Bolton 0-1 Sheffield Utd - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Sheffield Utd Mon Sep 11 2017, 20:12

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Fabians Right Peg wrote:Needs to go 4-4-2 or even 4-3-3. If we are going to play hoofball, then Madine needs support, get Alf and Armstrong around him and tell Pratley, karacan and Cullen to stop anything that tries to cross the halfway line.
I agree but whatever system he goes for they need to press as a team i.e. everyone and substantially up the workrate in order to cover a lot more ground shielding the defence AND supporting the attack. Not sure if they still use Prozone or not but it would be an interesting comparison with the workrate of the likes of Stuey Holden or Muamba who did some serious miles and got stuck in all over the park.
If they worked harder the fans would at least appreciate their efforts and we might even start getting a few points.

24Bolton 0-1 Sheffield Utd - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Sheffield Utd Tue Sep 12 2017, 11:02

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ref watch: Stuart Attwell to oversee Sheffield United clash

Stuart Attwell will oversee Wanderers' Sky Bet Championship clash with Sheffield United on Tuesday night.

An experienced Premier League official, the Warwickshire-based referee will be running the rule over his 14th Whites fixture.

Mr Attwell last took charge a Bolton game last season when the Trotters were knocked out of the Emirates FA Cup by Crystal Palace back in January.

He has refereed two games so far this campaign, dishing out three yellow cards and no red cards, while he issued 90 yellow cards and eight red cards from 27 games last season.

Steve Child and Marc Perry will run the line while Andrew Madley is the fourth official.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

25Bolton 0-1 Sheffield Utd - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Sheffield Utd Tue Sep 12 2017, 11:03

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Press Conference:

26Bolton 0-1 Sheffield Utd - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Sheffield Utd Tue Sep 12 2017, 11:03

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

More drivel.

27Bolton 0-1 Sheffield Utd - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Sheffield Utd Tue Sep 12 2017, 11:57

Jack Russell

Jack Russell
David Lee
David Lee

He looks and sounds like he is on Diazepam clown

28Bolton 0-1 Sheffield Utd - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Sheffield Utd Tue Sep 12 2017, 13:07

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Jack Russell wrote:He looks and sounds like he is on Diazepam clown
Looks like he feeds the players them too.

29Bolton 0-1 Sheffield Utd - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Sheffield Utd Tue Sep 12 2017, 13:17

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

A win tonight could kick start the season.

30Bolton 0-1 Sheffield Utd - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Sheffield Utd Tue Sep 12 2017, 13:19

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:A win tonight could kick start the season.

Couldn't agree more, if we win at Blyth we'll be heading towards the play-offs.

31Bolton 0-1 Sheffield Utd - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Sheffield Utd Tue Sep 12 2017, 13:20

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

can't see it myself Lusty, they've had a decent start and beat Sunderland away on Saturday  Crying or Very sad

32Bolton 0-1 Sheffield Utd - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Sheffield Utd Tue Sep 12 2017, 13:36

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Sunderland are in freefall so I wouldn't read too much into that result.

Our problem is that we have a very unbalanced team for what Parkinson wants to play - far too many wingers and no defensive midfielders to speak of.

I guess he needs to crowd out midfield and work on set pieces for our goal chances.

Hardly sexy football for the fans then.

33Bolton 0-1 Sheffield Utd - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Sheffield Utd Tue Sep 12 2017, 14:28

Kane57

Kane57
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

It's going to be a shit game with shit weather. One of those nights when you wonder why you bother.

34Bolton 0-1 Sheffield Utd - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Sheffield Utd Tue Sep 12 2017, 14:59

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Kane57 wrote:It's going to be a shit game with shit weather. One of those nights when you wonder why you bother.

To be honest, when we secured promotion against Peterborough I still left wondering why I bother. I get little satisfaction from it.

I think the years and years of complete shite have taken part of my soul.

35Bolton 0-1 Sheffield Utd - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Sheffield Utd Tue Sep 12 2017, 16:22

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:can't see it myself Lusty, they've had a decent start and beat Sunderland away on Saturday  Crying or Very sad
Me neither but we live in hope. I just think that with us having to go to the arse end of the universe on Saturday - where we always seem to lose narrowly - a win tonight is necessary if we aren't going to be cast adrift by the time Brentford come to town.

BTW anyone going to Ipswich? I'm thinking about it but not sure I can be arsed. It's a shithole, we've lost the last 3 times I've been there and those horse mascots get on my tits.

36Bolton 0-1 Sheffield Utd - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Sheffield Utd Tue Sep 12 2017, 16:31

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's going to be a draw.

I can feel a point coming but that's the best we will do.

37Bolton 0-1 Sheffield Utd - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Sheffield Utd Tue Sep 12 2017, 16:39

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:
Norpig wrote:can't see it myself Lusty, they've had a decent start and beat Sunderland away on Saturday  Crying or Very sad
Me neither but we live in hope. I just think that with us having to go to the arse end of the universe on Saturday - where we always seem to lose narrowly - a win tonight is necessary if we aren't going to be cast adrift by the time Brentford come to town.

BTW anyone going to Ipswich? I'm thinking about it but not sure I can be arsed. It's a shithole, we've lost the last 3 times I've been there and those horse mascots get on my tits.
i don't really want to go to Horwich at the moment nevermind Ipswich 

If you go, you can prove to Nat you aren't an armchair fan all the time  Very Happy

38Bolton 0-1 Sheffield Utd - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Sheffield Utd Tue Sep 12 2017, 16:55

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

Can't say as I'm confident of getting even a draw tonight. I'm guessing it'll be the same story as always. The pressing needs to be good enough to stop Sheff Utd playing and force mistakes and the build up needs to be quicker, it always seems to be slow and laboured. Look forward to pick passes rather than going sideways or backwards. Not sure if it's the training or the fitness levels but we look a million miles behind all the other teams in this division.

39Bolton 0-1 Sheffield Utd - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Sheffield Utd Tue Sep 12 2017, 17:15

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:
wanderlust wrote:

i don't really want to go to Horwich at the moment nevermind Ipswich 

If you go, you can prove to Nat you aren't an armchair fan all the time  Very Happy
One thing about being in the Championship is I always enjoy watching us getting battered at Ipswich and Norwich. The sad thing is I've never seen us actually win at either venue in either the Championship or PL but I did go to Ipswich when we won in the FA Cup years ago when Stelios and Pedersen scored. Since then it's been an absolute drought for us in East Anglia.
Maybe I shouldn't go and our luck might change?

40Bolton 0-1 Sheffield Utd - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Sheffield Utd Tue Sep 12 2017, 17:51

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Go Wander, they need your money

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum